It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Titanic a conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Getting past the humorous nature, I did some research on the basic facts. It turns out there was a book written by Morgan Robertson in 1898 called "The Wreck of the Titan, or Futility". Also, the ships "Titanic" and "Olympic" had their construction started in 1908. In fact, both of the ships looked extremely similar.

I mean, the video itself was posted on Maddox's (the poster of the video) page as an April Fool's joke...but it just seems very odd to me. Of course, this conspiracy really doesn't "matter" in the whole scope of things going on today, but it's still something to think about.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Well. I knew Maddox way back when (from the chat program Virtual Places).
And let me tell you the guy is a pompass idiotic windbag who at one point posted and insulted kindergarden fingerpaintings.
But on that video. It's silly and retarded. Much like the man.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Not sure, but Estonia sure has a lot of strange circumstances surrounding it. The governments covered it up pretty good though.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Not sure, but Estonia sure has a lot of strange circumstances surrounding it. The governments covered it up pretty good though.

Can you elaborate further?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have heard that the Titanic actually switched with it's sister ship (that was suffering from poor structural quality) and the sister ship was purposely sank for the insurance that was taken out on the "unsinkable" Titanic. Thus, leaving the TRUE Titanic sailing for many years while it's "sister" was at the bottom of the ocean.

It seemed very logical to me when I read it a couple of years ago, I will see if I can find any sites pertaining to this specific CT.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I will search in my spare time as well. I'm not sure if there's any way to prove the "switching" took place, though.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
...I accidentally ran across this article while net surfing...

....Another view as to what really happened to the Titanic...

An interesting story, none the less...

www.samsloan.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I think it was the Titanic that sunk. If you see the front of the wheelhouse on the wreck it is straight, like the titanics, the olympia's was curved. Plus Titanic's number 401 was in various places , the rudder etc, not 400 as olympia's would be.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Originally posted by Copernicus

Can you elaborate further?

I havent really researched it except I know there was tons of things not making any sense about it. The hole was believed to have been caused by a torpedo last I heard, but the governments refused to talk about it.

Anyway, some day I will try to find out more. The whole thing was just very suspicious, but because of everybody who lost their relatives wanting to try and forget, there was a feeling of "dont cause more grief for the survivors", much like the same feeling you had shortly after 9/11. It was seen as being "insensitive" to question the authorities.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Copernicus]

new topics

top topics

join