It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Detox/cleansing?

page: 1

join
share:
Al

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Anyone have experience with this? NOT DRUG DETOX, but natrual. I heard fasting/eating raw is pretty good (of course drinking plenty of water the whole time). Any tips on this? I heard that after a month, a month and a half you usually feel better. But then again, some say it's a total scam. Thoughts? I'm thinking about trying this.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Al

I did the lemonade cleanse for 14 days and it was hell. Though the day I started to assimilate oranges into my diet, I ran 4 miles straight through on a gravel track. I say it works, theoretically it makes sense. I dropped weight like I've never seen before. I looked like a Greek statue after the first 7 days and felt really amazing. I think that was from the satisfaction of eating though.

All in all, I'm a believer. I would recommend the juice cleanse instead of a lemonade one though.

Al

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What do you think are the pros and cons of both? The juice over the lemonade, would it really make a difference? In what aspects?

And the thing i forgot to mention - I don't want to lose that much weight, just detox since i know im full of crap (not in that sense...) Im 5 feet 7 and I weigh about 100-102 last I checked today. So losing weight would be kinda...bad... anything recommended for that? or it wouldn't make much of a dif in my weight since im so think now anyways?

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Al]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Al

Lemons and limes are among the most nutritional foods on the planet, but you can only take so much lime/lemonade, you know? With juice, there's a full spectrum of vitamins, nutrients, and flavors. I do a 5 day detox every month with juice and the difference between the two is amazing. The pros for the lemonade are probably only convenience. I do believe the juice diet to be better all the way around though.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I've never felt the need for a detox. What are you trying to detox from.

I heard that a good detox remedy was ACVH. Apple cyder vinegar, Honey and water.

I would like to know more about detoxing. Maybe I do need to do it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I've been thinking about doing one of them 5 day detox diets by I have the same problem as you Al, I'm 5 foot 5 and I weight 48kilos which is about 110llbs so weight loss is an issue.

I think a juice detox would be better then lemonade because lemonade usually comes with a lot of sugar so its not that good for you.

The apple cider, honey and water is meant to be really good for you, I've drank it to help get rid of colds, but it doesn't taste that great and you have to drink a lot while detoxing.

Well I'm trying it anyway, for the next 5 days I'm going to survive on green tea and water with apple cider vinegar. And I'm going to feel terrible.

I'll keep you updated on how its going and whether I've gone crazy with hunger

[edit on 13/11/2007 by WitchChild]

[edit on 13/11/2007 by WitchChild]

Al

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Keep me posted =]

Well, your SUPPOSED feel great after awhile, so the terrible should to be worth it

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Al

Well, if there's nothing to lose, you won't lose anything. At 5' 7" 100 pounds, I'm pretty sure you're BFI is pretty low. During the fast, you just lose the unnecessary weight, it's not lie you lose muscle instantly. It takes quite the efffort for your body to start feeding off it's own muscle. A good detox is 7-14 days.. It also depends on your age, how much junk/meat you eat, and your mental/physical strength.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well my BMI isn't actually that low, Its apparently perfect for my age, gender and height,(but then again BMI's aren't that accurate).

I don't have that bad of a diet at the moment. I've been vegetarian for 3 months and I don't drink that often.

I just hope I don't get sick, I just read about something called Herxheimer Reaction which is what happens when your body releases toxins quicker then your body eliminate them so you get headaches and nausea and vomiting.
So I have to be careful not to detox to quickly.

Al

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
AH, thanks! I forgot about the whole muscle thing. Silly me thinking I was all fat >.> Haven't been thinking clearly lately...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Careful though with all these juices. It might make your stomach more acidic and you might get ulcers.

If you really want to clean your system, drop all junk foods, canned goods, sodas, ice creams, and processed meat like hotdogs and bacons and the likes. These products are laced with harmful chemicals to preserve them longer, make them artificially taste better. Chemicals like sodium nitrate, formaldehyde, food colorings, wax, borax, sulfides, additives to make the product more appealing to the eyes, and flavor enhancers like MSG.

I don't think you want these in your body. Choose all natural foods only.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Okay then, its official.
I'm weak.
I got sick of green tea, and I drank enough water and apple cider vinegar to put me off it for life.

I took on more then i can handle, I give up...for now.

Al

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Should try the raw fruits and veggies one instead >.>

I think I'm going to try for the juice. More variety. But first of course, the raw natural foods.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Al]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yeah
I think next time Ill try the detox were you still get to eat and then after I've gained more will power I'll try detox fasting.
It doesn't help having a mother who looks at me like my head is spinning around and I'm speaking another language whenever I mention detoxing.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Can any one point me in the direction on how to detox from marijuana I was thinking about buyen one off google but there so many any one care to give me a lil insight?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
About six months ago, I started getting some kind of allergic reaction, but I didn't know what to, so I went to a naturopath, who doesn't do normal testing for allergies, unless they absolutely have to. Instead they encourage you to do a detox, and then slowly add foods back into your diet, so you can see for yourself with food is giving you trouble. So for a week I couldn't eat anything about but vegetables.
for vegetables: eat as many as you want/can. You can eat them raw, like salads, juiced, steamed, baked, or sauteed using extra virgin olive oil or raw sesame oil. avoid cooked root vegetables, like potatoes and yams.
herbs: basil, tarragon, dill, fennel, parsley, garlic, ginger etc
juice: you're supposed to juice your own
avoid: all dairy, meat, eggs, grains (cereal, pasta, bread corn, rice, etc), beans, nuts, seeds, processed, fried and refined foods, salt, sweets, spices (like pepper), coffee, tea and alcohol.
It was really rough, but it did help. After a week, my sleeping schedule was back to normal, which is something I have trouble with usually, and I just felt better when I woke up in the mornings, had more energy, and my stomach just felt better in general. Eventually I found out I was allergic to corn, oh well. I also had to drink a "cleansing shake" like nutriclear or something, which was really really gross and chalky. Anyway, I think it was worth it! I would do it again if I had the willpower... All in all, I lost ten pounds in a week, was really hungry all the time, but by the time I finished, I started getting used to what I was limited to, and spent more time making my own food/thinking of new ways to make it.

top topics

join