It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Masons Evil?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stompk

I used to be a member of B.O.T.A. They are nothing more than a mystical group started by Paul Foster Case. They have courses on the study of Tarot, Kabbalah, and Alchemey. The ritual they preform is a healing ritual. The idea of secrecy is to protect it members.

Regards,
Trustnobody

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

My lodge is listed in the local phone book. How much more 'above ground' does one have to be.

Maybe we should take out a Yellow Pages add in the World Domination section.

So what is your point? Are you trying to make a point on the location of a building, or what go's inside it? unless the building is made out of nice transparent walls I don't see your point.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

More to the point, what was your point?

You stated the Masonry is 'underground', the implication is that the group as a whole operates below the radar so to speak.

My flippant comment pointed out the obsurdity of your supposition. How can a organization that is supposedly plotting the Machiavelian take over of the world have the temerity to list itself in the phone directory? Hiding in plain sight? Either way, it is in plain sight.

If you are so concerned or curious as to what actually takes place in a Masonic temple, join. I would wager that after you did you would be bored to tears when finding that we are not hiding the Templars gold or working with the Tri-Lateral Comission in their despicable plan to help the Reptilian Overlords enslave the human chattal on this worthless sphere.

Ahhhh.....what is that you say? Neither one of us is a 33rd degree Master Mason? Hmmm....maybe if you had the perseverence and merit you might one day make it that far. But by then your concerns of all this conspiracy theory nonesense might actually be replaced by a selfless desire to aid and assist your fellow man. Sound like something you want to do?

[edit on 12-11-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stompk

I have been a Freemason for many years and was taught that we were not a secret society, but a society with secrets. In my experience I have never got an inkling that our society was involved in other than benevolent acts outside of our meetings, which are ceremonail only. Of course those meetings also establish governance and management of the Lodge and proper meeting rules apply. What some people appear to miss is that Masonry is not Christian, neither is it any other religion. To be a Freemason requires candidates to hold a belief in a higher being, so in a predominantly Christian area, the Holy Bible is the sacred law. My own lodge had a Muslim who saw no problems with the Bible as it 'represents' ones own higher being, not allegiance to the higher being the Bible represents.
My constitution supports a number of retirement centres, most with respite care facilities, scholarships, community support for young people, charitable donations for any worthy cause, labour and many other forms of community assistance. Are we evil...only perhaps someone who was rejected would suggest that!

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

My flippant comment pointed out the obsurdity of your supposition. How can a organization that is supposedly plotting the Machiavelian take over of the world have the temerity to list itself in the phone directory? Hiding in plain sight? Either way, it is in plain sight.

Hitler was public, stalin was public but only when they wanted to seem to others like a "dear loved leader" what they ploted before geting control was done behind closed dors.
You make it seem there is no evil in this world, can I ask you to provide me with one big evil organisation? I am just curios, if you can't find any
then there is a big problem, because there is alot of evil in this world, and important people do talk behind closed dors.
I just want you to name one, can you do that?

If you are so concerned or curious as to what actually takes place in a Masonic temple, join. I would wager that after you did you would be bored to tears when finding that we are not hiding the Templars gold or working with the Tri-Lateral Comission in their despicable plan to help the Reptilian Overlords enslave the human chattal on this worthless sphere.

I can't join an ideology that I can not support, regarding the templars because you did bring them up you have a order dedicated to them, nice lodge you have there with a cofin and a sinister looking altar next to it, and it's there where felow masons like you hold nice interactive activities, some of you say it's just for fun, I could not see the amusment of a cofin with a sinister looking altar near it.

Ahhhh.....what is that you say? Neither one of us is a 33rd degree Master Mason? Hmmm....maybe if you had the perseverence and merit you might one day make it that far. But by then your concerns of all this conspiracy theory nonesense might actually be replaced by a selfless desire to aid and assist your fellow man. Sound like something you want to do?

I did not say that, but I did say few make it there, you are quoting me wrong, either you are doing this in a well programmed way or by mistake, and who told you we should take your word for it....we are on a conspiracy forum

[edit on 12-11-2007 by pepsi78]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The Masons are the only reason you're eating, breathing, sleeping, working, in this country and you probably owe your very existence to the fraternity. Without Freemasonry, there'd be no United States of America. Look at all the literature and legislation of early America, and tell me if they sound like an evil bunch.

Get real.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My Grampa was a real mason. They call them bricklayers.

Mason's are evil. The more you try to convince me, the more evil they sound.

Grown men parading around in aprons, with secret little handshakes.

Little boys.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stompk

Stomp. Pull the chute and drift back into reality. We're all waiting down there with open arms. I promise..

