It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freed Turkish troops face charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Freed Turkish troops face charges

news.bbc.co.uk

Eight Turkish troops captured and then freed by Kurdish rebels are being held in a military jail and face unspecified charges, army sources say.

The soldiers have been criticised by some in Turkey, amid allegations that they acted as cowards and fostered Kurdish propaganda.

"No member of the Turkish armed forces should have found themselves in such a situation," he said last week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Kill the enemy, or die trying. Do not come home alive.

I cannot believe in this day and age that such a tactic is still feasable. Those soldiers were clearly overwhelmed by the enemy. The blame should NOT be placed on the soldiers, it should be placed on the tacticians who were SUPPOSED to ensure the soldiers had the upper hand.

I feel this may backfire on the Turks. I understand the intention is to scare the rest of the soldiers into fighting harder, but it may just end up persuading the rest of the country into avoiding a career in the military like the plague.

I know if I heard that from my country, I would never consider life in the military EVER!... not that I would want to join in the first place.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join