It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call Of Duty 4.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
How many damn nazis can a guy kill before he grows tired?

If my Grandfather was still alive I could answer that question for you.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Having asked a grandfather.....I can reliably report the answer is; all of 'em.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Who Dares Wins

finished the game in 2 days
well finished it 3 times since i rebooted my computer 3 times
got all the secrets so i got all the cheats

Bad year is jokes
when your enemy turn into tires when u kill them

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
COD 4. Finished the interrupted game in 3 days.

The 'terrorist hunt' storyline? Nicely told.

Storyline scenarios? Evenly spaced and shockingly real.

Gameplay action, is the game realistic? Yes! As close to real life as one can get in a game.

COD 4 teaches the player that in real life [allbeit in a game] bullets DO pass through brick walls, DO go through trees and DO blow up vehicles and woe betide anybody who foolishly hides behind them for too long.

Would the game make me want to join the army? NO! It would make me think twice because if this is what modern combat is REALLY like, then I'd want to stay the hell away.

As a former airman and soldier who has been shot at and shot back, I am continually surprised at the realism these games portray.

I absoilutely love 'em. I am NOT a bloodthirsty, triggerhappy, gung ho type of moron who glorifies war and killing. Far from it.

COD 4 is an extreemly good first person shooter, with enough action to last you adrenalin junkies a lifetime.

But why oh why, did it have such a crappy ending?

bodrul, so glad you finshed the game to get all the cheats. Can't for the life of me see why you'd need to cheat tho. You're only cheating yourself.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by fritz]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ok, I've got possibly one of the dumbest questions ever for Call of Duty 4.

Let the heckling begin!

I have CoD 4 for my 360, and my roomate and I cannot, for the life of us, figure out how to get two people on multiplayer online. We've tried everything that we could think of, but just can't seem to get it. Is it possible?

*Edit to add* Through some searching, I found out that you CAN'T play CoD 4 multiplayer online with more than one person!

That's not very cool, if you ask me, and that kinda turns me off from the game, to be honest. There are 3 of us in my house that pretty much use the Xbox, and multiplayer really makes a difference. It's not gonna be all that fun when you have two people sitting there while the other one plays for a few games, logs off, and let's someone else log in. They should have just made it like Halo 3 where you can have 4 people on one Xbox logged in to play.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Valdimer]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I finally beat CoD 4 last night!

I really liked it, and I liked how it played out very much like a movie. The controls were not easy to get used to, but once you got used to them, it really flowed quite nicely.

I really enjoyed the storyline and the suspense that happens in some of those levels!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valdimer I really enjoyed the storyline and the suspense that happens in some of those levels!

Yeah, I agree Valdimer.

But don't you think the ending sucks?!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

the cheats are fun and funny
cluster bombs
turning them into tyres after u kill them
slow motion and so on

what am i cheating?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul[/url]

Hello My Worthy Adversary. Good to hear from you again.

I'm not saying you ARE cheating, just asked why you would want to.

What did you think of the ending?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

I thought the ending was actually pretty good. When I finished the game, I was very satisfied and actually wanted to play it again!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

because its cheats, i dont have invincibility and so on
just unlocked some funny things
which isnt cheating in the general sence as it adds humor to the game

ending was fun, i kind of hated the fact that most my team got killed

also the minnie mission was cool

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to Valdimer[/url]

I agree about wanting to play it again - at present, I'm struggling to finish Act 2 on 'Hardened', trying to dodge those bludgers as my Claymore mines don't seem able to kill very many - especially in front of the Ferris Wheel.

I do like the Arcade 'shoot-em-up' and just love blatting away with the
105 mm howitzer from the Spectre!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have been looking into buying this since I loved all the other CoD games but seeing how people finished it in 2-3 days?? I am not really into the online aspect but love the single player campaign mode.

Am I going to be disappointed?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
COD4 is the future of FPS.

Many people above me have adressed why this is a Modern Warfare game, and what has become of the WWII genre. ANd the comment on the Dersert Combat Mod was right on, i remember playing that mod so much...

I have always been into Multiplayer games, and COD4 online multtiplyer is the most intense ever... i play with guys that are ridiculesly good, and our clan has been togerther since the start of Halo 2, and the comunication that we work with makes our team matchs realy intense. So many weapons and perks to mix...

The one player online multiplayer is no the greatest... 4 player split screen i just a waste of time... Halo 3 is still the party shooter...

The single player part of the game feels like a movie... the game lets you still have some sense of control during some of the cut scences, its great in that resepct, the game is kinda short, but you will play it over on a harder setting.

Now spoiliers ********

The ending was cool... the last levels were quick, i didn't take the chopper out that was chasing me at the end... but having your team getting wasted around you as you lay dieing, then get slide the gun and just have a couple shots to take the guy out, its realsic enough, much better then any boss that for some reason has 100x more health then any other human.

And the bonus level after the game is the coolest thing ever... i i play it all the time on arcade mode, trying to get high scores, i still cant beat it on the hardest level, but my top score is like 70,000 something. Its so fun.

