It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in aliens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I just want to get a poll of the everyone here on ATS who does and doesn’t believe in aliens.

State your reason why you do or don’t and if you’d like, give links to support it….

[edit on 103030p://pm3019 by andre18]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yes I do believe in aliens and in other form of intelligence. There are surely higher / lower and equal forms of intelligence in the universe, all this space is not there only for humans.

I know it and I don't have any proofs or link.When a guy like Bill Cooper gets murdered after all the work and research he did on the subject, this can only confirms that yes, aliens do exists.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by sc4venger]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
In some form or another, whether its a microbe or advanced humanoid, I'm not sure...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i believe in aliens because im surrounded by 6 billion of them.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Do people just not have an opinion on aliens.......this forum is based on it, and yet nothing......maybe nobody gives a f.....

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Aliens? if you are referring to beings from other planets, No I dont believe.
The whole idea is ridiculous.

I now sit back and await the expected abuse.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Of course. Its obvious they exist to me.

And no, I wont bash people who dont believe, but I will tell you to start looking into the topic a bit more. If you look at the complete picture, its impossible to deny their existence.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I BELIEVE.

Only one piece of evidence has to be proved to be EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL in origin for ALIENS to be real - and hidden somewhere there must be mountains of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Yes, I believe that other forms of life exist in the universe. It seems pretty arrogant to assume that we are it.

I honestly have no idea if we have been visited or not. Strange things happen here and have been seen and recorded, but I couldn't say for sure if they are of an extra terrestrial nature. Again, the sheer size of the universe would make it difficult for us to have been singled out and visited.

But who knows.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think that there are too many planets out there not to believe. I could be wrong, but i think the odds are in favour of life existing elsewhere, even if it is just bacteria. As for intelligent life visiting our planet. It could be possible. But if they have the knowledge and technology to get over here then i would have thought they would be smart enough to remain hidden. If they wanted to be seen they would have contacted us by now.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Haha I think I work for some aliens, or at least they act like it.

There's a lot of stars out there, and probably some have Earth-like planets, and maybe some of those have aliens living on them.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Todal
Aliens? if you are referring to beings from other planets, No I dont believe.
The whole idea is ridiculous.

I now sit back and await the expected abuse.

Well, the idea itself is not ridiculous. The universe is big, after all, although size is not guarantee of anything. A small box can have only one ball in it, and making the box bigger doesn't increase the chances of their being more balls in it. But there is certainly no decent proof of alien critters from or existing on other planets. Interesting evidence, of course, but nothing that connects that last dot from A to B to C.

Anyway, no, I don't believe in aliens, or feel the need to. They either exist or they don't. If I want to believe in a lot of crazy stories with no good proof, I'll go to church.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Yes, I believe that other forms of life exist in the universe. It seems pretty arrogant to assume that we are it.

I'll never understand why thinking that we might be the only life in the universe is so often seen as "arrogant." The notion that we may be the only tiny oasis of life in the universe doesn't strike me as arrogant. It basically makes us insignificant. An odd fluke that can be wiped out with a moderately small burst of radiation. And when life expires here, there will be no one out there who will ever know or remember, and all of the efforts and experiences of all life, from the tiniest plankton to the noblest human being, will have ultimately amounted to nothing. How is that arrogant?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
there could well be other life out there somewhere but i fear it will be too far apart and will never come into contact with another civilization.

which is quite a sad thought

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I really don't know the answer to that Question? How do we know if the aliens that people talk about in here are alien and we're not? I do think there's intelligent life out there, especially after seeing the Hubble Ultra Deep Field Image of thousands of galaxies out there and there in all shapes and sizes so life could be different in each one, or the same as our Milky Way galaxy. And that was just in part of the sky( space), what's all around our Milky Way ?, a billion more galaxies. I guess I feel we're all part of the same thing so why call them alien?

[edit on 11/13/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
to those who dont believe in other life,

its not a matter of the size of the universe,its the number of stars and planets.

there are 400 billion stars in this galaxy,there are an equal number of galaxies,

thats an awful lot of planets.

do you honestly think this is the only one with life,?????

get of your little planet and see the big picture!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wierdalienshiznit

Right on........ Out of all the billions of stars in our galaxy, and then all the billions of galaxies in the universe, and yet people can't believe.......

look at Europa, it has what scientists think are oceans,
en.wikipedia.org...(moon)

mars has ice, possible water,
en.wikipedia.org...

