It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating Drama to feel ALIVE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
How many people do it? Women do it alot. Men do it too.

Humans tend to create a drama to feel alive.

Humans are so cut off from themselves, from their virtues and talents that they have to create a problem just to feel alive. Without a drama in their lives, the human might look for one. They will go to great lengths to instigate a quarrel just to get their peptides going. Anything for an emotional high. When will this immature behavior cease from happening over and over again in this socially defunct world we live in.

So a person will look for a problem. People welcome problems, people even welcome failures; upon themselves and others.

So how many of you do it? Lets all be honest now. I do it sometimes, In some way or another, but some take it to the extreme.

Someone is trying to say my dog has fleas, just because their dog has fleas. Their misery must be spread. My dogs do not have fleas. I told my sister's friend that it was her who probably brought them here !

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I do it sometimes too, but I am trying really hard to keep it to a minimum.

I have came to see that a little drama can keep you on your feet, make you feel alive and can actually be kind of good for you. However as with many things like this, there is that line that can easily be blurred and crossed.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
just be careful. we have someone in our circle that will intentionally say something that will rub someone the wrong way just so they can pretend to be the victim when the fight starts. it's not cool.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

re-phrase? who what where and why?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

what he's saying is that one of his friends will create drama just for the hell of it. not to feel alive to satisfy some inner emptiness, but to just do it. then when somebdy gets their feelings hurt and confronts them about it, they play like they are the one's who feelings are really hurt.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by LordInfamous]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I hate drama. I hate being around drama. I guess that's why I don't have any more to do with my family than I do. It's always something with them. :shk:

I like peace and quiet. In other words, I like to be left the hell alone!!

I do think that some people create stuff out of boredom. They watch "action" movies and such, and think that is the way life really is. When they get out in the real world and find out it is rather monotonous and uneventful, they don't know what to do.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
We're PEOPLE, drama is going to happen no matter what you try to do and stop it. Not everyone can like everybody else.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Maybe I am just more of a "social retard" than I already thought I was, but I don't experience this drama that so many others seem to be engaged in.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
No! No! No! SCP,

I will go to great lengths to stay away from drama. That is not my thing.

I dont like chaos, i dont like drama, i like to live peacefully and just want to be left alone.

It is so nice to be in peace, people who like nothing but chaos have way too much time on their hands and i stay away from them. I do agree many love the attention they get, i suppose. To me, no negative attention is like a day in the park!!!

I love peace and will go to extremes to get it.

I have a couple of drama queens in my family and i steer clear away from them.
Once i recorded a message on my phone saying if you have nothing good or pleasant to say, hang up!!!!!

You got to let people know drama is best left for Hollywood.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

[edit on 12-11-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I hate drama. I hate being around drama. I guess that's why I don't have any more to do with my family than I do. It's always something with them. :shk:

I like peace and quiet. In other words, I like to be left the hell alone!!

I do think that some people create stuff out of boredom. They watch "action" movies and such, and think that is the way life really is. When they get out in the real world and find out it is rather monotonous and uneventful, they don't know what to do.
Oh my God! I just read yours and i think we are very unique!!!!
Isnt this something?????

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Perhaps unconciously at times. I don't think all drama is bad, it depends if it has a good purpose or not. Obviously if not, I want nothing to do with it.. but the difference here may be subjective. It can be a symptom of having alot of energy.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yo SCP my fellow sun god, very good thread, good work. However I noticed you attracted "THEM" by posting this type of thread. Their really onto you.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have been called a drama queen very often. But the thing is... I don't think that I do anything to create a situation to feel alive. I see myself as more of a fighter. I fight for my rights and others. I can't stand to see injustice and I feel like most people just stick their head in the sand when they see it hoping to 'keep the peace'. This makes me sick. If more people don't stand up and say something when they see an injustice (no matter how small it may be) it will keep getting worse... more injustice and a greater injustice.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Maybe I am just more of a "social retard" than I already thought I was, but I don't experience this drama that so many others seem to be engaged in.

i hear ya...of course there is a little drama with the inlaws and such but i go to great lenghts to avoid drama...hate it man...

my dad is dead and my mom and i are on the same page. she don't # with me.

i also like to be left alone....maybe it is that i do not have friends and i do not socialize and that is what saves me cause i definately see it..

the only people that i visit are my inlaws, ma, and brother in law and his woman...that is the extent of my social interaction an part of that reason is the drama...

we go to my moms house and it is just on and on with.....yup the friggin drama.

i have enough crap floating through my head.....i don't need others and i DAMN sure am not going to create it just for the hell of it

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
i also like to be left alone....maybe it is that i do not have friends and i do not socialize and that is what saves me cause i definately see it..

i have enough crap floating through my head.....i don't need others and i DAMN sure am not going to create it just for the hell of it

Yeah, I am pretty sure that is the reason for my lack of drama. I don't really associate with anyone and the few I do socialize with when they bring up drama, I either tell them I don't want to hear it, or I walk off. You know, I'm one of those "crazy" loners.

Anyway, I pretty much feel the same way you do. I have enough traumatic # going on iside my own mind that I don't need it manifested in real life. When it does manifest, I get out of the situation.

new topics

top topics

join