It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angles "UFO" 1984 Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I remember when the Olympics was held in los Angeles In 1984 i think it was. the Opening was bizzare, with an announcer welcoming the auidence from around the world and then said and to all exterrestrials and then a "UFO" appeared with lights and everything. Classic flying saucer disc. Was this a bit of Hollywood special effects thingy, or something more, ie a failed disclosure attempt. It certaintly grabbed my attention for a few minutes as i thought it was the real deal, and probably half the world held it's collective breath too !

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Los Angeles 1984, Olympic Games, Closing Ceremony

[edit on 11/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Um... I think it was fake. The alien that landed looked like it was made for a movie or something... but then again how do we know what they look like? Maybe it was just a suit so he could breathe? If it was real it was planned. The flashlights were cool though. Wasn't 1984 a huge year for ufo/space movies?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If and when contact does happen, I hope it won't be as cheezy as that.

It would have been cool if real ETs had gate-crashed that event.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
theres really very little info or photographs from this ceremony... i know it was a long time ago, but still...

i dont have the links now, but i did find the name of the person who designed the ufo, and on that site it said that the ufo was hanging from a "helicopter running in silent mode", or something like that (ill try to find it). somwhere else i read that it was actually two helicopters.

and in this video the announcer says "the spaceship weighs two tones, and is powered by jet fuel".

hmmmm.

but anyway, i dont think it was a real alien spacecraft, but i do believe that it could have been some sort of a test, to see how a crowd of people would react to something like this.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
wow that is amazing!! never seen that before thanks for posting this

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was 6 years old when that happened I never knew about it till now! Good find.
The announcer does say "it weighs 2 tons and runs on jet fuel". I dont think this will lead to any disclosure but I do wonder how many of these "ufo's" have been terrorizing people!

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ahhh that brought back memories!! I was about 14 yrs old when that was on ! How time flies! Thanks for the video! I still think there was a deeper purpose to it though, to test reaction, the beginnings of disclosure etc. Who knows !! I wonder if the real thing will happen in China in 2008. Would be cool if it did !

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think we may see a repeat of this during the 2012 Olympic Games in London.

There's already hype for 2012, but nobody seems to know what will happen. I think Earth changes or pole shifts etc. are unlikely. There's a chance of a fake alien invasion to bring about the new world order though. That could be something similar if not the very same Project Bluebeam.

Regan made I think 9 speeches about how an alien threat would make his job easier.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

There might be an artificial alien threat, and world government would be the proposed solution. This could even be a 9/11-type of event. What the television would depict would be carefully planned, and scripted. By all means the news lost all credibility long ago.

I doubt that this flying saucer was fake. They couldn't just make helicopters go into "silent mode," and the liability of suspending a 2-tonne machine over a crowd would be too great. This saucer could have been a "gift of the Gods" if you will, and the character who emerges could be a biometric robot used for the show.

Maybe they wanted to make a test, to see how the public would react?

I'll be watching the 2012 Olympics; it's coming up soon.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I remember watching this, it was the close of the 84 olympics, there was the 'ufo' that landed outside the arena, and an 'alien' that addressed the crowd
This was done very Close Encounters of the Third Kind-esque

[edit on 12/7/10 by HomerinNC]

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I have never heard of this! How the heck did i miss it. I'm thinking about the technology and special effects they had back in 1994 and do not know how they could have pulled this off. Also i have been trying to research it and you would think the people who made the craft or participated in the hoax would talk but i cant find any info anywhere. If you can please link to me.
thanks

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

You ask who is responsible for the 1984 space ship? The answer is quite simple, Disney legend BOB GURR. He is the nicest guy you will ever meet and happy to always answer questions.

top topics

join