It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy MOD Appreciation Day!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

just for the record i think this is the biggest ass kissing topic on ATS
hence my previous reply, just to make it clear

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Yeah, I think that message was easily ciphered.

Members man, you guys have it tough. Your either a "mod hater" or an "ass kisser". There are no two ways about it. Can someone actually express their appreciation without being viewed as a brown noser?

...Maybe next year!

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

i will give you a long reply in the morning on what i think a ass kisser is
and how define them,

in short someone that will just about do anything to get into a mods good book, example this topic,

but right now my laptop battery is at 5% so it will die any sec

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Hey, I'm the one that labeled it an "ass kiss of epic proportion"

Give credit where it's due amigo hahahahaha

j/k bodrul.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
That would be...

Originally posted by SimiusDei
Mods need a little love to.

Well, all mods except Mirthful. Mirthful is the devil and thus, doesn't want or need love.

Monkey Devil, which is a position much like Robot Devil. As for love, no... Just some fire and brimstone with a touch of sulphur and I'm good to go...

Just wanted to clear that up.

Devil Monkeys, not just for sympathy anymore...

[edit on 11/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
MOD Appreciation Day?
i refuse to take part in this farce

May the "farce" be with you , young Webwalker..

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wait a Minute!!!!!

I did not know I was going to get something for this thread....

Come on MODS, what do I get?????

I'll take money, gift certificates or at least discount coupons....

If this is a "Butt" kissing thread and I started it (Which I did) then I fully expect something for me "Butt" kissing...

How about 3 free passes to Disney????

Something...

Anything....

More seriously now...

It is a sad state of affairs when one person can not appreciate someone and make that appreciation known, without some snide remark about "Butt" kissing...

I mean really... What is it I am supposed to gain from this? Other than the satisfaction of showing some appreciation to a group that goes all year with little or no appreciation from the very members they volunteer to help each and every day...

I can be appreciative..
I can be nice...

And not expect compensation...

"Integrity" : "The act of doing what is right."
"Honor" : Doing what is right, knowing no one will ever know."

Semper

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well MODS, your day is almost over, here on the East Coast anyway...

I hope that most of you had a day without drama or need to exercise any uncomfortable actions...

I know that "all" of you didn't have that luxury just by reading the boards, but maybe a few did...

One last time before I sign off, I salute you for your tireless service to keep this, our board, functional and hands down the finest site on the net...

Thank You

Semperfortis

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
They all most made it semp.

They were thissssss close.

as chissler said...

maybe next year

:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Happy Mod Day to all Mods!

Having you around....Makes me feel good.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Awww, I missed it. I have been so busy.

Anyways, Happy Mod day. Hope yall had a great one.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

with all due respect this is a ass kissing thread
this topic is basocaly centerd around kissing up to mods
here. some may see it diffrent and some will see it my way

this is the 2nd topic by you in one week on this subject
thats one hint that i get your trying to kiss up.

thats how i see it

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Seeing that they get their asses kicked so often (especially when they kick ass), it is only appropriate to balance this out by some ass kissing once in awhile.

Showing appreciation for a website and its administrators is a good thing. Assuming that we are showing appreciation in order to receive benefits is nonsense. What benefits am I supposed to get out of this? ATS-points? Hardly an incentive. Some people simply acknowledge others work for the sake of acknowledgement.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

thats how i see it

Completely understood...

And

Not unexpected, at least by some few on here. The idea that some few would see this the way that you have is accepted when dealing with this large a site. There will always be a few...

Life is like that, I am very used to it, in my job I deal with all sorts all day, so no problem at all...

The only real "problem" if you want to call it that, is the need to post contrary to others that are all having a good time on a thread. Some feel an apparent overwhelming need to disrupt or "rain on others parade" as it were. Of course those same people will deny that need, and yet, there it is, the proof right here in this thread..

So, again, no problem, there is plenty of "good" out there to combat the same amount of continuous negativity, we will be fine...

Cheers...

Semper

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks guys... know that ATS appreciates each and every one of you as well...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Hey bodrul.

I hate to do this, but the fact of the matter is.. this comes up every time a member says anything good about a staff member. There was an image floating around the board for awhile there as well, that was used every single time someone praised a staff member.

Yes, some members will see it how they want. But they are the members who are naive enough to think that it will actually get them somewhere.

Does anyone actually think that gratuitously praising the staff is putting them in our back pocket? Do anyone actually think that?

Don't get me wrong, the gesture is appreciated. Anyone who takes the time to appreciate what we do is deserving of a genuine thank you. But that's as far as it goes.

Kissing our butt isn't going to give them a get out of jail free card, or put them on the path to modship. But it is a gesture that we do appreciate.

Now bodrul, you disagree with this. So why even respond? Why make the effort to even post? Because you have the same desires as the members you try to fault. Be honest here, you criticize those that you think kiss butt. But your speaking out against it is what? Is it not self serving as well? Your post, what did it do? This is not a slight against you, but it was self serving.

So is that not the same thing as what your faulting semper for? You want him for a self-serving post, but yours was self-serving as well. Just in a different way.

We're all one in the same bro.

But I do not deny that you have a point. There have been members in the past that just flock to staff members and just kiss butt all day long. They spend more time sucking up to the staff than they do posting. They exist, we know it. But stereotyping any member who has something good to say isn't really justified. semper, and the members replying to this thread, are good members who actually have something nice to say. There is no harm in that.

Anyhoo, we're all self-serving at heart.. as it is human nature. So let's not fault one another for it.

So take care, stay strong, keeping smiling, yadda.. yadda yadda.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
One day isn't enough....

I vote for Mod Appreciation Week...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I may not show it
but i do have respect for you chaps

(maybe not one but thats only one

and thats mostly because that persons let the Mod powers get to their head)

you have to put up with crap and others like me.

and to be honest i dont know why i replied (must have been the late night and me feeling in a ranty mood and this topic looked good to crash )

anyhow just so you know, i have nothing against you guys at all

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Understood mate. Loud and clear.

But the point I am trying to address is one that continues to rear it's ugly head. It's not about personal issues among any one individual and any staff member.

It's about how members fault other members for their self serving butt kissing, but over look the self serving aspect that comes with speaking out against anything they can.

It's all one in the same really.

We're all in the same boat.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So is it a day or a week....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join