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i happened across this documentary the other day and found it interesting, albeit i don't know quite what to make of it:

Shadows in motion - Exposing the New World Order
video.google.com...

it's almost an hour long and shows how the masons came to be and how they're 'evil'...

i don't know a lot about freemasonry, i'm just posting this video so you all can see it and go from there...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Although I am not a mason it is my opinion that the Masons in general are a well to do fraternal society with secrets and not a secret society. I forgot his user name but the gentleman that implied WW2 was their reason for their secrecy in their rituals and rites is only true to a certain extent. This is a subject that has facinated me for a long while and I have done much research on it. No one (not even a mason of the highest degree) can tell you the history of the Free Masons with 100% accuracy and certainty. I will tell you what "I" know. The Free Masons claim to be ancient builders of king solomons temple in Jeruselm. They even claim to go back as far as Enoch the son of Jared (decendants of Noah). And to have built the Pyramids in Egypt, the tower of Babel, as well as the great Cathedrals in Europe. Out of respect for the Masons I will not divulge their rituals, which for the most part mearly portray basic moral principals and depict their version of the builing of King Solomons Temple to God. Which is altered in order to convey said morals. If you guys want to get angry about that part I won't argue. In the Masons writting they claim to be the keepers of the ineffable name of God, and this is the perposed reason for all the secrecy. As for the order that they have evolved into, it centers around a guild of Free Masons from Italy somewhere about the middle ages. They r called Free because they belong to the masons guild and r not slaves or endentured servants. These guilds are akin to modern day unions ie. Electricians, laborers, carpenters, and brick workers. They traveled Europe in search of work in this feild stone masonry and did errect the cathedrals and monastaries of europe. They conveyed their level of experiance with secret grips, signs, and passwords in order that a non mason or mason of lesser skill didn't gain access to their work. For 100's maybee even 1,000's of years if the Masons r telling the truth they have kept wanna be's (I'm at a loss for the proper tems) out of therir ranks in just this way until europe developed a middle class. At which point Europes elite and merchant classes noticed the prominance that being a Free Mason carried and they wanted in. After some presure the Free Masons allowed them to join under the title of Speculative or Accepted Masons as they were not Masons by craft, They retained that destinction for themselves as Operative Masons. In the years that followed Grand Loges were formed and Charters were drawn up in which alot of the original rituals and practices were altered. The Illuminati. Where do I start? Ok, short and sweet, a student of the Catholic Jesuit Preisthood named Adam Weishaupt founder of the Bavarian Illuminati (the word illuminati comes from the Spanish "Alumbrados Gnostic Christian Sect" or Alumbrados -enlightened ones). I say Bavarian because the Illuminati are older than that, they come from the muslim Ismaili sect that had close ties to the Knights Templar. I think that's odd myself. In any event Weishaupt did join the Masonic Order's Lodge Theodore of Good Counsel in Munich after he started the Illuminati in Bavaria. Further more the Hanoverian Baron (and Mason of the Order of Strict Observance) Adolph Franz Freidrich Ludwig von Knigge joined the Illuminati was renamed "Philo," by in Illuminati fashion and introduced it into the advanced degrees of Masonry at the Masonic Convention of Wilhelmsbad in Hesse, which took place on July 16, 1782 and was attended by prominant Masons from all over Europe. And it was suposed to spread like a pyramid scheam does, (no pun intended) wheather or not they succeded after the Bavarian authorities figured them out I'm not sure but it's record all u have to do is look it up. Now the true reason why Masons are regarded with suspicion in the US is due to a little scandal with an x Mason that was going to publish the rituals, penal, signs and grips because he didn't want to be a Mason anymore and he didn't want anyone else to

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Hitler was public, stalin was public but only when they wanted to seem to others like a "dear loved leader" what they ploted before geting control was done behind closed dors.

I take it you have never read the first three pages of Mein Kamf? It is a book(you know those things with words in them) written by Adolph Hitler. In it he outlined his plans in the event of his rise to power.....then he went and published it, not so secret.

You make it seem there is no evil in this world,

You might have infered that but it was not implied. There is plenty of evil and tons of ignorance to go with it.

can I ask you to provide me with one big evil organisation?
I am just curios, if you can't find any
then there is a big problem, because there is alot of evil in this world, and important people do talk behind closed dors.
I just want you to name one, can you do that?

S.P.E.C.T.R.E., now there is a truly evil orginization.

I can't join an ideology that I can not support, regarding the templars because you did bring them up you have a order dedicated to them, nice lodge you have there with a cofin and a sinister looking altar next to it, and it's there where felow masons like you hold nice interactive activities, some of you say it's just for fun, I could not see the amusment of a cofin with a sinister looking altar near it.

Interactive activities? And some say that we do evil there next to the spoooooooky coffin.

I did not say that, but I did say few make it there, you are quoting me wrong, either you are doing this in a well programmed way or by mistake, and who told you we should take your word for it....we are on a conspiracy forum

No, I was not misquoting you. Only anticpating the typical tact that fear mongers usually take. The, ''How can you know, you're not even a 33rd degree mason!'' nonsense. No one told you to take my word for it. As a matter of fact I actually said join and take your own word for it, but I know, supposedly there is a scary coffin and a sinster altar there.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I think the main problem here is that Masons have secrets. People are nosy, and are generally uncomfortable when they are not allowed to know certain things-- the comments on this thread regarding the windowless buildings and such show this.

