It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Encounter with a Ghost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Last summer in the middle of July i was walking my dog Casey back to my house. I took the short cut threw the graveyard i live by as always when we come back. But this time it was different when i was in the middle of the grave yard i sensed i was being watched and turned around, but i saw nothing. I looked at my dog and he appeared to be looking around too like he also sensed he was being watched.

After about two seconds of standing here with my dog looking around i felt a sudden chill on the back of my neck unnaturally cold. The chill couldnt have been from the wind because if it was wind then my hair would by blowing but it wasnt and neither were the trees around my dog and I. My dog started growling and looking around frantically. Then I felt something touch my left shoulder but there was nothing there. I was really scared and my dog who was just growling was whimpering at my feet. I ran home as fast as i can with my dog right next to me.

My question is: Was this a ghostly encounter or something else? Why did this happen only that night and not all of the other nights i walked threw that same graveyard?

If someone can answer these questions then it would be much appreciated!

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
oh and i forgot to mention that my dog is frightened to go threw the graveyard or even close to it now even if i pull him there he retaliates and uses all of his strength to go the other way

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If it weren't for the dog, I'd say it was either your imagination or something unnatural. But if the dog really felt it and now doesn't wanna got thru the graveyard, chances of something unnatural causing this, are more likely.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
please other people comment my post!! i really want to know what happened and why it happened to me and if it is a ghost what kind of ghost?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I would say it was your imagination, but if your dog is frightened, maybe it
really is a spirit. Why did it happen to you? Probably because you were
there. What kind of ghost is it? Most likely an evil spirit who followed you home
and is now going to haunt you severely.
j\k again...Your story reminds me of the all the spooky little rural graveyards I saw
this past summer. I was working on a construction project way off the beaten track.
Those little country cemetaries are all over the place.

Here are a couple links I found on types of ghosts:

www.askyewolfe.com...

www.theunexplained.net...

If it was me, I'd probably go back and visit the graveyard, but then I've always been a daring soul. Let us know what happens if you do go back!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Well it wasnt one thing that was following you..it was a group of "them"..
Theyre curious as to why youre there....

They thought that you could see them...

and now i am going to be ridiculed...

[edit on 13-11-2007 by hot_acacia]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cryptidhunterfosho

Hey there, sounds like you were suitably 'freaked-out' by this incident ... but try not to worry too much, 9 times out of 10, spirits are harmless and are usually more curious than malevalent (of course there is always the exception to the rule. And churchyards have such a diversity of activity because of the diversity in the people that were buried there.

People in spirit tend to have the same characteristics as when they were alive ...if they were good people in life, they don't become evil entities in death
thats why you can never be certain of what you might come across in a churchyard, if you get my meaning. If you think about it (in our current global environment there are many of the living that make us feel uneasy, enough for us to cross the road, in an effort to avoid contact with them!

As some of the other posts have said, the fact that the dog reacted makes your incident convincing ... but always remember ... imagination is a wonderous thing

I saw my first fully manifested spirit when I was 3yrs old (obviously I didn't realize that's what he was at the time so I wasn't frightened by him). And my most recent encounter with spirit was yesterday, when I was asked to visit a house where the owners 3yr old daughter was upset by 'the old lady who came out of the wall and shouted at her' ! And there have been countless incidents in between.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is this;

If the prospect of going through/near the churchyard again scares the bejeezus out of you, then avoid going there if you can (there could be something untowards there ... but dogs tend to have the same reaction to all spirit activity good/bad/indifferent). What time of day did this happen ?

I'm going to start a thread about some of the places I've been asked to investigate and clear of their spiritual residents ... you'd be suprised how many people decide to leave the spirit alone once they've discovered it's history and realize it's not ut to get them lol.

I personally have lived side by side (very happily) with spirits at a couple of my homes ... including the place I live now
so best advise I can give is 'don't be scared ... be careful' and protect yourself with white light (or your spirit-guide's help if you are aware of it ... even if you're not aware of it you can still ask ... your request will not go unheard).

Bright Blessings. woodwytch

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Cemetary experience

I suppose it goes without saying that being in a graveyard does tend to heighten the imagination. The atmosphere ( certainly as darkness falls )adds an extra dimension to the experience.
Sounds, wind, and other factors tend to filter into the mind. The subconscious attempts to clarify (or magnify) anything that the senses detect. In short, the scene is set for the imagination to go into top gear.

Your canine companion however has greater instincts to detect what you cannot. Knowing and watching the reaction of your dog is a reliable way of assessing if an unseen manifestation is active. Your dogs body language and reaction(s) are more accurate than your instincts.
You may have encountered a curious spirit/ghost/entity - or not.
That is for you to ponder.
Return to the scene again with your faithfull friend and report back anything pertinent.
'Lightening' may strike twice in this instance, but if you don't go you may never know & take a camera

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Encounters with the dead ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

new topics

top topics

join