It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian police shoot and kill fan as football supporters clash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Italian police shoot and kill fan as football supporters clash

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk

An Italian police officer accidentally shot dead a football fan today while trying to break up a clash with supporters of another club at a motorway rest stop, a police chief said.

Arezzo Police Chief Vincenzo Giacobbe said the officer intervened in a scuffle between two groups of people he had not yet identified as football fans...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Is this what police are resorting to now? Taking the chance of killing a citizen at a football game? Seems like cops are getting a little antsy.

And to anyone out there who knew Gabriele Sandri, I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
the victim was sitting in a car,he was a well known DJ.

apparently there was no disturbance,it was just a whitewash to cover up the police man firing a stray bullet.

i havnt seen my team(inter) play this season,first time i sit down to do so,the match gets cancelled,bah!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
According to reports, there was a clash of fans (Juventus and some other team of long-haired pansies that fall over in the wind) at a motorway service area.

The Policeman fired one warning shot into the air to stop the scuffle and whilst he was running, he claims his gun went off a second time, striking the poor chap who was sitting in his car. For what it is worth, the Policeman appears very distraught at this and it was an accident.

But the policeman who fired the shot told Corriere della Sera it was a tragic mistake.

The officer said he fired his pistol more than 200m (660ft) away from Mr Sandri, who was sitting in a car on his way to see Lazio play Inter Milan.

"I was not aiming anywhere, I was not pointing at anyone," the policeman was quoted by the newspaper as saying.

"The first shot I fired in the air and the second went off as I was running. What a fool. Now I know what happened, I am devastated.

"Now I have destroyed two families, that of this boy and mine," he added.

Source

A picture of Gabriele, the chap who was sadly killed:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
grazi!,

what kind of policeman fires live rounds in the air!!!???

who do they think they are!?.

pansies??,have you seen the physical presence of inters team!? ,whos got the World cup and champions league!?,whos not qualified for euros?!

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wierdalienshiznit
grazi!,

what kind of policeman fires live rounds in the air!!!???

who do they think they are!?.

Well, i hate to say it, but regularly arm your police and accidents will happen more often. Not that excuses the death, but this does seem to be a case of a tragic accident.

Originally posted by wierdalienshiznit
pansies??,have you seen the physical presence of inters team!? ,whos got the World cup and champions league!?,whos not qualified for euros?!

Hey, we might still qualify!!

And everyone knows Italian, Spanish and South American players all blow around in the breeze and suffer facial injuries when anyone looks at them.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

the oligarchs have it bought,russia will qualify!

yeh they have an increased rate of diving,but the english have an increased rate of nasty tackles!.

but there not pansies!,have you seen the brazilian league lately!?,its mayhem,

you gotta be really tough!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wierdalienshiznit

Would you possibly know the DJ's name? I know of quite a few DJ's. I just hope he wasnt one of them

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyte Angel

he was actaully the dj for their fan radio

about time the italiens got ahead on security measures like the english and germans their like 20 years behind everyone

new topics

top topics

join