It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Masons Evil?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

It is fairly common in my jurisdiction for the candidate, once initiated, to receive his Fellowcraft and Master Mason degrees in consecutive months.

Here as well. Providing that the candidate becomes proficient in his studies, there is a minimum 4 week waiting period between degrees in my jurisdiction, which means the Blue Lodge degrees can be completed in two months time.

Some jurisdictions in the USA allow one day classes, where all three degrees are conferred in the same day. I oppose this practice because, when the candidates leave the class, they are Master Masons in name only, without having mastered the work and shown their proficiency.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Evil can be found in everything, I would say that a majority of Masons are not evil, however, as they are a secret society, we can only speculate on what really goes on at the very top. I will tell you this, regardless of all the good deeds that appear to be done, there are still more to do, but I'm not saying they should do it or anything like that, what i am trying to say is, sometimes, a whore looks really good, you do the dirty with her, and maybe the next day, maybe week, or month, you start to notice "adverse" reactions from said whore..... are some masons whores? I dunno, you be the judge on that....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I should've said, "to start receiving the degrees". I received mine in under a year, but I also went through when my Lodge was usually dark. I also was a quick study.

We moved one guy through pretty quickly as he was leaving for Law school and didn't want to be conferred by anyone other than us.

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It depends on the candidate and how many we have waiting for there degrees. Usually the next meeting after our stated is an EA, but the other two nights are up in the air for either FC or MM.

reply to post by clever024

Secrecy (really just privacy) =/= evil.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hello all,

Just a little up date.....

Well I Finally filled out an application and looks like maybe perhaps soon, if accepted I'll be able and ready for initiation.

It's a little tricky for me tho because I live in Mexico and want to join a US lodge. California has some rules about residency. But as they say everything in life is a challenge and everything is possible. It might be a lil bit.

I also have been doing some reading on Mexican Masonic history......*Facepalm*

Only in Mexico.

I have been devouring anything Exoteric with regards to Freemasonry. The online MasonicDictionary has been a very interesting read. There are just so many levels to masonry, it's so cool! I get so exited when I catch a whiff of some deeper meaning that I have referred to as "a fuzzy feeling in my head". I know how profane of me.

I have some more question if you guys would be able to answer.

I came across the subject of taking the ritual in "long form" upon my request. I have not been able to find any further information about this. I am just wondering if it has anything to do with ancient and modern masonry?

I understand that in America it is the ancient masonry and just did not want to accidentally ask for modern by requesting the long form.

Would it be impolite to ask to preform the long form of an initiation ritual?

I'm just wondering what it's about.

Thanks.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
So, what is your opinion about this site?
www.bota.org

A more pertinent question is: what is the relevance you see in bringing up BOTA to relation to Freemasonry?

The front page of that site describes BOTA as a mystery school, and as far as I can tell makes no claims about any relationship with Freemasonry.

Freemasonry is not a mystery school, and never has been. Furthermore, the biggest secret they have is that there are no secrets. Anything you want to know is available on the public record. Maybe everything is not on the internet, and maybe it isn't in your local lending library, but it is out there.

Your premise is silly.

[edit on 29/10/2009 by rnaa]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

A more pertinent question is: what is the relevance you see in bringing up BOTA to relation to Freemasonry?

The front page of that site describes BOTA as a mystery school, and as far as I can tell makes no claims about any relationship with Freemasonry.

It's founder, Dr. Paul Foster Case, was a Freemason. It was founded as the successor of the Alpha et Omega branch of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, which in turn was heavily influenced by the Masonic Rosicrucian Society of England. So while technically there is no actual relationship between the two fraternities, they do share many commonalities and a historical link among membership.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

It's founder, Dr. Paul Foster Case, was a Freemason. It was founded as the successor of the Alpha et Omega branch of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, which in turn was heavily influenced by the Masonic Rosicrucian Society of England. So while technically there is no actual relationship between the two fraternities, they do share many commonalities and a historical link among membership.

Again, what does that have to do with Freemasonry?

There might be members that are from Sigma Chi or the US Lawn Bowling Association. That doesn't make them related organizations.

Just because an organization claims to 'borrow' principles from Freemasonry doesn't make them Masonic. Just because Baseball uses a bat and ball and a period of play called an innings, doesn't mean it is descended from Cricket, it isn't.

