It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry and Dean place second and third in NH's Republican Primary...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone had heard this, but I thought it was worth a read.

www.thenation.com...

US Senator John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, who won the Democratic primary, came in second to Bush in the Republican contest, winning 3,009 votes. Kerry's name was written in on almost 5 percent of all GOP ballots.

Kerry wasn't the only Democrat who appealed to Republicans. In third place on the Republican side of the ledger was former Vermont Governor Howard Dean, who won 1,888 votes, more than 3 percent of the GOP total.

I know, this doesn't mean much. After all, it is only one state and a small one at that but I think it is showing that Bush can be beat.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This country got used to mature, competent & altruistic leadership over the last two presidential terms.
Most people want to go back to that.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
just a couple of warning shots?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ah, if they only get rid of Bush then they can put in annother puppet which by virtue of unfamilarity will seem so much better...for awhile.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I've always voted Republican. I've been a Republican since I learned how to say that word.

George Dubya is one talented MoFo, for sure. He's done something no other Republican has ever been able to. Piss me off so deeply that I am planning to vote for a Democrat in '04 election. My first and only pick right now is Howard Dean. He is a fiscal conservative and he rightly opposed the invasion of Iraq from the very beginning. Right now, the wedge issues be damned. George Bush and his cronies have got to go. He is destroying this country. And Rapidly!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Similarly the "Reagen Democrats" were misnamed in the 80's. They weren't so much pro-Reagen as anti-Carter.

The same applies to Bush with anti-Bush conservatives. In a former life, over a year ago I frequented the AOL political boards (back when people still gushed about their cowboy hero). It was amazing.

Even then I was telling people (in a calm, cool voice) Bush will be your Carter. Bush will be your Carter.

They laughed back then. Now some of those holier than thou Bushies send ME "Stop GW e-mails"

Though I try not to rub noses. But I did tell them.

This goes beyond a one term blunder wonder like Bush 41. This will be a mandate OUT OF OFFICE the likes of which not seen since Carter. And WHOEVER wins will have a honeymoon with the press and people the likes of which not seen since Reagen.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I like your different take on it. I miss Reagan. Everyone's got a favorite and he's definitely mine - from my lifetime.

I really do hope this will be G. Dubya's one and only term. He's is the most fiscally and geopolitically irresponsible president I think we've ever had. I don't see how any conservative or patriotic American could ever vote for him again.

top topics

join