It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knight's Templar And the Freemasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hi,

I don't know much about them other than: "knight's templar helped Christian pilgrims get to the holy land" - i think "and that the organisation stopped in 1312".

"Freemason, all i really know is that they're builders who thought and moved through the land freely"

Could someone please help me uncover some information

Thankyou,

Stwilz

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Stwiltz]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
What kind of Information are you looking for?

First let me correct a couple things. This information is from my own research
and is based on evidence and MY beliefs and opinions.

There is no evidence that the KT ever " guarded pilgrims on the roads". While
this was one of their published charges there is nothing extant to show they
actually did it. It is possible that this function was over shadowed by their other
activities. They were after all if not the one of the best trained, most well equiped fighting forces of their time.

The KT did not "stop being" in 1312. In Spain they were found innocent and changed their name to The Knights of Christ. It was under the flag of The Knights of Christ that Columbus sailed. In Portugal they assimilated into other
orders. In Germany they presented themselves before the tribunal fully armed
and challenged the court to trial by combat. They were declared innocent of all charges.

In Scotland as I recall the order was never read and had no meaning because the King( Robert Bruce) and the entire country had been excommunicated, and were at war with England (Edward II).

There is evidence the KT in fact never ceased to exist.

There is some evidence that The Masonic Order evolved from surviving
KT orders or groups. However there is , at least so far, no irrefutable proof
for this belief.

John Robinson contends that there is also no evidence for the order springing from the stone cutters guilds because there were no " masons guilds". In fact most of the edifaces that the " Masons are credited with building would have required generations of builders to complete.

There is however a possible, I would say even probable connection between
operative Masons and a powerful secret society. That is the connection between the Knights Templar and their Mason brothers. There were many
Templars ( i think the ratio was something like 8:1 or higher) that were not
Knights but support personell, armorers,clothiers, tradesmen,clerks and clergy, etc.. To the church, and more critically to Phillippe these were all "Templars".

I believe that it is quite possible that the "mason guilds " that gave birth to
The Masonic Order were the Templar Masonic Guilds. There would have been a " guild " at nearly every Templar preceptory in the known world.
what a base to start from. It would also show a basis for the "old Charges"
and for the dedication to protect and care for a brothers family, as the families of known brothers were as subject to arrest and inquisition as were
the brothers.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by runningbeer

I may be ingorant here, but are you trying to say that the KT, KofC, and the Freemasons are all inter-connected some how?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
reply to post by runningbeer

I may be ingorant here, but are you trying to say that the KT, KofC, and the Freemasons are all inter-connected some how?

The History of The KoC is pretty well established. It is well known and researched who the founder was and why.

The foundations of the KT and Masons are a bit more in question. There just are no records available from the beginnings of these orders. Yet.

In short there are more questions than Definitive answers.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Dude- there is so much info on the Templars on the web all you need to do is a google search and you'll be there for hours.

What exactly is your main point of interest?

Cory

new topics

top topics

join