It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past Civilisations - Convince me WHY they didn't exist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by Lannock

I've never been able to figure out how Ohlmeyer came to that conclusion. One of those great unsolved mysteries I guess. Unless, he never really looked at it?

But if you accept his opinion, and dismiss everyone elses, then I did hope no-one ever tells you that drinking hemlock is good for you

What is interesting about the Piri Re'is map is that it appears to depict fairly accurately the opening to the Straits of Magellan (of course, that's not the case if you think it shows Antarctica joined directly to Brazil
)

Nice thinly veiled insult. Well done

I have an open mind about all things. To me pretty much everything is possible (within reason of course, i.e. Easter bunny et al) and I will consider something a possibility until my mind is made up either way.

These are just 2 things which I'm 100% convinced of. I am convinced and it's not my intention to convince anyone else so don't ask me for proof:
1. There is a creator.
2. The Bible is ALL about aliens. The god and angels and maybe even Jesus (if he existed) were aliens. There's plenty of evidence on ATS, the WWW and the Bible if you read it with an open mind. To me that's the ultimate proof for the AAT (that topic disappeared
).

What I am still open about is the current topic. There's plenty of "evidence" either way but no proof. I'm prepared to accept that slaves built the Pyramids, but I'm not prepared to accept that any Egyptian designed them. The main proof (yes, PROOF) is that the Great Pyramid is smack bang in the middle of the continental landmasses, excl Antarctica. Who knows, maybe its just a grand coincidence, like the sun and the moon being visually the same size as seen from Earth

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock
I'm prepared to accept that slaves built the Pyramids, but I'm not prepared to accept that any Egyptian designed them. The main proof (yes, PROOF) is that the Great Pyramid is smack bang in the middle of the continental landmasses, excl Antarctica. Who knows, maybe its just a grand coincidence, like the sun and the moon being visually the same size as seen from Earth

but slaves didn't build the pyramids, they were built by a free workforce who were well fed and treated and even had medical care.
And they were clearly designed by Egyptians who also designed several pyramids which are older than those at Giza and not as advanced and many after the Gizamids which are just as complicated and even more ornate
the GP is not smack bang dead in the middle of anything, its on the northeast coast of Africa. the Caucasus mark the mid point of the Eurasian continent and the Eurasian continent is the largest continent on earth.

These claims you just made date from the 19th century
you need to update your research just a little

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Howdy KW

What is your source for the 'center' being in the Caucasus? I seem to recall it was somewhere near Kiev.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky

I'm prepared to accept that slaves built the Pyramids, but I'm not prepared to accept that any Egyptian designed them. The main proof (yes, PROOF) is that the Great Pyramid is smack bang in the middle of the continental landmasses, excl Antarctica. Who knows, maybe its just a grand coincidence, like the sun and the moon being visually the same size as seen from Earth

but slaves didn't build the pyramids, they were built by a free workforce who were well fed and treated and even had medical care.
And they were clearly designed by Egyptians who also designed several pyramids which are older than those at Giza and not as advanced and many after the Gizamids which are just as complicated and even more ornate
the GP is not smack bang dead in the middle of anything, its on the northeast coast of Africa. the Caucasus mark the mid point of the Eurasian continent and the Eurasian continent is the largest continent on earth.

These claims you just made date from the 19th century
you need to update your research just a little

I might be wrong about that but your reasoning behind it is laughable at best. You can do better than that.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy KW

What is your source for the 'center' being in the Caucasus? I seem to recall it was somewhere near Kiev.

The Caucasus Mountains are commonly reckoned as a dividing line between Asia and Europe, and territories in Caucasia are variably considered to be in one or both continents.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I might be wrong about that but your reasoning behind it is laughable at best. You can do better than that.

you are wrong

Rooted firmly in the popular imagination is the idea that the pyramids were built by slaves serving a merciless pharaoh. This notion of a vast slave class in Egypt originated in Judeo-Christian tradition and has been popularized by Hollywood productions like Cecil B. De Mille’s The Ten Commandments, in which a captive people labor in the scorching sun beneath the whips of pharaoh’s overseers. But graffiti from inside the Giza monuments themselves have long suggested something very different.

www.christiantrumpetsounding.com...

