It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blueish green light or orb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
A couple of years ago as I was driving down the interstate, early in the morning, I would say it was between 4 and 5 am, I just happened to look out my driver side window and noticed something like a bluish green ball or orb fly upward from somewhere in town and quickly disappear.

I definately know what I seen, because I had my window down and it was not a reflection. It just seems to extraordinary to be something conventional also.

Has anyone else seen something similar to this?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

There's the odd chance it could've been a flare or some sort of amateur rocket. Did you see any smoke or could you have even seen smoke given the darkness if there was any?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
No, no smoke. It was sort of off in the distance and it took an upward flight very quickly. I doubt very seriously that it was an ametour rocket or anything of that sort. I think it would have been to large also.

It's funny that you used the word ametuer in response to this. From what I've seen it was hardly ametuer and again I doubt it was conventional. It could've been a flare, I guess. But I don't think so.

Wow, that was an aweful quick reply!

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Once again, are you confident you could've seen smoke had it been there given the daylight?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i have seen pretty much the same thing,

i was 12 laying in bed looking at the sky through a window,when from directly overhead there passed a green incandescent "ball" across the sky and over the horizon.
it looked massive and i wandered why it didnt make an impact.

i deduced at the time it was either,

en.wikipedia.org...

or

www.youtube.com... (which is rarer than diamond)

both cases,you were pretty lucky

[edit on 11-11-2007 by wierdalienshiznit]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mentalempire
reply to post by spirit7

Once again, are you confident you could've seen smoke had it been there given the daylight?

There was no smoke.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Then that would rule out flares or rockets and also anything conventional explanation I could think of.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

It sounds like a meteor is the most likely explanation.

Check out these threads, which have some things in common with your sighting:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Meteors don't fly upwards, bub.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mentalempire

Actually, I think you'll find that they do appear to "fly upwards" under certain circumstances. Remember, in space there is no up or down... only our perspective from here on Earth gives us the impression that a meteor may be going up. The same meteor seen by observers separated by a few hundred miles, might appear to fly down to one observer, whilst for the other it might appear to shoot up from the horizon... it just depends on your placement here on Earth when observing it.

Here's one reference I found after a little digging: www.meteorobs.org...

Edit just to add, if you search google for "earthgrazers", you should be able to find more referances to meteors that fly up from the horizon. You might even see some for yourself if observe the Leonid meteor shower next weekend.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by C.H.U.D.]

join