It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book of Inertia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Several years ago, I was exposed to a book that was encyclopedia in size and a couple inches thick. I never had the chance to physically examine the book. A comment was made while they were reading the book, about Peter being the christ.

I have no idea if the comment was inspired from the book, or if it was raised for another reason.

I have searched for this book with no success, and the individual was never seen again.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This book does indeed sound interresting. I have never heared claims about Peter being the Christ, but I am fully aware that many claim John the Baptist was the Messiah. The Mandaean believe this. Please tell if you find it. Is the book called Book of Inertia?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
To be honest I am not sure, it may not be, which would explain why I have been unable to find even a obscure reference to it, through my many searches. I asked the title and that is what I was told at the time. It was only in my presence for a evening and never out of the individuals hands.

It was a hard cover, with thin paper, and small print, but they would not let me actually spend time researching the contents. This book has been on my mind for 10 years now. I found this site a couple weaks ago, and I figure this is my best shot at solving this mystery without being able to track them down. I do know there name, but have not developed the skills to find them.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Or are jou just playing around here? Is the mysterious book in question simply the Bible, in which you have found proofs that Peter is the Messiah?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
No, I am not playing around.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Is it this book?

www.urantiabook.org...

Looks very interresting. Gonna look into it a little.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hamilton,
I do not know if that is the book, but I will definatly have to read that, for it very well may be.

Like I said, I was not granted the opportunity to review the book, other than to glance at it while it was being read, which gave me only a visual.

It is very possible that they mispoke the pronunciation, or I misheard the pronounciation, and mistook it for the word Inertia that I am familiar with.

I do appreciate your assistance in this, for it has been bothering me for some time. I do hope this is the book.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
palehorse, why bother? even if you find it its all just bunk...

Spend your time on more productive research than following a crank idea like that.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Netchicken,

My desire to find this has nothing to do with finding doctrine to support a belief. It is all about solving a mystery that has eluded me for 10 years. The content of the book may, or may not be, a interesting read. I try to read as much as I can on all of these subjects, know the sources, so I can identify and filter out what I identify as false. Productive research will not be compramised by this diversion of mine.

I do appreciate your interest and suggestion.

I really have found this website most interesting, for I have sought a place like this, somehow it never exposed itself through any search of mine on any applicable subject. I am glad I found it, and expect to be around for quite some time.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Actually I was going to delete my post. I think that even though I may have been right, there was nothing wrong with you asking about a book that has intrigued you.

Sorry if it caused you any offence. Read on!!

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
No offence was taken.

I just took a brief look at the content of the book, and did a google search on the title, and from what I see in context, it appears that your (Netchicken) view point has speculative merit.

I do believe that this is probaly the book they had, and that will satisfy my search.

I will give it a little more of a read, to see what the books agenda is. Perhaps there is something interesting in there, it might tell me about the person who had the book and a couple people I met through them (That was a odd introduction that never made sense)

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Please post a note here on ATS if you get something out of the book. Looks like a really big book. Gonna look a little into it myself too. Never heared of this one before.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
"Presented by a Divine Counselor, a member of a group of celestial personalities assigned by the Ancients of Days on Uversa, the headquarters of the seventh superuniverse, to supervise those portions of this forthcoming revelation which have to do with affairs beyond the borders of the local universe of Nebadon."

What is this book? Something very "new age" it seems.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that this is exactly what book they had. I have read only a scattered portion, and will read on as my attention will allow in bits and pieces. When I come to some understanding in where it is going I will post a review. It is so far interesting from a fiction point of view, the same way the bible is, if you do not accept the claims it has to offer.

I thank you for this info, just to get that unfinished search out of my head, I can not tell you how many people I have raised this question to, and there was never a hint of knowing what I was talking about.

I do not know how you found this so fast, after seeming to question my question, but I am glad you did.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I did like one search in Google and there it was. Guess you'll have to brush up on how you plot your queries

Please tell us what the book is about when you have finished it. Maybe I'll give it a try myself. Is it like an old book or something of more recent date? Do you have an idea?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Who were these people toting around this book? I'm just curious to know why they had it. Was this a chance meeting or were they prosletizing (sp?)?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It was a women I new from a friend of mine, I was hanging out with her, I was researching something (can't remember what), she was reading that book, then out of the blue asked me a question like the one I stated, and a couple others later in the evening that I do not recall, but the one I specifically remember, for it was odd.

I was then introduced to a couple of other people where she was going to stay, and though the book was not referenced, other odd circumstances occured as if I was being recruited to something that was not explained. I was trying to pay attention to numerous things happening simultaneously, and unfortunatly missed what I was looking for.

I was offered by these people I never met to edit a publication that was not mentioned whether it was something to be started (my perception) or something that existed. The next evening when I encountered them again the offer was retracted, stating the interested party was no longer interested.

This series of events was always bizarre, and indicated to me that something was definatly not what was being portrayed. I never saw any of this group again, and never was able to decipher there agenda. This was in Las Vegas 1993

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
double post

[Edited on 2/6/2004 by palehorse]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Quote from the text:

"187:6.3 Thus ended a day of tragedy and sorrow for a vast universe whose myriads of intelligences had shuddered at the shocking spectacle of the crucifixion of the human incarnation of their beloved Sovereign; they were stunned by this exhibition of mortal callousness and human perversity."

The more I read, the more I say to myself that this is good work. It looks like the product of serious research into customs and secular sources, knowledge of the beforetime and aftertime etc. This looks genuine, but I can't say for sure until I have read through it ofcourse. Looks very promising.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Looks very promising.

Promising in what regard?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join