It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foriegn Movies Anyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Does anyone watch foriegn movies? you know the ones with subtitles?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I watch many chinese movies but doubt they have them where you are.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I doubt it too, i only have access to old kung fu flicks from the 70's

but I am into Bollywood now

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
STALINGRAD

but it was dubbed

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i don't like dubbed movies, I don't care what the language is, I rather listen to it and read the subtitles.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Same here its better if its in its original language.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
"El Mariachi"

It's in Spanish with sub-titles. "Desperado" and "Once Upon A Time In Mexico" are the sequals to it. I just bought it for myself 3 weeks ago. It's awesome.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
cool, I'll have to check that out. I really liked Desperado and Once upon a time in Mexico, both good movies.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This was really werid. But I rented a movie from Canada and it was in english but with heavy accents and it had subtitles. So does Canada count as a foreighn film?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
lol, hmmm that's a tricky one

but i'll say yes, since it had subtitles.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Just saw Battle Royal 2 farkin awesome it was.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Real movies from real places that are not Hollywood don't seem "foreign".

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I never used to watch films with subtitles until I changed channels on my tv and came across "run lola run" . I really got into it, it's an excellent film.
The only other subtitled film I've watched is The Eye, which was a sixth sence sort of film.
Talking about dubbed films, it always amazed me that they dubbed american accents over the first Mad Max film. There were two versions shown on telly. sometimes American accents and sometimes Australian.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
films like crimson rivers, battle royale, city of god , man bites dog , amilie , taxi 1 +2 , itchi the killer ,brotherhood of the wolf , john woo flicks, chun yow fat, jacki chan so on and so on im a big fan of these films

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
cool, I'll have to check that out. I really liked Desperado and Once upon a time in Mexico, both good movies.

Yeah, "El Mariachi" explains how he became a gun fighter type and why he's out for vengence. It's way low buget ($8000) but, it's a really good flick.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Have I got news for You.

I am foreign to English myself. Being cinema freaek, I have decided to give you my favourites:

POLISH MUST SEE:
"Mis", "Sexmission", "Dezerters", "Rejs", "Sami swoi" (comedy)
"Czesc Tereska", "Three Colours- Blue, Red White"(Kieslowski), "Psy "("Dogs"), "With Fire and Sword", "Konopielka"

OTHER:
"Queen Margot", "Cinema Paradiso",

Although this is not quite foreign one, all should see "Night on Earth". My favourite part is in Rome. Benini entering one way street "... yesterday it wasn't here..." .

I'll keep you updated.

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by netka]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just bought The Island of Lost Children the other day at a garage sale. I haven't seen it in years, but I remember it was very Tim Burton-ish.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I watch and collect a lot of 70's European films and the majority of them are subtitled and some are still the original language. I greatly prefer subtitles to dubbing, for me at least, its easier to follow.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Real movies from real places that are not Hollywood don't seem "foreign".

Absolutely right MA, I couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I saw The Ox a few years ago. I think it was Swedish. It's about surviving a famine. Very good, very disturbing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join