It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need ATS rules Clarification on Censorship and Complaints

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Are complaints about ATS, and observations of events that occur at ATS the same thing.

Might it be that my thread

"Thread was locked, is it ATS Censorship? "
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regarding the closing of thread

"ATS is totally infiltrated by descendants of COINTELPRO"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is not a complaint as much as an observation. I understand ATS has the power to do as they wish, they handle the server, but isn't reporting on this activity news worthy and not just complaining.

My intent was not to just complain to ATS staff, it was to inform ATS users of an action that seemed odd, a U2U would not accomplish this.

Or is showing an action done by ATS some thought crime that must be stopped?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I was quite surprised to see the thread you started to ask that question - closed by a moderator without any explaination whatsoever.
I expect this one to end up the same way.
I also found it amusing that after the Nov. 5th announcement that ATS would be expanding - there was talk that they are now becoming part of the main stream that users here so often attempt to expose.
How Ironic.
What I witnessed with the other thread you started seems to fit right in with that observation.
And so it begins.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't think it will necessarily be locked. Asking for a clarification is not the same as a complaint.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

Maybe this 'expansion' is the reason why threads like this get shut down -- trying to appease new members into believing it's all "one big happy family" when it's not b/w like that... also, I like your persistence at this Redge, you're admired for trying to prove something about said topics.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
C'mon now guys.

A lot goes on behind the scenes that members are not aware of. We understand that, and we do our best to behave in a transparent manner while respecting the privacy of others. One thread has been closed without a formal note explaining why. This isn't how we do things and allow me to apologize if anyone has been confused here.

As for the thread that was closed, if anyone takes a moment to actually read it; one would see very quickly why it was closed.

(Troll 1; Members 0)

We don't need that, and you guys don't deserve it.

What is a Complaint & What is a BBQ Thread?

There is a lot of indecisiveness among members when it comes to this issue. What belongs in the BBQ forum? What is a suggestion? Where does it go?

Our Super Mod intrepid explained this one the easiest for me.

If the general membership can contribute to the discussion, or possibly resolve the issue, author it in the BBQ forum. If it is an issue with the ATS Staff, and the answer can only come from them... then it should be submitted to the complaint/suggestion function.

Very simple.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I recieved this U2U from Mirthful Me, I believe it could have been posted here, since I believe this is a topic that all ATS at some time is concerned with.

(Private u2u Removed!)

NEW POLICY regarding u2u's

Since this matter has I believed equated any action of censoring COINTELPRO thread, and we do not even know if COINTELPRO is disinfo I don't see any reason to post anymore new threads on this topic.

I don't have anymore questions at this time, thank you for the responce.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ask...

And ye shall receive:

Mod Note: Everything You Ever Wanted (or need to) Know About ATS – Please Review This Link.

That should provide some scintillating and eye opening guidance and serve as an irreplaceable resource for all things ATS.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, the other thread redge777 created was asking for clarification yet it was locked. We want answers!

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
That was a private U2U and not meant to be posted on a thread. You should just stop while you are ahead.. there is no conspiracy, just a private owned website, and when something is privately owned you have to subscribe to their rules.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yeah, even a simpleton should be able to figure out that talking smack on people who are offering a free service will only go so far without crapping in the mess kit that was provided free of charge.

I don't understand some people. This must be the welfare mentality. Bitch about the check you get and what day of the week it arrives.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
I recieved this U2U from Mirthful Me, I believe it could have been posted here, since I believe this is a topic that all ATS at some time is concerned with.

(Private u2u Removed!)

NEW POLICY regarding u2u's

Since this matter has I believed equated any action of censoring COINTELPRO thread, and we do not even know if COINTELPRO is disinfo I don't see any reason to post anymore new threads on this topic.

I don't have anymore questions at this time, thank you for the response.

I read your policy on the privacy of U2U, being your site, I understand that this is a policy that you can enforce. I was under the impression U2Us were for having conversations that would fill up a thread with off topic info. Not as a way to have private conversations.

First since u2u are not private and the site can read all of them this is the type of 2 tier privacy rules that lead to corruption. The power can read them, but individuals can't.

Second I was unaware that you expected to be able to communicate your concerns and expect me to not consider that information relevant to the whole community.

Third, secret communications lead to corruption and foster elitism if we wish the world to be more open, then should not we be more open.

Now since I do not agree to secrecy, is there a way I can let people know when they send me a u2u I consider it public information, since the powers can read it, shouldn't everyone?

I would feel sad if people though that I was willing to keep secrets when that is not part of what I believe important.

wait I will put it in my profile that will do it.

Thank you for posting your new rules on the topic.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You want to know why the other thread was closed?

It's not censorship. Not at all. If it was censorship it would have been deleted and removed from view, not closed.

It's closed because it's crap. Perhaps the staff is sick and tired of having their integrity questioned and being accused of god knows what every time someone has a crappy day.

I wasn't the one who closed it, simply because I wasn't home. Otherwise I certainly would have.

There are other sites that engage in mindless mudslinging when people get bored. This isn't one of them. If you're sole purpose here is to do nothing but decide in your own infinite wisdom that ATS is some government operation simply because you don't like something, your thread will be closed and you will be banned.

