It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Masons Evil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'll come right out and say it. I don't trust em.

Having said that, before I jump into a big spiritual battle with

the Masons, I would like to give any Masons on this forum a

chance to change my mind.

I think the upper level Masonic M.O. is none other than Global Genocide. The top Masons "think" they are the lords of the world, am I wrong?

Before I post links and quotes, I will give Masons a chance to respond.

Non-Masons, please chime in on your thoughts too. I am going somewhere with this.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by stompk]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I really don't know why people think the we are evil. We are NOTHING more then a club that revolves around morality. What is evil about morality? We as an orgaization world wide giva away millions of dollars away a day, give scholarships to local teens, have hospitals for children, and help out the community. Now before you blast the 33 degree Masons and say that they are the "inner circle", I must say not being a member of the Scottish Rite I have no "proof", but I so know several 33 degree Masons and they do not seem evil. Most that I have met are not even powerful men with in the community. Farmers and normal people, humble and respectable.

P.S. Excuse all typos, at work and slightly lazy

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thank you for stepping forward.

A club is exclusive. One must become a member.

If this club is so much for the betterment of mankind, why the secrecy?

If the Masons do hold ancient secrets, why not share them? What makes Masons so much better, that they get to keep the secrets?

And why would anyone be in a club, when they are not sure of the upper levels' agenda?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Wen don't have ancient secrets. The secrecy is half the fun IMO, and it could be called a trust thing. Its not hard to become a Mason, ask on to be one.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by tetsujin420]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
So, what is your opinion about this site?
www.bota.org

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm a member of a London club (not a dance club and nothing kinky either!) - nothing to do with masons. But it is a members only one and you're invited to join. Since the Masons are one of the most well known - and involved (apparently) in all manner of sinister hokum - what is there to say that my club isn't?

It really isn't though.

And, to be perfectly honest, I can't see why people persist in fantasising that the Masons secretly rule the world - or are mere frontmen for the Illuminati - or.... whatever.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. So your telling me that the hours I spend helping children is to rule the world. That all the time I spend raising funds for our Masonic cancer charity is to rule the world. Do you know any masons personally? Have you ever bothered to take the time to talk to them and ask questions instead of here in cyber space?

There are bad people and good people in all walk's of life. They don't need to be mason's to be "evil".

And that website doesn't have any connection to masonry. What's next Crowley?

Oh and this belongs in the secret society forum.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Could you give me some specifics on the ways you help children?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Bah, what a nice thred, they don't even know, because most of them don't go on above the 3rd level, but yes, masonary is part of the global agenda.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Why do masons keep their involvement a secret?

It is well known that Freemasonry went underground during the Second World War due to anti-Masonic persecution. During this time, freemasons adopted secrecy in order to safeguard their lives and the continuation of Freemasonry itself. This attitude of secrecy continued after the war, as there was still much persecution attached to freemasonry.

Because of the secrecy during this time, rumours and anti-masonic groups started to emerge. Masons who advertised their involvement were continually attacked verbally by anti-masons, shunned by many of their peers, and in general, have had many people make their lives a misery.

Today it is no different, so the secrecy continues. Many masons would instantly lose a large chunk of their non-mason friends if their involvement became known. In all honety, it's not surprising that masons keep their involvement a secret - it's forced by non-masons.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

It is well known that Freemasonry went underground during the Second World War due to anti-Masonic persecution.

What countries are you refering to specifically? If you are speaking of the Axis countries numerous groups were forced underground to avoid persecution.

During this time, freemasons adopted secrecy in order to safeguard their lives and the continuation of Freemasonry itself.

Many people wrongly lost their lives during World War II. Does the extermination of certain ethic groups ring any bells?

This attitude of secrecy continued after the war, as there was still much persecution attached to freemasonry.

Can you be a little more specific here?

Because of the secrecy during this time, rumours and anti-masonic groups started to emerge. Masons who advertised their involvement were continually attacked verbally by anti-masons, shunned by many of their peers, and in general, have had many people make their lives a misery.

Once again, can you provide some detailed accounts of this?

Today it is no different, so the secrecy continues.

Only our modes of recognition and our manners of initiation are secret.

Many masons would instantly lose a large chunk of their non-mason friends if their involvement became known.

All my freinds and my fiance know that I am a Mason, yet strangely, none of them really find it that repugnent.

In all honety, it's not surprising that masons keep their involvement a secret - it's forced by non-masons.

Wait. I though we were the oppressors? So we are being manipulated instead? Why in the world did I ever join.......