Titan is primarily composed of water ice
en.wikipedia.org...(moon)

........and that's just in our solar system......

[edit on 083030p://pm3051 by andre18]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I just want to get a poll of the everyone here on ATS who does and doesn’t believe in aliens.

State your reason why you do or don’t and if you’d like, give links to support it….

Of course I believe in aliens. Look, people can go on and on. They want an alien body. They want a piece of nanotechnology. Alien DNA. A spaceship to land in their backyard. Something that mainstream science can really study. An irrefutable piece of evidence that will finally nail this whole thing to the wall.

You can watch all the YouTube videos you want but the best available evidence is your brain. People see these things and they aren't all tiny blurry specks. They aren't all some lights in the sky. Sure you get those too. And those are true UFOs which means Unidentified Flying Object.

I've heard debunkers say pilots aren't qualified observers. Then who is? Is the president of the United States a "qualified observer?" A NASA aerospace engineer? High ranking military officers around the world? None of them? So you either except:

A) All humans regardless of education, societal status, raw intelligence, and/or specific training are unable to make observations on possible alien activity.

B) Anyone claiming to have seen a UFO is a liar.

Choice A doesn't make much sense to me. Can I figure out fussion containment or quantaum physics? No. But I'd like to believe that being human affords one the intelligence to really observe something unusal and be able to say: "I know men can't build things like that. Therefore it must be of some other design."

Choice B implies what it implies. But why would these highly esteemed people come forward and say "this is serious business?" Many of the people I speak of have enjoyed great success in life. Why subject themselves to public ridicule unless their experience was truly life changing?

Who are you going to believe? A pilot panicing and mistaking Venus for a UFO sounds just as odd to me as aliens. My father is closing in on retirement and he has spent his career as a wildlife biologist. I have been in the woods with him and he can point out a bird in a tree and tell me what type of bird it is at such a distance that I'm barely able to see it at all.. and I have 20/20 vision. Let's give our species some credit for crying out loud. We are intelligent and capable of making observations. Unless you want to believe the world is full of kooks and liars then some people see what they see.

The best evidence is the lack of evidence for a conventional explanation. If you are still stuck in the mode that God created heaven and earth and that's all there is then maybe the problem isn't the untrained observer. Maybe the problem is your outdated way of thinking.

Let's get real. The universe is huge and modern science tells us theres probably an unlimited amount of universes. Some of them could be inches from us and we can't perceive them.

If you still want to argue that there is a lack of physical evidence then you will find I agree with you... although there has been some physical data.... obviously not as much as we like. Honestly, whos to say that the scientific method is qualified to study UFOs?

Sorry that Vulcans (who just so happen to speak english and look identical to us except for pointy ears) didn't touch down and wish us all well. Life isn't a movie. Actually UFO sightings have all the hallmarks of what you should expect contact to be like. Something inexplicable. Something you see is intelligent. Something that probably started the long road of evolution wayyy before we did and therefore completely baffling to even the brightest minds. Something that can't be studied by any one discipline. That sounds like an alien to me. And that sounds like UFOs.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
OF COURSE OTHER ENTITIES EXIST!!!

Are you blind and stupid or both??

Open your eyes and mind! To believe that we are the only ones is ridiculous and narrow minded!

Life is everywhere you look on this Earth. From the bottom of the ocean to the top of Everest, in millions of different species...

Life exists not only here, but on different planets, in space itself, in different dimensions and on different "time- lines".

It exists in many different shapes and forms....keep your mind open!! It was only a matter of a few hundred years ago when people thought that the earth was flat! Hello?!?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
B) Anyone claiming to have seen a UFO is a liar.

Do people who claim to have seen aliens also fall under being labeled as liars..?

Interesting view point on UFO claims..... but what about abduction claims and such....

Alien Abduction Phenomenon
youtube.com... 5 parts

Do you count alien abductions stuff as real as UFO’s?

[edit on 083030p://am3028 by andre18]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join