It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distant with the world.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Since i've been where I live now, I've only made 2 friends. And one of them is a "family" man, he doesn't have much time for anything. The other one is a Mason, he's got meetings and "situations" he needs to deal with. And now he's going to the army due to stress with the organization, Honestly, I think he's been brainwashed, but that just my opinion. I've also went and hung out with a few lady friends, but that didn't go too swell either. I think the main problem is, I miss my old friends. The acquaintences that i've acquired at my new home cannot compare to the friends that I once had. Sure I still talk to my old chaps from time to time, but that's just it, time has changed everything. The longer i've been away, the more distant we have all become. I'm almost nothing but a memory, and no longer a person. It's like i've died and had to watch the outcome in my friends actions.

Another thing is, I have absolutely nothing in common with the people I hang out with where I am now. They always ask me, "why are you always so down", "do you ever leave your house". I feel like a J.A. for not showing these people as much attention as I should. But than again, i'm nothing but a secondary friend to them. Nothing but someone to talk to when their friends are gone.

I almost feel as if i'm a drone. Lately, there hasn't been too much emotion in myself. Things are getting slightly dimmer everyday. My thought pattern begins to weaken, and people tend to avoid me. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, or emo, it's just the truth. There's a point every once in a while where thing don't even feel real. I've seen psycologists, and have been medicated. Nothing seems to help this great distance I feel with the world. I sit here in hopes of a little enlightment, wondering what it is I should do.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MadSeason313

Perhaps its time for you to do some soul searching and life changing. Even thought change is a bitch.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I know how you feel man.

I am 21 years old and living in my 7th place. My dads job had us moving alot.

How old are you? Are you in school? Distance to family/friends? Area of work/country?

Having moved all these time I wish i could give you a magic answer, but there is no overnight remedy. Like where i am living now, i been here almost 2 months, and pretty much the only people that ive met were my neighbors on the first day i came here, but the 6 of us all have gotten along pretty good. This is by far the easist time ive had adapting, albit i still only know a handfull of people.

I know the feeling you are talking about. you'll just be hanging out at some party or something, and then it just creeps up on you, and overwhelming sense of sadness and selfpity, crossed with lonliness and regection, with and overtone of 'What the (blank) am i doing here' as you look around and hear about 20 conversations at once, you cant help but get the feeling that you are deadly alone, a sore thumb that sticks out.

If the people you hang with get you down, or just have absolutly nothing in common, then you won't be missing much if you just stop hanging with them.

The world is in a shift right now, people are abaonding the face to face soicial networking, and entering the world of the digital network, where everyone is looking for anonoymous sex, or are so paranoid out of thier minds they won't participate in the online networks. Seems the only face to face social events are for getting drunk.

Some days i just dont see a point to leave the house, there is nothing out there to do... and if the one phone call goes bad, what to do?

The thing is, you need to put your self out there, even a little bit at a time. Just start driving/walking around the town, and see if there is something that catches your eye, something that draws you in. At least this way you will be near people that think similar to you.

To quote Yoda:
"No try, just do"

Basicly, dont over think it, dont think of the situation from every and, and dont overthink the situation, as a guy, this is my downfall, taking small, sometimes nonexist events and connecting them into some horrible nightmare that is now so far from what is, that you are only polouting your mind with the thoughts.

Also, just give you friends back home a call, that always helps, hours can melt away when talking with a friend that you havent spoke with in a while. You will feel rejuvinated, and that you can take on anything, and have no fear.

This is what i can offer, just to help a little, from my years or so of this similar situation, or the course of many trails.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

How old are you? Are you in school? Distance to family/friends? Area of work/country?

First off, let me thank you for your kind words of wisdom.

As for the details. I'm 19 years old, and yes, I am enrolled in college. Which isn't that much different from High School, that i've noticed anyway. Except that I actually get to wear my cap and headphones during class hours. Also, the school doesn't seem like a Nazi prison camp, as my last one seemed to fit the role.

I like a fair distance away from my family and friends. About 400 miles away to be exact. Which has taken a toll on my "mind".

Ha! You'll like this one, I work at a fast food restaurant, serving obesity between a bun with a smile.

America, you've got to love it. Despite the corruption, and greed which takes place, NOT only in the government, but it's people.

I'm not trying to blow you off here, but are situations are a little different. I don't know the reason for you moving so much, but I was, in a sense, forced to move. Where I lived, I feel I would have did myself in long ago. Everyone there is slowly leading themselves to their own demise. Nobody trusts one another, and everyone is careless. Though, I loved my home, I just never really seen things eye to eye with everyone else there. So basically I extracted myself from the massacre, and am trying to start fresh, which obviously isn't turning out the way I had hoped for. If I had moved away alot sooner, maybe things would have never turned out this way. I had opportunities, but never thought twice to take them. It just seemed wrong. But now I know it would have been the right decision. Regret, a hell of a word, huh?!

I know I make my "home" sound f'd up, but all in all, I loved the damn place. And I wished I had never left. Cheers mate!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Oh yeah, to all viewers. I'm sorry that this isn't a "pass it on", type of thread. Just to let you know.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hey there, this is a subject that I know something about! (Shocking I know:!
Your in college right, check out some student organizations! Great way to meet new people your own age and who share same interests. If your into Anime join an Anime club, if you sing join choir, if you party like no other then read my next paragraph!

I was never a social person till I moved out west for my first summer. The best advise I can give you is just talk to people. Walk up to someone who looks nice and say "so whats there to do in this place for fun?". Trust me it works, used to use it on family vacations on the resort ladies . If your not into the party scene then like I said before, join some organization. Keep on keeping on bro and good luck

top topics

join