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This is something that will NEVER be resolved because there's no way to prove that there isn't a secret cabal of upper echelon Masons who are evil.

What is true to my satisfaction is that there's nothing inherently evil about Masons or Masonry as practiced by the regular lodges in the US.

The secrecy thing is way overblown. So you can't know the "handshake" or modes of recognition, or initiation rituals unless you're a member. Big deal. It's the same way with every fraternal organization on every college campus. Ask a Sigma Nu or Phi Delt to show you the grip. Not gonna happen. And I don't feel the least diminished by that.

Originally posted by stompk
I think the upper level Masonic M.O. is none other than Global Genocide. The top Masons "think" they are the lords of the world, am I wrong?

I don't know. Who are the "top Masons"? How do you know who they are? How do you know what they think? Even if you know who they are and what they think, what makes you think what they think has anything to do with a membership in Masonry?

Before I post links and quotes,

Ohh pleeease dont toss out a bunch of those fundie anti-Masonic sites. Yes, we know many individuals and organizations (like the Catholics) have a lot of "issues" with Masonry. Virtually all of them unfounded, IMHO.

And no, I'm not a Mason, or member of any other fraternal organization. Or any organization, club, or group with any specific requirements, financial or otherwise. I'm just not a joiner.

I'm surprised I'm even a member here.

[Edit for typo]

[edit on 11/12/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I'll come right out and say it. I don't trust em.

I'm sorry to hear that. I tend to meet someone before I decide whether or not I trust them, but that's just me.

Having said that, before I jump into a big spiritual battle with
the Masons

I think you'll find that the spiritual beliefs of Masons vary quite a bit, since there is no "religious test" to become a Mason, other than that you believe in God. Since Masons can be of many different faiths, you'll find a whole host of spiritual philosophies from individual members.

Yes. First of all, Lodges and Grand Lodges are democratic institutions. "Leaders" are temporary and elected. Secondly, there is no global hierarchy in Masonry. Each lodge is more or less autonomous, and operates under the jurisdiction of a Grand Lodge which grants it its charter. In the United States, each state has its own Grand Lodge. There is no "overall" Grand Lodge for the US or the world.

Before I post links and quotes, I will give Masons a chance to respond.

You can find "links and quotes" to support just about any position. However, that does not mean that they are accurate, or that their authors knew what they were talking about.

Non-Masons, please chime in on your thoughts too. I am going somewhere with this.

This topic has been beaten to death in the Secret Societies forum. I suggest you use the "search" function or just read through the posts on the first few pages of this forum... 90% of them deal with Freemasonry.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So, I am now more convinced than I ever was. The attempts at covering this up are futile.

Your pagan god means nothing in the realm of afterlife.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So, you don't trust em'. You have to look for some clandestine, secret society to blame rather than blaming the real perpetrators right befre your very eyes. Hmmm... Okay.

I suggest you read the works of Albert Pike, Manly P. Hall and Churchward... Then, maybe I'll listen to your opinion. Otherwise, your just listening to the same anti-Masonic drivel that is posted on every other page of the internet, it seems.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stompk

Futile attempts at covering what up? Who's "pagan gods"? You know, I think you mean well, but I believe you're really barking up the wrong tree.

Of course, I'm willing to review whatever evidence you have. Could you go back up a couple of posts and answer my questions about the "top Masons"?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why is it that the Abrahamic religions can believe or do as they wish, but the pagans are somehow "evil" for doing the same? I have never understood that. I guess that makes me "evil" as well...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Bah, what a nice thred, they don't even know, because most of them don't go on above the 3rd level, but yes, masonary is part of the global agenda.

A question. How do you know this as a non-Mason and they don't as Masons?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

A question. How do you know this as a non-Mason and they don't as Masons?

Isn't it logical? how many of 33th degree do you think are out there? compared to the first 3 degrees.
In any organasied organisation, organised by the others above you got fewer people, hey even mecdonalds does the same

Fewer at the top, and alot more at the bottom, how many foot soldiers are out there and how many generals?
When it comes to ranks fewer and fewer make it up.
It's just humman nature.

By the way how many forum moderators are out there on ats vs regular members

[edit on 12-11-2007 by pepsi78]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Make your own conclusions on:

The 72 gods of the Zodiac

Degrees of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite are published. (31. Grand Inspector Commander)

www.bradford.ac.uk...

See on this page: Tetractys of Pythagoras, thus:
www.donaldtyson.com... (Check again the triangles)

The Pagan ABRACADABRA
www.hermeticgoldendawn.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join