It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel - The Universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thanks for this find. It is good to be reminded that we have some resources on TV that are worthwhile.

I'll mark some of these to record.

Good job. And a flag and a star for others to see, so more folks can watch these great types of shows. It helps deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I've seen these on the HC. They are very good. There is one more called "Beyond the Big Bang" which was the 2 hr. finally. That is the best one.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Is it legal to burn these on a DVD? Because if it was, I would do it.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the links. I've watched a few of them and they are really interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

I would think that as long as you weren't selling them, or charging people to watch them, you would be perfectly legal. Besides, it's your equipment, so who can say what you do with it in your own home.

Oops! I forgot. We're in the land of "everything is wrong".

[edit on 12-11-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yes these were all good - DVR'd 'em and finally caught up on them on a sick day from work...

None of the science was particularly new to me - as I keep up on all that - but the history of some of it was quite fascinating...

Should be a must view for all people - I mean this is essential knowledge imho...

Scary how few co-workers I know who can even begin to talk intelligently on any of the topics covered within these...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just watched "Most Dangerous places in the Universe"

I never knew we were going to collide with a different galaxy! (Andromeda)

Thanks for the videos. Flagged and starred.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Though i've seen them all numerous times(history channel repeats these alot), well maybe not all of them, it's nice to have them all consolidated like this to make them easy to find, for when nothing but junk is on the tele.

Star for you!

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the Universe series. It is kind of frustrating when you watch it though. What frustrates me is how the scientists are all convinced that they know exactly what is going on out there. Only, they are always changing their mind on things. What was correct 20 years ago is not correct today.... (Pluto being a planet, expanding universe.....etc.)

I just accept that in 20 years we will have an entirely different view on what is going on out there. Still, great stuff. I would really like to watch Carl Sagan's the Cosmos again. I haven't seen it since I was a child.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I've seen the entire series and loved it. Has anyone seen "Beyond top Secret-Iran" on the Histor channel? I started a thread on it, a very great show, but they're not replaying it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyzera
Found this on Stage6 on divx.com. Documentries by History Channel on the universe.

very cool so far, i just finished watching the 2nd episode; thx for sharing...

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I would really like to watch Carl Sagan's the Cosmos again. I haven't seen it since I was a child.

you can see 9 parts of this series here; it's missing the first few episodes:

Cosmos

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I've seen most of the episodes, it's one of the few shows I like to watch on tv.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

thanks for the links.I LOVE these type of shows.I'll watch em when I get off work later tonight

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thanks Hyzera, flag for you.

I just love Space Exploration!

I've seen most of these before but now I can watch them anytime I want and will probably notice things I forgot about or missed the first time around. Thanks Again.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

thanks hyzera for clueing us in to these educational films from history channel about the universe .i know they've got to be important since now since watching them i'm being attacked /slowed down/unresponded to by microsoft or their imitators-----seems like everytime i displease them i get this flak from them.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthMagnet

scary how few co-workers can talk intelligently about the universe and creation ? they live in a dream world of living forever and never going to die------reality of death and rejection of G-D just overloads their minds--------lets the party till we drop ?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

sorry-----meant to say----thought i typed----let the party continue till we drop----got to give this a break---eyes cant focus properly !

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by yahn goodey

sorry-----meant to say----thought i typed----let the party continue till we drop----got to give this a break---eyes cant focus properly !

This is where the "edit" button comes in

Nice to know people enjoying the videos, I'm going to watch all of them as soon as I finish this slab of work i have here..

Edit- Aww it seems that DivX is down atm for a maitenance. Oh wells

Edit2- DivX is back up!
[edit on 11/13/2007 by Hyzera]

[edit on 11/13/2007 by Hyzera]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Good post.

I also have this entire series on my stage6 profile.

Blayde's Stage 6 Stuff

And I have it on very good authority that they are working on a second series as we speak.

You can also catch the BBC Space series on my profile (the one with Sam Neill which has some awesome cgi stuff....which is just as good as The Universe series imho, if not a little bit older regarding facts).

I also have the entire Cosmos series (Carl Sagan) and a few miscellaneous docs regarding neutron stars, and some other bits and bobs all of which I will be uploading at a later date (v.soon hopefully).

Feel free to check it out, or not....stage6 is an awesome AWEsome site.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join