It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with the skull already..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ok skul and bones fine
3rd degree skull

The lost tomb of Jesus states there was a skull or three in the tomb.

Templars had a skull of maybe Saint John
Masonry lodges always dedicated to St John one or both

Skull and Bones simply love the skull

The point within in the circle; The parallel lines around the circle are each one of the St Johns. Saying there is more to be said about the circle and the point...maybe

Da Vinci paint if Baby John kissing Jesus hints at something. (no skull present)
Jesus dies in the land of skulls? Forget the Hebrew name..

What do you think of the skull? Is it just a Skull?

Is the Skull just the fascination of death and afterlife or more? The more I hear of it it seems like there is more to it. I kind of get a natural feeling of thought that some people have some sort of benefit of other people's belief in death. Like if they get you to believe it happens one way or another, they gain. that may sound odd not explaining how I got to that thought but I can't explain.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
A good article to read is here

External Article

basically it reminds us of or mortality and we ae all accountable for our actions.

Cory

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Nice read Cory, thanks!

I think its to show that it is "for life" You are in the order. I know of orders that when people drop out, You are like dead to the order.
You cant join again, and if they have any doucumentation on You it will be marked as if You are dead, with a skull.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tekheletorah
Jesus dies in the land of skulls? Forget the Hebrew name...

Golgotha = "The Place of a Skull" or something similar.

According to legend, the cross stood on the spot where Adam's skull was buried.

See Manly P. Hall's The Secret Teachings of All Ages.

Skull in Masonry = Mortality. A reminder that death is a part of life. Nothing sinister.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
There are religions including the Catholic religion and the Hindus that believe mystical power can be gained by the possession of the bones and skulls of humans. It is a way of evoking the powers of the human spirit that once presided in those remains.

In the Catholic Church, the bones of Saints and martyrs are thought to have miraculous powers.

The Hindus rub the ashes of cremated bodies on there skin in the hopes of harnessing the spirit of the deceased. A certain sect of Hindus also collect human skulls and use them to eat and drink from with the same idea that they gain extra spiritual powers from the passed soul. Supposedly, in the hindu religion, it is not a good thing for the person or soul that is being harnessed by the Shaman.

In terms of satanic ritual - I believe they exercise basically the same philosophy.

As far as Skull and Bones goes, I have a fascinating new theory on their obsession with skulls in this thread

[edit on 14-11-2007 by CyberTruth]

join