It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum Investigative Review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Without giving details, I was contracted to review ten conspiracy related forums in September and October. The sites were up to me to find using general search sites to locate them. It was asked that I pretend to be a normal surfer looking for interesting information regarding government cover-ups, and search from there to get a fresh evaluation. I submitted my report Friday, November 9th.

One of the three elements I was asked to review was to determine the focus on Ron Paul related issues. Secondly, I was also required to analyze the site owner’s input as well to determine the owner’s level of interest in the site they owned. Thirdly, I was further asked to rate the forum on a scale of 10 for their potential to cause negative influence towards the United States government in the event that non-posters come across the site. The lowest rating I assigned was 7 stars.

Here is my abbreviated synopsis, in alphabetical order, that I had submitted for payment this Friday.

AboveTopSecret: Most definitely, the highest level of input readily available online. The posters are quite focused and make no time for small talk, as the posts seem intent on strong factual postings geared at proving insight to government corruption as well as evidence of paranormal activity, especially the UFO topics. Owner’s principles seem to be in touch with members of well-known activists in the field of conspiracy amidst rumors again that the site is a CIA funded operation, without proof of rumors.
Rating of influence, 9.5 stars.

Alien-Earth: This site very much is similar to a site known as Proxywhore in posting structure as both sites seem to be a mix of comical and serious postings. The posters once again, seem to enjoy generally having fun with each other. There is a lot of disregard for the GodLikeProductions site in this forum. Owner’s principles seem to be dedicated to the field of the supernatural and is apparently the former owner of the site referred to as the GLP. Rating of influence, 7 stars.

FreedomCrowsNest: Strong community focusing on sharing information on a variety of venues. The vast majority of posters seem sincere and respectful of other posters on the board. Owner’s principles were to offer a location for sincere posters to avoid negative mentality of another site referred to as GLP. Rating of influence, 7.5 stars.

GodLikeProductions: Very impressive levels of posters referred to as AC’s or Anonymous. Focus seems highly geared on emotion as many posts are responded to with taunt and attack like methods. Seems as though the mentality is to provide debunking posts to entice emotional responses from the poster base. Owner’s principles seem to lean toward the business side and rumors of his intentions are diverse based on possible spyware and other monitoring activities, which can not be proven. Overall, probably the most entertaining site I monitored. Rating of influence, 8.5 stars.

JuryRoll: Posters seem to be bonding like an online family and focus on array of venues from spiritualism to injustice across the board. Came across this site while witnessing a battle between the two site owners at the GodLikeProductions forum. These two owners are definitely enemies and was probably the most entertaining battle I witnessed online. Owner’s principles seem to be heavily aimed at the initiatives behind the movie V for Vendetta. Based on what I read about the owner alone, I submitted a 10 star on the rating of influence.

ProxyWhore: This site very much is similar to a site known as Alien-Earth in posting structure as both sites seem to be a mix of comical and serious postings. The posters enjoy numerous posts and seem to generally have fun with each other. Owner’s principles seem to be more relaxed and not apparent as to which venue of interest is the focus.
Rating of influence, 7 stars.

Rumormillnews: Serious posting forum aiming at up to date news on injustices within our community. Posters seem very dedicated to newsworthiness and making posts that will be recognized as a breaking report. Owner’s principles seem to be sincere to the causes of promoting a site focused on the injustices of our society. Rating of influence, 9.5 stars.

SurfingTheApocalypse: Sincere posting forum heavily focusing on the war in Iraq and other elements of community concern. Site offered a wide array of venues however from posts on the paranormal to posting on politics. Owner’s principles seem to be on emphasizing the chronicles of war based initiatives and other catastrophic idealisms. Rating of influence, 9.5 stars.

Unexplained-Mysteries: Posters have a broader mix of interest and although emphasis is highly focused on the paranormal, it definitely has some sincere postings in the field of conspiracy. Owner’s principles are focused more on the field of the paranormal, but does display a strong interest in the field of conspiracy theory. Rating of influence, 8 stars.

