It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Rooms and masonic 2nd floors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Do they hold that much in common?
I once heard they are very similar.
I know they are both windowless and some seating can be similar. GM and judge, What else anything?

I see many things in the Judaical system based after Jewish systems but than again i have seen claims of freemasonry and Judaism having similar attributes.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hello

Sounds interesting. Give us the example of how you heard they are similar and we will discuss them.

There is a lot of Judaism talked about in the ritual in terms of biblical places and people. Some of the appendant degrees talk more of it and are very interesting.

I could think that there are many instances that one would find to bridge the two.

Cory

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Interesting topic. It wasn't until I listened to a few interviews with Jordan Maxwell that I began to understand the Masonic influences on society. I imagine that if you looked into this topic within Maxwell's research on Freemasonic symbols you'd find something. Since I became familiar with him, I look at all things differently now.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tekheletorah

I've never heard this one before. Please tell us more.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tekheletorah

Our laws are based off of Judaic Christian culture and beliefs, thus our judicial system and even our government hold much in common with both religions.

Do they hold that much in common?

Hmm.. no not really..

Windowless, yes.

second floor? No. My lodge room is on a second floor, but many buildings only have one floor, my building happens to be as tall as a seven story building.

Seating?

in a court room all face the judge.

In Masonry all face the center of the room, with benches lining the walls. The Worshipful sits in the East of the room. All lodges are aligned East to west.

Garb -- IE black robe. Nothing similar .. our Worshipful wears a suit. We all do actually, no robes. -- so many people I know think we wear robes and wigs. I never honestly understood why. Especially wigs?

One thing that our Judicial branch DID copy from Masonry is the gavel .. that actually started out as Masonic but judges started using it as well.

At one time in our nation, 1 out of 5 men where Masons.

We have a secretary to take minutes, the courts use a scribe to record everything said.

I don't know what else they would have in common to tell you the truth..

We use Judaism as an allegory to get the meaning of our teachings across, Christianity is somewhat used, more so in the York rite of Masonry. Masonry is a democratic society, and I think it is safe to say Masonry influenced the founding of this nation and the way it was set up a good deal. That does not mean the US is Masonic, it just means it was touched by the philosophies prevalent in intellectual circles of the day.

I hope that answered some of what you where seeking.

top topics

join