It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Masons Evil?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead

I personally think Masonry does more harm than good.

Care to expound on that further? I am quite curious as to what harm you feel Masons and Masonry are supposedly perpetrating.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
More compelling evidence. Enjoy!

www.scam.com...

[Mod Edit]
Posting video links

Posting video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by topsecretombomb

I don't click on links without reading a synopsis of what the link leads to?

Mind explaining, giving details, comments, suggestions, anything?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
More compelling evidence.

"More" is a relative term. So far, you've been asked one simple question, which you have failed to answer.

Nothing you've posted so far has been either "compelling" or "evidence." In fact, everything you've posted has been wholly unrelated to the topic of the thread - "Are the Masons Evil?"

If you can't answer the question posed, and you can't provide evidence - much less compelling evidence, it's going to become harder and harder to believe you.

Love to have a conversation, but it's starting to look like you're just here to stir the pot.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk

Mason's are evil.

Define "evil".

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Evil...like Skeletor evil?
Or more like the bumbling but lovable Cobra Commander evil?

Or do you mean evil like corporate mascots kind of evil...or macdonalds and wal mart kind of evil?

Or do you mean sexy evil?
Because honestly, I'm a little bit sexy evil.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here is how "evil" masons are.

We bought our home on a land contract. Our insurance company decided to cancel us without notification due to my wife being unemployed. Dumb policy we knew nothing about. Our debt holder called today and said we had two days to get insurance on our home or get out. Not only did he say we have two days to get insurance, he said if we did not fix our roof in two days, we had to leave.

No one wanted to insure the home. We finally found someone who would for 800 a year on a 43,000 policy. They would only insure the house with a roof exclusion and no content. We paid the insurance.

Yet now I still have two days to re-roof on section of our home and fix any possible leaks elsewhere. I have to miss exams at college tomorrow to do so.

We have no money for any roof repairs. I called a good friend who is a mason. He and a few others will be at my home Saturday to completely re-roof the flat section and fix the leaks elsewhere. They are driving from over 60 miles away. They are bringing the materials and the labor. No cost to me. That is how "evil" they are.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sentientsojourner

That's evil!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wu kung

Oh man. Sexy evil, thats priceless.

Sentientsojourner..

Just so you know, it is Masonic protocol that for a new roof you must sign your soul to the Devil for no less then a period of 30 years, if you parish within this time frame, the Devil gets your soul, if you don't the contract is full filled.. however it is also Masonic protocol to make sure the new evil roof won't make it through more then 2 heavy rain storms.

Also you must conform to various Satanic practices and accept the all powerful evil deity as your supreme overlord.

And you must give a donation to the local Masonic home.

Shoulda read the small print mate.

PS> In all honesty, you really should give a little something to their charity that they support. Just a show of gratitude and a method of "paying it forward" so to speak.

Of course, only if it is within your monetary ability to do such, you should never donate if it means financial harm to your self.

Trust me.

I do that all the time.

>insert womans voice< "Um.. Steve, mind telling me why you spent $250 at some country club?" ..

>me< "Umm.. I swear it was for charity!"

Of course, most of it was. And the electric bill didn't really need to be paid that month anyways.

Ok im done rambling. To many beers before dinner! Doh!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Alright, I'm going to admit something to you all, and to those of you who know me...*looks at Rockpuck*...this'll come as no real surprise.

I'm a little bit evil.
Not an overwhelming amount.
Not enough to have it fully affect my personality or day-to-day dealings.
About 5-7% (maybe a little more sometimes)
Y'see, I'm only slightly evil.
Which, in reality isn't really all that bad.
At least I'm in touch with it and I accept it instead of trying to deny it and overcompensating by doing who-knows-what.
Besides, 5-7% is far less than most (if not all) politicians, lawyers, accountants, CEO's and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hurt anyone.
I don't torture animals (in fact, I'm a vegan and I love animals!)
I don't steal.
I don't manipulate people to achieve my own goals.
I don't pick on those weaker than myself.
I don't do heavy drugs.
I don't slap women around (unless they ask...but we're all adults here, right?
)
I just have a bit of a sadistic streak...and a dark side. So what?
But, I was born that way, and it has absolutely nothing to do with me being a Freemason.
If anything, one of the motivating factors of me joining the Brotherhood was to become more refined and gentlemanly.
And I think I'm doing a rather good job of it too.

If anything, Freemasonry has renewed my faith in my fellow man and given me goals that are larger than the drive for my own immediate gratification to focus on, and for that I am grateful.

So, no, I absolutely believe that the entity (because that seems to be the focus of anti-Mason conspiritists rather than the individual Freemason) known as Freemasonry is Not Inherently Evil.
However, I'm sure that there are individuals who may be.
This is, contrary to popular belief, NOT reflected in the goings on of whole lodges of men.
One man, no matter who he is (whether he be Worshipful Master or whatever) can fully decide the entirety of the deeds of a lodge.
Yes, we perform rituals and have our quirky little signs and signals, but one of the main points of Freemasonry is to promote free thinking.
To be tolerant of those who's beliefs are different than ours and to accept them as individual human beings with their own thoughts, feelings and perspectives.
Religion and politics are strictly forbidden to be discussed during lodge meetings, and it is for the best.
We want nothing divisive interrupting and causing dissension.
We've gone over this hundreds of times in dozens of threads but it would seem that it doesn't really get the point across.

If you want to think bad things about us, that's cool.
You have that right.
(our forefathers fought and suffered and planned and died so that you could have that right and you're welcome to it)
And it's not our responsibility to try and change your mind, only education can do that, and we can't force that upon you.

Is Freemasonry evil?
No, not in the least.

Am I evil?
Yeah, perhaps a little bit.

