It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How CIA infiltrates Companies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In the book "Inside CIA's Private World' - a collection of declassified articles from the CIA's own archive one document deals pertinently with how CIA infiltrates companies...

ISBN 0-300-07264-3

Chapter 6. Techniques of Domestic Intelligence Collection

Page 53

In approaching a new company or institution, the contact officer always goes to the top man, to the president, the chairman of the board, or whoever determines broad policy for the company. Once cooperation is obtained at the highest level, it is assured at all subordinate levels. The president will not ordinarily have the information intelligence is seeking, but he will designate the official in the company who does have it and who will be the future contact. If a subordinate is contacted first, experience has shown, an embarrasing situation can arise when the president inquires why his company is being "penetrated" by the U.S. Government

The First Interview

Since the contact officer's objective is to convert the prospect into a continuing and cooperative Source, he must take especial care to make the best initial impression. Temperaments and social customs vary in different parts of the country, and the officer must comport himself according to the Source's taste....

and it continues

Conversely, the Source is requested to treat the contact as classified and not to reveal to anyone the purpose of the visit. It is pointed out that the need for security is mutual. Further, since this confidential contact may be followed by other visits in which classified requirements may be used, biographic information on the Source for security assessment is requested. Ordinarily, if the contact officer has laid the proper basis for a continuing contact with the Source, whether to the top executive or one of his subordinates, he has no difficulty in securing biographic data.

Its just amazing folks what one can learn when you do a little research!!
I would suggest everyone try to get a copy of this book and study it - it is really educational!!

Goto www.usedbookcentral.com... and or www.alibris.com to order your own copy...

Oops I think I am pretty sure this topic is in the wrong area of ATS - where would I put this??

[edit on 12-11-2007 by TurboDelphi77]

-------------------------

Added 'ex' tags for external material

Please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/11/07 by masqua]

new topics

join