The OP brought it up in the context of asking about the evilness or non-evilness of the Masons. How would commenting on BOTA, an organization that doesn't have anything to do with Freemasonry (at least 'Regular' Freemasonry) shed any light on that?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The OP brought it up in the context of asking about the evilness or non-evilness of the Masons. How would commenting on BOTA, an organization that doesn't have anything to do with Freemasonry (at least 'Regular' Freemasonry) shed any light on that?

As mentioned, BOTA has historical ties to British Freemasonry through the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, which was founded by members of the Masonic Rosicrucian Society of England, some of whom were officers in the United Grand Lodge of England.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It is fairly common in my jurisdiction for the candidate, once initiated, to receive his Fellowcraft and Master Mason degrees in consecutive months. This is all contingent on the lodge not closing for the summer and the candidate not opting to miss a degree and being held for the next class due to personal, career or family issues.

I hear that a lot about American freemasonry. In my country there is normally about a year between the degrees, so it takes you about three years to become a master mason. If you want to do any of the side degrees, you'll have to wait about a year after you become a master. I am talking about the Netherlands.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by komodo_nl

It is fairly common in my jurisdiction for the candidate, once initiated, to receive his Fellowcraft and Master Mason degrees in consecutive months. This is all contingent on the lodge not closing for the summer and the candidate not opting to miss a degree and being held for the next class due to personal, career or family issues.

I hear that a lot about American freemasonry. In my country there is normally about a year between the degrees, so it takes you about three years to become a master mason. If you want to do any of the side degrees, you'll have to wait about a year after you become a master. I am talking about the Netherlands.

As an American mason I can honestly say your system might be preferable......I feel we have made the degrees less meaningful, and less important by rushing them. Much of American masonry has become simply a charitable organization, with less emphesis on the lessons which should still be at it's heart. Ultimately you still only get out of it what you put into it. And a degree is no great feat in it's own right, rather the actual lifetime of trying to live up to those "templates" is the real goal.
Otherwise your just a guy walking around with a bunch of meaningless dues cards in your wallet.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Freemasons are not evil. That is a myth, most simply do not understand them.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It depends on ones perspective.

There is always good and bad.

Everyone thinks their side is good.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IntoUFOs

So there is a bad side to charity?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I saw a movie that a guy made. He took all the videos from Youtube and made it into a movie about dis same stuff. And after wut i saw, Masons need to be destroyed some how but without them the government wont be rich. And bet yall did not know dis THE GOVERNMENT IS WITH DIS GROUP AS WELL

link   
I saw a movie that a guy made. He took all the videos from Youtube and made it into a movie about dis same stuff. And after wut i saw, Masons need to be destroyed some how but without them the government wont be rich. And bet yall did not know dis THE GOVERNMENT IS WITH DIS GROUP AS WELL

link   

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Youtube is a font of ignorance my friend, you'd be better off reading the thread on ATS and interacting with the fellows here who actually are Masons.
And for what it's worth, I don't know of any Masons who are particularly wealthy, directly.

Also, there are a number of Masonry threads currently active, why'd you bump this one?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
And for what it's worth, I don't know of any Masons who are particularly wealthy...

If you ever make it up to Jersey you can help me wash the Lamborghini.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TRex214

No offense, but most of those videos are full of # and its "this" not "dis".

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't believe masons are evil. My grandpa and uncles are masons. When my grandpa died a lot of Mason came to the funeral dressed in full masonic gear. It looked mad cool the way they were dressing. Anyways maybe the higher up masons that you don't hear about are "evil", but my grandpa and uncle are mad cool people and they've been masons forever.....I wouldn't mind following my grandpa's or uncles footprints and become a mason. I should be able to get in no problem since i'm closely related to 3 masons. My grandpa has already showed me and let me "read" my grandpas mason "bible" or w/e they keep all the guide lines and code or w/e book. i put "read" in quotations because a lot of it was coded and a secret language and if you don't have the key you obviously cant read it. My other uncle hows not a mason was able to read some( extremly little) of it. I'm gonna ask my grandma for it or at least hold it and maybe ill take some pictures of it and post it here. She should let me see it again she/ masons probably know i wont be able to read it so theres no point in taking it back or w/e. They probably figure if you can read your already a mason. My point is masons are cool people. My grandpa and uncle were some of the toughest guys I know both veterans and officers. If you guys really think masons are so evil then just join.........Instead of sitting on your asses and complaining. I don't get whats so hard about it. I'm gonna become a mason just like all my relatives. If you really wanna just join. make friends with a mason and get the inside scoop lol. Luckly i know three or four masons and three of them are my relatives. And there all black just in case someone try's to pull the race card or something. I believe masons have there own agenda.. But doesn't everyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join