It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Masons Evil?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentientsojourner

From my experience it also make me feel that if decided to pursue or show interest in organizations such as B.O.T.A., A.M.O.R.C., O.T.O, the Golden Dawn, or any other "esoteric" system, my masonic membership might be revoked Whether this is silly speculation on might part or not, I am unsure but there is cause for me to ponder it.

I am a long-time member of BOTA...in fact, I was a Builder of the Adytum before I became a Mason.

Masonic membership cannot be revoked for joining BOTA, AMORC, OTO, or Golden Dawn. In fact, many of the leaders in all of those organizations are also Masons.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by mmmeat

So - just to clarify - Crowley was NEVER a Freemason.

Crowley was made a Mason in Anglo-Saxon Lodge, and English-speaking Lodge in Paris, France, in 1904. He was apparently erased from the roll for non-payment of dues the following year.

At that time, Anglo-Saxon Lodge was not recognized by the UGLE, but now it is. Crowley was a Mason, but a clendestine one during his lifetime. His Lodge, however, has since been healed.

Much like other non-Masons, he was not part of a recognized Lodge or subject to the constitution and edicts of a recognized Grand Lodge. He was just some guy who joined a group that had no affiliation at all with Freemasonry.

We cannot say that he had no connection to Freemasonry, since he was initiated, passed, and raised. The Lodge was regular, but clandestine. Crowley himself didn't seem to understand the difference, and later became very critical of Freemasonry.

How can you say somebody wasnt tied to masonry but before admit he was a part of a certain lodge?

Are you saying the intentions of certain lodges reigning from our planet have different intentions?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb

How can you say somebody wasnt tied to masonry but before admit he was a part of a certain lodge?

I thought I explained the Crowley situation already; I don't know what else I can say about it.

He allowed himself to be suspended from his lodge in Paris for non-payment of dues the year after he became a Master Mason, becuase he wanted to regularize his membership in England.

Crowley wrote an interesting and fraternal letter to the Grand Secretary of the United Grand Lodge of England, requesting regularization. Brother Martin P. Starr, 33°, Secretary-General for the Scottish Rite Research Society, suggests that his request was refused because he had attacked some English Grand Lodge officers in print.

Several of the highest rankling Masonic officials in the United Grand Lodge of England at that time had also been leading members of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and the Masonic Rosicrucian Society. In the Equinox (Crowley's serial publication), Crowley accused them of basically running a scam via the Golden Dawn order, and vilified them for supporting the leadership of MacGregor Mathers as Supreme Magus.

Brother Starr is probably correct, and the UGLE refused to recognize Crowley as a regular Mason due to personal animosity between a couple of GL officers and he. It was after this that Crowley began condemning Freemasonry as "an organization of swindlers", and concentrated instead on building the O.T.O.

Are you saying the intentions of certain lodges reigning from our planet have different intentions?

That was completely over my head. Care to elaborate?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
If you are to say that the Masons are Evil, you´d better first define what Evil really is. The only thing that I know is that Evil is the purest of all things. Its everywhere.

But to a Mason, spreading "their" morality this is of course not Evil, but to me who despises anyone who tries to force me to belive in anything I dont, it seems quite Evil.

Evil is not a dark mysterious entity, its all around us, you, me and your neighbour are born Evil as well as we are born Good.

Its the path we choose that defines our thoughts of Evil, not Evil itself.

What is Evil to might not be Evil to you. And it probalby is not.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Again...I'll post my 2 cents. I'm not a Mason. I know and have known Masons for over 20 years. They belong in American Legion,Churches,VFW,Kiwanas Clubs,Moose Lodges,Boy Scouts,...the list goes on. I know them from certain non-profits I belong to.Some are eccentric...some are tobacco spitting good ol'boys. They are my friends. If there is a "GRAND CONSPIRACY" going on....the joke...I feel...is on the beleivers.Kinda like the "Grand Initiation"..once blindfolded and driven to the "secret" location...one answers the interogators.Once the membership is satisfied...the "Holy Crown" is donned.When the order to UNMASK is given....you are staring into a mirror wearing the crown.Donkey Ears.....as the membership rolls in laughter.I can only imagine the money people have made making something out of nothing...to the wallets of the IGNORANT.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
can someone tell me if Mansonry is a religion

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark_Ace
can someone tell me if Mansonry is a religion

It isn't. It's a fraternity whose focus is to improve men in their value to society as well as improving them in their understanding of God (within their own personal understanding of the Creator).

HTH
Fitz

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

It isn't. It's a fraternity whose focus is to improve men in their value to society as well as improving them in their understanding of God

what about Women ?

is it only for men ?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Not a mason here...However I obtained a freemason's monitor published in 1901...it says nothing regarding satanic worship...yet it mentioned Jesus as the savior, the Bible as a guide and a Supreme Being. Sure they have some rituals and symbolism that some might consider unusual, but it hardly means that they are practicing some dark form of the occult. I suggest others interested in educating themselves on freemasonry grab one of these little books, they're floating around everywhere these days. In fact, I may get around to scanning the whole damn thing when I get the time.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

what about Women ?

is it only for men ?

Like Fitzgibbon said in the passage you quoted, it's a fraternity. Sororities don't accept members of the opposite sex either.

The infamous Skull and Bones now accept females. Does anyone know if they still call it a fraternity.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

what about Women ?

is it only for men ?

Yes, it's a fraternity (male-only). In like manner, sororities are female-only.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

The infamous Skull and Bones now accept females. Does anyone know if they still call it a fraternity.

I think they just call it a "society". BTW...does anyone know if the Scroll and Key, which are Skull and Bones primary competition at Yale, have gone co-ed as well?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
BTW...does anyone know if the Scroll and Key, which are Skull and Bones primary competition at Yale, have gone co-ed as well?

They are. Alexandra Robbins, author of Secrets of the Tomb, is a member of the Scroll and Key.

She spends a great deal of her book comparing S&B with S&K, pointing out that the latter has a greater endowment than the former.

EDIT: According to the wiki article, they've been co-ed since 1989.

[edit on 3/3/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Google Video Link

Good video, describes the Warburg & Rothchild ties.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stompk

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
How much does it cost to join and what are the dues for a lodge?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by christopherledwards
How much does it cost to join and what are the dues for a lodge?
It varies from lodge to lodge. For me, each of the three degrees was $100 and the cost of the third degree included my leather apron and my dues for the remainder of the calendar year. Annual dues for my lodge are, I think, either $60 or $75. An "endowed" (lifetime) membership in my lodge is $600, I believe.

Most of this goes to paying rent and utilities for the lodge, dinner for each of our meetings, etc. I believe $25 from my first degree was donated in my name to a Masonic library for my state. I'd guess some small portion of either initiation fees or dues may go to the Grand Lodge, but I don't know in what proportion.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow, quick reply! Thanks! I'm glad I didn't get some smart ass answer like the eternal damnation of my soul!!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by christopherledwards
Wow, quick reply! Thanks! I'm glad I didn't get some smart ass answer like the eternal damnation of my soul!!
We don't take credit.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Another quick question is that I work rotating shift work 7 days a week. Are there mandatory meeting in which I can't miss or do they understand an odd schedule?

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join