It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Infiltration?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
may I ask which section of ATS has this been occuring? (or is it right across the board)

I u2u'd an example.
I didn't want to cause drama or embarrase anyone but you can see the 'scientific' approach and the subsequent interaction with other members.

This is exactly the kind of thing that just puts people off posting with replies such as that.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
And how do you come by this information? Details are most needed. Please, do expound on this, and name names if you have them.

The naming of names would be a sticky business, now wouldn't it?

There are those who have found their way to positions for which they care not of their assigned duties, but must soldier on for sake of compensation. For people such as they, there is the constant struggle of what to say, when to say it, and what repercussions might come about.

Certainly, astute contributors of this fine site would be aware of organizations who accept contracts to disseminate confusion?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stcola_guy

Well then. Tell us how you perceive their goals, and to what ends these shadow soldiers might go? Forget the details of when and who, but speak of their strength, their field pieces, their supply routes, their tactical objectives.

"For God's sake man! This is war! we must know what we face!"

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stcola_guy

Fortunately,being someone with no desire for financial recompense, I have no problems saying what is on my mind 24/7

Lucrative careers have been abandoned because of my reluctance to comform to undesirable duties.

When it comes to keeping company with the guys that make up ATS I guard my privileges closely though.

I,for one,am sure I won't let it be brought down to a gutter level if I see something I don't like.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I,for one,am sure I won't let it be brought down to a gutter level if I see something I don't like.

NOW THAT makes sense!!!!

I get "stalked" if you will, around the board by a couple of individuals that are very disproving of my politics, I have learned to ignore them, and it was a long tough road full of advice from the MODS via U2U.... But I learned that there is no conspiracy against Semper, just some members that don't like him.. (Don't you hate it when people talk in the 3rd person?)

The point I am making is that many times what "we" may consider a conspiracy could very well be the mechanisms of our own mind and the heat of the moment...

Semper

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

OOeer !! I haven't been 'stalked' yet I don't think.
I try to keep out of politics too.
I just hate all politicians equally.

But very recently I answered a thread I know was inherently contraversial involving a religious theme and became very aware that it wasn't an opinion the OP wanted.
Instead opting to 'put words' in my mouth.
Fortunately the actual comments were there for everyone to see.
Needless to say I declined any further comment once I had figured out the game.

After due consideration I wondered if the OP was actually playing an opposite opinion role and deliberately trying to provoke more controversy so decided to look up past threads.
Lo and behold a practically duplicate thread was there for all to see with others in my 'mugs' position.

Very clever.. not!!

I simply observed that this has been happening quite a lot recently

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hello, this is jats2, formerly jats1.

I'm not sure, but I think I might have gotten kicked from this board, although I can't imagine why. I've only posted a few posts and some of them could definitely be characterized as asking a dumb question or two. But, I can't imagine being kicked for that, especially without the slightest warning or justification. I've never been kicked off of any board in my life.

If I take a wild guess, I suppose I might have ruffled a few feathers when I showed concern about ATS sending IP addresses to advertisers - link: www.abovetopsecret.com.... I never got a straight answer and suddenly, I can't login or recover my password.

This is my last attempt to resolve this. I even tried to send a regular message via the Contact page, but they page says to wait 48 hours. But, if you don't want new members that are only excited and trying to learn more, then that's fine with me. But, I haven't even gotten a mod warning.

I'll wait to see if my original user account gets reactivated or fixed or whatever and if no go, then I'll just find a less elitist site to go to.

But, I'll give ATS the benefit of the doubt for a little longer and see if there was just a mistake.

Good day,
jats

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
There are a lot of interesting topics on ATS, yet most are based on half truths - The reality is - this site is filled with too much disinformation, speculation, and downright BULLS**T. It's obvious there are disinformation agents in the forums that try to sway REAL topics through trolling, wild claims, or simply attacking the credibility of the poster. It's important to take everything you read in this site with a grain of salt. Remember - ATS is a business... sponsors first, truth second.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HyPhY666323

You really, REALLY need to look into ATS a little more before you make that kind of blanket judgment...

I've been here just a little longer than you and spend a lot of time here..

I've found...

1. Some really first rate intellects on ATS
2. News posted WAY before any mainstream news outlet
3. Informative and well thought out discussions on about any topic you can name

Now that is not to say that there are not a few that like to "dis" the site and some fellow posters, but they are FAR in the minority and usually just go away after a short time.

So, look into ATS, spend a little time here, then make up your mind; unless you are just here to "dis" the site as well.

Semper

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HyPhY666323

You have to remember it takes a little EFFORT to turn a half truth into fact.
Whether it is a PROVEN fact or a DISPROVEN fact.
I don't like it left half proven.

If a member has taken the time and effort to present a good case you will see a lot of the 'ATS veterans' happily start filling in the gaps and pretty soon you find yourself armed with 1000% more information to choose which way you lean on the topic in question.
That's what is so great here.
I don't know about you but I feel honoured being in the company of so many genuinely clever people.

Maybe try and keep away from 'questionable' topics like..

"My hamster is an alien shapeshifter" or
"I can turn invisible..but only when no-ones looking"

I have seen the 'subject experts' on site discuss/rediscuss topics with informed enthusiasm to educate new members who haven't realised topic discussions exist on numerous threads already.

