It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Trip Back to College

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I just got a call from my lovely daughter who was on her way back to college. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive so I was getting concerned as she hadn't called and it had been 5 hours.

Finally she calls and wanted to know if I wanted to hear about her interesting drive. I though okay how much damage? Little did I know how close to the truth that though could have been.

She was traveling south on I-84 between Baker City and Ontario Oregon which is a pretty desolate strip. She said an annoying driver who had been tailgating her whipped around her and then suddenly swerved to the right and braked hard. That forced her to the other lane. When she got to the other lane already braking hard she saw an elderly woman rolling across the highway. She told me that she avoided hitting her by mere inches; however at that time she didn't know if she had missed her or not. She pulled over; grabbed her cell phone and ran back to the lady. In the meantime other cars had pulled over and every body was running to the lady. Of course, the big question was why was she rolling across the highway?

It seems she had hit an elk with her car while she was driving and after the car came to a halt it caught on fire so she bailed out of the car and ended up rolling across the highway. Police and paramedics responded and the lady is fine just shoke up. Now here is where it reallly gets strange; she is a 71 year old nun out of Baker City. She was heading to Boise which is just beyond my daughter's destination so my lovely daughter took her on in to Boise.

Now I admit to thinking at first that this was some weird joke but no it's true. A 71 year old nun was rolling across I-84 after hitting an elk and having her car catch on fire and came out of it with no injuries.

I also admit to being proud of my lovely daughter for steppng up to the plate and helping her get to Boise. I did however, warn her again to not pick up strangers.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by gallopinghordes]

new topics

join