Enough. What the hell has anyone here done to have their integrity questioned nearly every day by people who seem to be nothing other than ungrateful.

If you've got nothing but attacks, leave.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
u2u's are private communications. If you read the T&C on them you know that by now.

You know, me bein' just a simple little member, I have to say you're lucky I'm not staff. I'd already have voted you off the island.

You are blathering one unfounded accusation/insinuation after another. And I can't even see any reason for it short of you wanting to be dramatic.

blah

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Yeah, even a simpleton should be able to figure out that talking smack on people who are offering a free service will only go so far without crapping in the mess kit that was provided free of charge.

I don't understand some people. This must be the welfare mentality. Bitch about the check you get and what day of the week it arrives.

I agree a simpleton, or a smart person should understand it, so I will answer with this.

They are not offering a free site, we are paying for there site through clicks and advertiser dollars, however some industries get some of their income for how they present information, not only what the information is.

They do not offer us a service, we give them a site, this is actually part of there montra, user created site. So your whole post is not much more then biting the dog in my view. But God Bless and it is good to hear opinions.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You seem to be nothing but a malcontent and a drama-queen. I doubt seriously your clicks mean all that much. Maybe you should have considered that upfront.

We're all cogs in a wheel. You're wheel is squeaking way too much, and not turning much of value.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I agree with you redge. The staff need to be kept in check at all times. If we don't then we are no better off than we are in the 'real' world where the politicians get away with whatever they feel. I don't care that you don't get paid... you are still in a position of power and you are here to serve us... not the other way around. If we feel that you are not doing your job to our satisfaction then we should be able to express that without getting a warning or repremanded.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
It's closed because it's crap. Perhaps the staff is sick and tired of having their integrity questioned and being accused of god knows what every time someone has a crappy day.

It started as crap, the OP was pretty weak, but it quickly picked up to a thoughtful discussion. Many good points made. However it is just one thread and no big deal.

Peace and love to all, no hard feelings I hope.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What Is Discussion, & What Is Drama?

Above Top Secret is the best discussion board on the web. Our staff operate in a transparent manner, and we always operate on an open door policy. If any member has any concern over any issue, we always promote you to contact a staff member and express yourself.

Discussion is never silenced.

What we do try to prevent though is Drama.

It is becoming painfully obvious that the intent of this thread is not to discuss. It is to point fingers, stir drama, and place blame on issues where no blame even exists.

So if you are reading this and you feel that you have been silenced in any way, PLEASE contact a staff member or submit a complaint.

Your concerns will be heard, and they will be addressed.

However, a discussion in an environment like this is a waste of time. Nothing positive or constructive will ever come of it.

So if you want to discuss this, contact a staff member and we will hear your concerns.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

If we feel that you are not doing your job to our satisfaction then we should be able to express that without getting a warning or repremanded.

Perhaps if people learned how to express themselves normally this wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately certain pathetic people seem to know NOTHING but how to attack. Only attack attack attack.

You bastards censor us! You cheat, you lie, you work for the government!! YOU YOU YOU!!

You'll find if you post a criticism in a civil way none of these problems come up. But no... people LOOOOVE the drama. I'm not sure why.

So the deal is like this... yeah the staff is sick of uncivil and baseless remarks about their loyalties and sick of seeing baseless accusations coming from people with a chip on their shoulder. Leaving those threads open does NOTHING but get people upset on all sides.

Oh by the way, stellawayten, WE DON'T WORK FOR YOU. WE'RE MEMBERS ALSO. MYSELF FOR 5 YEARS NOW.

Do you understand yet?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
They do not offer us a service, we give them a site, this is actually part of there montra, user created site. So your whole post is not much more then biting the dog in my view. But God Bless and it is good to hear opinions.

You have a bit of a misunderstanding about the free tool poised under your fingertips each time you post to ATS. In fact, you can experience the power of the tool you have by clicking this link.

You started this thread just a little more than an hour ago... yet, it's already indexed in Google. All it takes is a little bit of reading up on "Search Engine Optimization" to realize most would say that is nearly impossible. But here, it's not only possible, it's how it works.

Years of blood-sweat-and-tears in technology development, site design, SEO research, dynamic XML site maps, and trial-and-error have gone into making this place among the most advanced websites you'll ever find with regard to Search Engine Optimization. While you might jerk your knee and argue it was accomplished for revenue's sake, you'd be reflexively focusing on only a part of the story. Our unique search engine exposure is for you, and all our members.

What's the point in posting your best ideas if no one knows about it? Here, on ATS, you can showcase your most controversial manifesto to the world, and have the confidence that it has the best chance of discovery. If that's not a powerful free service, I don't know what is. And in addition, you have the chance to elevate the writings of other members via thread flagging. A totally agnostic, crowd-driven editorial process.

Certainly part of our goal is to enjoy some revenue from these efforts. And if you can point to any period in ATS' history where apparent revenue increases did not equal resulting improvements in member services, you'll be the first to do so.

So, you have a phenomenal service with the very rare opportunity to broadcast your best ideas to the world, and all you needed to supply was your email address... and what are you doing with it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join