Does one have anything to do with another?
Not even a little.

[edit on 2/8/2008 by wu kung]

[edit on 2/8/2008 by wu kung]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Evil is indeed a relative term. Depending on your beliefs, all men are evil unless they find their Savior, confess their sins, repent, or in some cases pay a televangelist to pray for them

To indict an entire fraternity of men, from all walks of life is simply wrong. You cannot hold an entire group of people that you have never met, as evil, it isn't fair to them. They have a right to peaceably assemble just like those that go to church, attend Boy Scout meetings, AA meetings, or Congressional hearings.

I am a Mason, I am a member of York Rite, and I hold an office in my lodge, Masonry doesn't make me evil, or even more evil, I have made my own bed and I have to lay in it.

Masonry has helped me in more ways than I can count, not by providing me power and monetary wealth (trust me, I'm not a Rockefeller), it has provided me an association with people that I would have never met, from different socio-economic classes, political affiliations, and religions. It has provided me with a fraternity of men that want to help me succeed by leading by example, and by asking me to lead by example as well.

Are evil people in Masonry, probably, we are all just men after all, and I believe the old proverb is "judge not, lest ye be judged yourself." Judging an entire fraternity is wrong, and I don't have it in me to try.

I know Masonry has made me a better man, period. The old "woodwhite" was a caustic mess, but all of those "silly" rituals and forms of recognition have taught me many things, and those things I hold in the sincere regard.

Masonry doesn't make men evil; too many of us do that to ourselves.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by wu kung

Oh man. Sexy evil, thats priceless.

Sentientsojourner..

Just so you know, it is Masonic protocol that for a new roof you must sign your soul to the Devil for no less then a period of 30 years, if you parish within this time frame, the Devil gets your soul, if you don't the contract is full filled.. however it is also Masonic protocol to make sure the new evil roof won't make it through more then 2 heavy rain storms.

Also you must conform to various Satanic practices and accept the all powerful evil deity as your supreme overlord.

And you must give a donation to the local Masonic home.

Shoulda read the small print mate.

PS> In all honesty, you really should give a little something to their charity that they support. Just a show of gratitude and a method of "paying it forward" so to speak.

Of course, only if it is within your monetary ability to do such, you should never donate if it means financial harm to your self.

Trust me.

I do that all the time.

>insert womans voice< "Um.. Steve, mind telling me why you spent $250 at some country club?" ..

>me< "Umm.. I swear it was for charity!"

Of course, most of it was. And the electric bill didn't really need to be paid that month anyways.

Ok im done rambling. To many beers before dinner! Doh!

Are you calling God and Jesus Evil Dieties??????????????????????????????????

Why did Jesus talk in parables? Here is where you will find you answer!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paladin1852

Yes. That is what I said...

Which I thought I said it very cryptically.. because those words never even appear in what I said.

I suppose you just.. saw right through me eh?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It isn't Masonry or Catholism or Protestanism or atheism or islam...that makes us evil.

JMHO...but we are evil because of something our great-great-great-grand parents did. It's in our blood (it's in my blood).

Do you need redemption? That's up to you!

Do I need redemption? You have no idea how much I need it. YES!

Am I a sinner?

I am the scum of the earth. I have no right even ask for salvation and redemption.

But it is mine for the asking. I repent contritely and sincerely (and am I ever sincere)...and it is mine.

Come to the Cross! it is yours. He did it for you and you alone!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Lover of history,

Service to God, Service to Family, Service to Community. Are these evil concepts?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Every soldier in Hitlers army was not of evil mind, yet they still were bricks in that un-good, that most evil construct.

Just because the flowers are fragrant does not mean the roots aren't rotten.

I classify an evil based on what my ideal of good is.

Too much power in uncontrolled hands!

Where is the say of the common man in this world of corporate sigil!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

"PS> In all honesty, you really should give a little something to their charity that they support. Just a show of gratitude and a method of "paying it forward" so to speak.

Of course, only if it is within your monetary ability to do such, you should never donate if it means financial harm to your self. "

Service to community, is a duty, and an honor. No payment or donation would be required or accepted.

You have part of the concept. "paying it forward." When you see someone in need, help them if you are able. This is also a basis for most of the major religions in the world(Help each other). This is also one of the founding principles of our country.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Skies

but we are evil because of something our great-great-great-grand parents did. It's in our blood (it's in my blood).

No.. its not at all actually. Human nature by natural cause has a tendency to act out in a manor that is not defined by social norms as "good".. "evil" is a perception.

Come to the Cross! it is yours. He did it for you and you alone!

None of your post made much sense to me anyways, and I have no idea how it came to this last sentence? If you could, please explain.

paladin1852

Lover of history,

Service to God, Service to Family, Service to Community. Are these evil concepts?

Hmm.. yes, I suppose I said that as well, so that must be what I meant?

Service to community, is a duty, and an honor. No payment or donation would be required or accepted.

Ironically charities without money do no good... so... yes, donations would be accepted and encourage.... at least any charity doing any good.

You have part of the concept. "paying it forward." When you see someone in need, help them if you are able. This is also a basis for most of the major religions in the world(Help each other). This is also one of the founding principles of our country.

I think I said that in my cryptic message about how Jesus was evil.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hey for what it's worth I'am going to be joining the Masons in the near future, Not unlike the Independent Order of Oddfellows there both faternal groups that are here to help local communities and futher mankind. If every one would get up from their lazy bottoms and help their communities instead of griping or waiting for a handout things would be a lot better. Question What Have You Done Latley

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Free and Accepted Masons is the only ligit group to join, be sure they have a Grand Lodge, other wise it may be clandestine.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by ADVISOR]

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join