Piazzi Smyth also wrote that Egypt is in the geographical center of the dry habitable land mass of the whole earth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Charles Piazzi Smyth (January 3, 1819 – February 21, 1900),

www.philipcoppens.com...

The Great Pyramid is indeed one of the most accurately surveyed constructions in the world; it is also one of the most accurately made; it is claimed that it is the largest and most accurate stone building in the world. Only modern optical surveying equipment has detected any errors in its ancient stones. As I have pointed out in “The New Pyramid Age”: the builders of my parent’s downstairs’ toilet managed to work with greater error over a distance of two metres, than the pyramid builders over fifty times that distance.

totally wrong.

the evidence that you have just displayed in not knowing these simple and very well known facts shows that you have only researched this topic from outdated and pseudohistoric sources. Were you in future to change your methodology to doing your research from credible sources you may start getting it correct

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Howdy KW

I did find the basis of the Kiev claim from a debunking of Smith's claim - located here:

www.catchpenny.org...

Link

Will see if I can where someone has actually calculated it.

[edit on 21/11/07 by Hanslune]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
my favourite piece of geographical pyramidiocy is that it is located there at 30 degrees north for a specific reason
despite the fact that the system of earth measurement that the 30 degrees is a measurement of was invented by the Flemish geographer and cartographer Gerardus Mercator, in 1569CE

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Proof of time travel I guess!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The apprent size of both moon and sun are coencidental, and even if it is not which is fair enough, and even if this can be taken as some sign of a great creator, what would usch a powerfull have for a reason for this? Why would the moon and sun have the same apparent size, what need of an all powerfull being would this fufill? Or did it just do it for S***s n giggles?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Grins and giggles, gods are like that, being a god is awfully boring work and there minds must wander into some fairly obscure cul-de-sacs of trivia.

Actually the coincidence with the sun and moon size is a passing event. The moon is slowliy moving away and at some point the special relationship will be lost.

Added: about 500 million years based on a "move away" rate of 3.8 centimeters a year.

[edit on 21/11/07 by Hanslune]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
When the moon is free of our gravitational pull the earth will wobble wildly in its orbit.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

When the moon is free of our gravitational pull the earth will wobble wildly in its orbit.

Why? I'm unaware that this is happening to Venus, Mercury or Mars. Its an interesting idea/question thou.

Added: I've asked that question on Bad Astronomy to see what the opinion is.

And the intial response is yes, it will increase - but I expect more discussion on that as it doesn't explain the "wobbles" of the other planets.

A good, not to technical, discussion of the factors involved in this
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24/11/07 by Hanslune]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Greeting Hanslune

Without the moon, days would last four hours, winds would blow with hurricane force, and Earth would be shrouded in a dense, toxic atmosphere. What luck that 50 million years ago, Earth sustained a major collision that created its moon!

shopping.discovery.com...

Why? I'm unaware that this is happening to Venus, Mercury or Mars. Its an interesting idea/question thou

Mars has 2 moons Phobos and Deimos

[edit on 24-11-2007 by JadePhoenix]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Without the Moon, there would be no change in the length of the day due to the tidal friction between the Earth and Moon

www.astronomycafe.net...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

I do not see these people just volunteering to do back breaking, body destroying work, I'm not saying slaves built it either.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Howdy JadePhoenix

Mars has 2 moons Phobos and Deimos

They are captured asteriods and are so small they have little if any effect on Mars orbit. Both I believe are doomed to crash into Mars somewhere in the distance future.

50 million years since the Moons creations? Somewhat at odds with the information about the age of the Moon rocks brought back by the Americans and Russian space mission

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

50 million years since the Moons creations?

The moon is billions of years old is it not?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
www.ananova.com...

Researchers from Oxford University and the Universities of Cologne and Muenster have determined the moon is 4.527 billion years old.

en.wikipedia.org...

Modern geologists consider the age of the Earth to be around 4.54 billion years

so its almost as old as the earth making any discussion about its absence effecting the earths seasons invalid

[edit on 26-11-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

so its almsot as old as the earth making any discussion about its absence effecting the earths seasons invalid

So you're saying that the documentary "If We Had No Moon" by the History Channel is wrong?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join