Often if a new thread is started with a quest for information,you may very well find your answer in a past thread.
Hopefully,if you are further enlightened anout your topic,it will encourage a new question.One which may NOT have been discussed.
Believe me,I can feel when a thread it heading in 'undiscovered territory'.
It's a pleasure to read and gain new knowledge.

If it is a recent/current thread then a mod will redirect discussion to the relevant one.
This is a GOOD thing. I don't understand why people don't get that.
I know if I had spent a good few hours on a post in a current thread and it was necessary to repeat it in another one then I would feel one of them was redundant.

You will find it is NOT the intellectual approach to reply with...

"YAWN!!! already being discussed here(INSERT LINK),nothing to see here.. move along"

I find this totally demeaning to someone who may NOT have been aware of the search engine or has a new slant on a topic.

YES!! point it out,but for GAWD'S SAKE DO IT POLITELY!!
You may very well discourage a member with a lot more than YOU have just offered to contribute.

Being a 'conspiracy site' it is perfectly heathy to maintain a little paranoia.
Some people get overly paranoid when threads are moved.. and likewise I am starting to get overly paranoid about the people who are doing this now..detracting from the topics and instead make it about board maintenance/moderation.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

The goals are simple, control the flow of information through any tactic that yields the desired results. In this the "information age," the most important battle ground with regard to information is the Internet. The most effective tactic is disruption via a superfluity of outrageous material.

You face an international network of contract disinformation experts, organized and led by a Knighted hero of the Kingdom and an internationally acclaimed behavioural dynamics expert.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stcola_guy
reply to post by NGC2736

You face an international network of contract disinformation experts, organized and led by a Knighted hero of the Kingdom and an internationally acclaimed behavioural dynamics expert.

Bring it on is what I say.
I can smell a hoaxer or schemer a mile away.
Plagiarism of my own work was the reason I left my old career(gladly I may add) but they still didn't win.
Now that particular company has to find it's own way to solve the problems I used to.Nuff said..

I think that even bringing this to people's attention will help in the fight against disinfo/disruption.
The more people are armed with knowledge,the less disreputable companies or individuals can continue to hoax,lie and cheat their way to their goals.

It was mentioned that it is accepted in ATS because,at the end of the day, it has sponsors and business targets.
Fortunately ATS was started by a few guys with the best integrity in mind and has become a proud achievment for some..Without losing sight of it's original intentions.

The more I see people posting invalid information,the more it just make me want to prove it wrong.
Hey I have plenty of time on my hands to do that...
Also the benefits of not having an agenda based on profit.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by AGENT_T]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
UPDATE: Today still no reactivation of my account, much less a reply. And it is obvious that the mods read practically every post, including this one, so they know what's going on.

I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt so far, but as of yet, it appears that some over-zealous mod killed my account without the slightest warning and now that I haven't gone away quietly (still assuming just a mistake) they are dragging their feet to respond.

And, NO, I'm not going to continue using this newly created account name only to get it disabled again without warning sometime later. I'm not playing that game. I took the time to create the first account and that's the one I'm going to use or I'm outta here and I will definitely remember this experience.

Two days is more than enough time to fix this issue. I will continue to be patient until EOD.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jats2
I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt so far, but as of yet, it appears that some over-zealous mod killed my account without the slightest warning and now that I haven't gone away quietly (still assuming just a mistake) they are dragging their feet to respond.

Interesting post. How would you know this if you hadn't gotten a reply? Btw, I KNOW you got one so what's the beef?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Benefit Of The Doubt

Originally posted by jats2

I'm sorry it's taking so long to resolve this, but I'm just not seeing anything that suggests anyone on the staff did anything to your account.

From my end, I've requested that an admin investigate what's going on here.

In the meantime, this really isn't on-topic for this thread, so let's please focus on the issue of "ATS Infiltration" here, and save account issues for complaints/U2Us.

An admin should be contacting you shortly, though they tend to be very busy, so I hope you can bear with us in the meantime.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
1.) I said "appears", therefore I'm not making an asumption. Only looking at possibibilties.

2.) Are you are referring to the U2U message to post my issue in another forum? If you sent the message, thank you. But, here's the deal. I'm not trying to have a darn showdown with the mods/management to get heard. My SINGLE initial post in this thread should be sufficient to get a simple matter resolved AND I posted here because I think my account issue may be relavent to this topic. If someone can't fix this simply because they think I brought it up in the wrong forum "Sir, your papers are not in order", then I do not want to be here.

If my account was disabled by mistake then it could have been fixed in a jiffy. Admitidly, this is an assumption, but I'm getting impatient and would rather discuss other topics. This is too much work.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by jats2]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sometimes Majic is too nice.

reply to post by jats2

You really sound like you're trying to be an A-hole dude.

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jats2

By the simple fact that you have re-registered successfully,brought it to the attention of the mods and been allowed to stay suggests to me it is more like a fault from your side.

Either mistyped password/capslock or disabled cookies on your browser.

If there HAD been something suspicious in your account deletion your ip would have been noted and your second account also deleted.

Why not just stick with the one you have and put it down to a browser failure or something.?

You are just demonstrating my point of trying to make mods look bad by something i really doubt is their fault in the circumstances visible here.

Like Dr Love.
peace

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Sometimes Majic is too nice.

reply to post by jats2

You really sound like you're trying to be an A-hole dude.

Peace

I don't TRY anything... I just do it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Let's stay on topic, please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join