Some other 'strange' moments were in the 'intro credits' when you roll thru the streets and have the control, of as caaptured Middle easrtern president, and get a first person meeting with a Desert Eagle... this sence is unmatched when seen in HD, with surround sound, i was at my frineds house had about a dozen people watching it, they all that it was the most intense game they saw.

Also the part when you go into the city on the assault, and are leaving in the chopper when a Nuke goes off in the city and down you plane, you then crawl around on the ground for a few agonizing minutes before you compltly die... it was higly intense...****

End Spoilers****

The game has everything, the AC-130 gunship is pure craziness, and if you put it next to a picture of what the real thing looks like, it would be prety dammed close to the real thing.

It is great, and aftrer you play it, you cant realy go back to halo 3...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
COD4 is the future of FPS.

Many people above me have adressed why this is a Modern Warfare game, and what has become of the WWII genre. ANd the comment on the Dersert Combat Mod was right on, i remember playing that mod so much...

I have always been into Multiplayer games, and COD4 online multtiplyer is the most intense ever... i play with guys that are ridiculesly good, and our clan has been togerther since the start of Halo 2, and the comunication that we work with makes our team matchs realy intense. So many weapons and perks to mix...

The one player online multiplayer is no the greatest... 4 player split screen i just a waste of time... Halo 3 is still the party shooter...

The single player part of the game feels like a movie... the game lets you still have some sense of control during some of the cut scences, its great in that resepct, the game is kinda short, but you will play it over on a harder setting.

Now spoiliers ********

The ending was cool... the last levels were quick, i didn't take the chopper out that was chasing me at the end... but having your team getting wasted around you as you lay dieing, then get slide the gun and just have a couple shots to take the guy out, its realsic enough, much better then any boss that for some reason has 100x more health then any other human.

And the bonus level after the game is the coolest thing ever... i i play it all the time on arcade mode, trying to get high scores, i still cant beat it on the hardest level, but my top score is like 70,000 something. Its so fun.

Some other 'strange' moments were in the 'intro credits' when you roll thru the streets and have the control, of as caaptured Middle easrtern president, and get a first person meeting with a Desert Eagle... this sence is unmatched when seen in HD, with surround sound, i was at my frineds house had about a dozen people watching it, they all that it was the most intense game they saw.

Also the part when you go into the city on the assault, and are leaving in the chopper when a Nuke goes off in the city and down you plane, you then crawl around on the ground for a few agonizing minutes before you compltly die... it was higly intense...****

End Spoilers****

The game has everything, the AC-130 gunship is pure craziness, and if you put it next to a picture of what the real thing looks like, it would be prety dammed close to the real thing.

It is great, and aftrer you play it, you cant realy go back to halo 3...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Screw Halo.

CoD4 is my favorite shooter since Half-Life 2!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
I have been looking into buying this since I loved all the other CoD games but seeing how people finished it in 2-3 days?? I am not really into the online aspect but love the single player campaign mode.

Am I going to be disappointed?

The single player is good. It can be finished fairly quick on easy modes, however, if you play on a harder level, it can be REALLY tough. The AI doesn't miss, and they keep coming.

The online is where its at. I have already logged something like 200 hours worth of online time.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Screw Halo.

Ive been saying that since Halo 1 got unnecessary hype.

CoD series to me, has always been a cut about Halo. And CoD 4 sure fills the gap. Talk about Intense!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I just got call of duty 4 last night, I was putting it off because I wanted to finish Alaskan Adventures first. I read piss poor reviews on Alaskan Adventures but it was in the bargain bin, and I decided to try it out. I actually enjoyed it, it was entertaining.

Anyway on to the meat and patatoes, COD 4 so far is the best FPS I have ever played in my life. The only time I was as blown away was when I played the first COD. I am sitting at work and I just want to get home and finish the game tonight, I have a day off tomorrow and I will be playing that game all day. It is supposed to snow tomorrow, I have all my honey dos done, so I can sit in peace with no wife, no kids and turn the surround sound on and play the hell out of the game.

To whoever asked if it is worth it for as short as it is, so far I would say it is absolutely worth buying. My wife doesnt enjoy FPS, but she sat there and watched the whole time I played, riveted to the TV. I kept asking do you want to play another game together, no I am really enjoying watching this, it is like watching a movie she said. But I get to laugh at you when you screw up, so it is better then watching any movie. from the first part it is intense and just draws you in.

In my opinion about military recruitment, I guess for some it could draw them towards that. However with me, I dont want to see that stuff in real life, I am fine playing it from the safety of my couch. I wouldnt let my kids play it though.

Awesome game, I cannot wait to play it more, and I really hope there will be more COD games in the future. COD series are the reason I bought my computer, my original X box, and my 360. I cant get enough of them.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm not so sure.
I mean it's pretty scary and crazy in parts, that might put people off joining.
It's more like an interactive movie than a game, some of those cut scenes are pretty awesome.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join