WhatReallyHappened: Another serious posting forum aiming at up to date news on injustices within our community. Posters seem very dedicated to newsworthiness and making posts that will be recognized as a breaking report. The main difference between this site and RumorMillNews is that posters must be recognized as strong participants. Owner’s principles seem to be sincere to the causes of promoting a site focused on exposing the lies we generally hear in the media. Rating of influence, 9.5 stars

The tenth site I came across of interest and influence was not a forum as per say, but was my tenth submission based on the initial elements I was asked to review. I reviewed the Alex Jones websites and found this site to be the most influencial of all sites I reviewed and based on the mentality of Mr. Jones, I rated him with a 10 star rating. As a general surfer, acting on finding sites of conspiracy interest, without being a conspiracy enthusiast, it was my judgment that both the owner of Juryroll and Alex Jones were too extreme with their disrespect towards both law and government. Both individuals will scare the average surfer with their extreme views, whether right or wrong.
In summary, I myself would feel most comfortable in environments like FreedomCrowsNest for their atmosphere and ProxyWhore for the comical side of posting. Unexplained-Mysteries would be most likely my personal source of information for it’s widespread views. My own personal opinions.

For the record, I am now being asked to now investigate forums specifically focused on the field of unidentified flying objects, this is to commence December 1st until the end of January, 2008. The elements I will be reviewing will be with regard to the specific mention of the O’Hare International Airport in Chicago, the level of investigative involvement from site owners and the overall influence rating I would provide as a newcomer to the materials posted influencing me to believe in the phenomenon of UFO activity.

Yes, I am paid well, and no I will not divulge the source of my income. I am merely making this post because I have been asked to do so by a member of the executive team from the company I am contracted under. Why I was asked to make a few posts regarding the analysis of the last two months, or to mention that I will be making a general investigative summary regarding UFO’s, I don’t know. I just accepted my compensation and fulfilled the request. Apparently, one or two of the site owners I have mentioned in this summary will recognize this report, and will know the company I am sub-contracted by, as one or two of them is apparently compensated by this company as well, if I am correct from my understanding. This post fulfills my request. Peace, out.

mod edit: removed all caps title

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette (review link)
4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Subcontract111207

You are silly.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

so do you agree or disagree with the OP?
I'm trying to understand your point SimiusDei.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Can you elaborate as to why you were asked to produce such a report, and to how this information may be used? Or is this just going to be a one shot deal?

[edit on 12-11-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by quintar

Agree with what? His opinion that ATS and the like is influential? Sure it is, the purpose of these discussion forums is to form opinions and influence others as dictated by such opinions.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by quintar

Oh, I'm sorry.

It should have read:

"You are silly.....

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
That was a very elaborate attempt at trolling. I, for one refuse to post a response. But if I was to respond, I would say:

So what?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Too bad you didn't link the forum names to the sites. Would have saved some time in looking at them. I saw were you posted the same thing elsewhere. You must enjoy being called a troll.

For the record, you don't contract out for anyone and then post your results in the fashion you did. But you knew this because your a paid pro.

I give his post 7.5 stars on the troll scale.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Awww c'mon e1. Doesn't my perpetual long windedness entitle me to a few 1 liners here and there? EDIT: This was meant to be a joke.

I would let you get away with it.

To be on topic, let me clarify my original thoughts.

There have been far too many posts along similar lines as this one that are complete and total bunk. I am all for giving someone the benefit of the doubt, however, when someone is actually going out of there way to be all super secret and such, it's usually a good sign of B.S.

Though, perhaps one of the 3 amigos has heard of this "survey and rating" and can inform us of who the responsible parties are. Though, I can't see why it is okay for the OP to tell us what he/she was paid to do but can't tell us who paid them to do it. Especially when they seem to have given every other possible bit of information away.

I honestly see absolutely no point in this thread, ESPECIALLY if it's true.

Jasn

[edit on 12-11-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I suppose it could be to alarm and scare away the average person. Make people feel paranoid so they will quit researching things along these lines. Of course the die hards will form and opinion and carry on, business as usual.

If the post does not appear on other forums then that with say loads about the credibility of the original post.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have seen the "Request For Bid" for this project in its early form and can attest to the authenticity of the initiative. However, I'm not certain as to the content of the original posting as it appears to be lacking in several areas and is most certainly not a submitted analysis nor summary thereof. In addition, the original RFB contained a more comprehensive list of domains than presented here.

The RFB was distributed by SCL, but the originating source is most certainly private.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i recently heard a rumor that this little piece was actually written by the owner of one of the sites listed in the article in order to get publicity for the site. i'm not sure if that's true or not as i have not researched it yet and have only heard it from one source. anybody else hear anything like that? or have any thoughts about it? i agree that this doesn't seem like much of an analysis really (not one completed by a professional at any rate). it does seem strange also that someone would be contracted to do a private analysis and then publish the results. i tend to believe my source and a few of the posters here....that this piece was written as a trolling device.

new topics

top topics

join