Organizations have their secrets. For the Masons or any other group to allow nonmembers to observe their rituals, it takes something away from the members who have committed so much to join. Within in organization like that, you earn certain privileges and certain knowledge the higher up you go (I think... I don't know this for sure). It's unfair to give that information away to people who just can't stand to not know things.

My law fraternity's main concerns were toga parties and riding drunk in St. Pat's parades, but we still have a secret handshake. It was a really big deal for us to be initiated and learn that secret handshake, too. I am not going to show the secret handshake to a nonmember, even though it is the dumbest handshake ever. It's just that the handshake is part of my fraternity's rituals, and I think some things should be sacred. I share a bond with everyone else in that frat. If you want to learn the stupid handshake, go to law school and join the fraternity. Same philosophy applies to masonry... You want to know what goes on in the windowless room? Join the club.

I also checked out that Abracadabra link that was posted earlier... big deal. I really didn't see much wrong with all of that. Maybe I missed the parts about the evil magic rituals and human sacrifices that are part of the plan for global domination. Or maybe they're not there.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by TheHypnoToad]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
join either. I can't recall exactly why he felt this way but basicaly he was a member for many years and felt that there was no more a reason to be a Mason than to go to church. He said that it taught the same morals and there was no reason for the organization to exist in this day and age. Well when he did so he was arrested for a debt of $2. and imprisoned over night. When he stood his ground on the book he and his publisher were kidnapped. The neighbors were able to save the publisher but not the x Mason (whos name is Capt. William Morgan by the way) who was never seen or heard from again. Now before this had happened most people thought highly of the Free Masons. After all President Washington was a Mason as was Ben Franklin and countless others. Hell most people had family members that were Masons. But after the kidnapping some Masons stood trial for the disapearance and were aquited. This sparked the formation of America's first 3rd partty called "The Anti-Masonic Party." Within a matter of years rumors and suspicion tore apart the ranks of Mason all across the country. Membership was so bad in many places that it went absent from some states for many years. Masons were essentialy chased for the churches under supicions much like the KLnights Templar were. Their childeren treated poorly by teachers even to the point that some teachers refused to teach them. This attitude over a multitude of years compounded into today's fear of the Masons. Other cases like the consperacy inside the Propaganda Masonica Due Lodge in Italy in 1981 didn't help their cause much at all.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stompk

What's the matter? everybody wants answrs and when I give them nobody has anything to say.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Yes, we are Evil and We do want to rule the World. We are going to start by Showing up to your neighborhood first.

Your next question, Please!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Are most Masons evil? No, absolutely not. My grandfather was a Mason, and he was the kindest man I will ever know.

Are most Masons ignorant of the deeply rooted pagan aspects of Masonry? Are most Masons ignorant of mysteries and esotericism that surrounds Masonry? I'd venture a guess and say yes. This mystery and esotericism doesn't make them evil. There's nothing wrong with the various mysteries of Kabbalism and the like as much as there's nothing wrong with Christianity and Judaism. You can't blame an entire group of men for the supposed actions of tiny, splinter sect of men from the same group (IE - the 32nd/33rd degree masons).

With all that said, I don't see the appeal behind Freemasonry. I give to charities every year, and I don't need silly costumes and secret handshakes to do it. To each their own, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
If there is anybody really interested in well researched and thorough Masonic history, I would recommend Henry Coil's several books. He was a 33rd degree Mason, so I'm sure this will disqualify him in some of your eyes. So be it.

Anyway, be careful when reading Mackey and Pike and such. There was much contention and lack of scholarly research thorough out much of the 19th century concerning Masonic history. Mackey recanted some of his own early writings about Masonry before his death. And my own personal opinion of Pike was that he was overly convinced of his own work. He is well known for reworking the Scottish Rite degrees, which by the way were never actually practiced in Scotland but were a variation of the Chivalric degrees that developed in France. There is no historic record of them ever being practiced in Scotland.

As a little aside, many of the degrees that were practiced in France and Germany during the 19th century were never main stream or ever recognized by the Grand Lodge of England or ever practiced here in America, some would call them "irregular". Europe during the beginning and middle part of the 19th century were "degree mills".

See, boys and girls, Masonic history can be fun!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Can't have a huge barrel of apples without some rotten ones....

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Provocation

In a good world the bad guys have to stay in secret.

In a bad world the good guys have to stay in secret.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Bah, what a nice thred, they don't even know, because most of them don't go on above the 3rd level, but yes, masonary is part of the global agenda.

Riiiight, but you now this because your....

....what?

Smarter?

More open minded?

How do you want to label your superiority to all those members of the Masons who are somehow completely in the dark abou their "'bosses" you haven't proven existed?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join