It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H2OCLH3TZC?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The point is that there's no real H2O out there. The water we are drinking comes with many other minerals and metals, chlorine or other additives like salt or something else. So whatever happened to good old fashioned H2O? and will we ever get any good water to drink? I'm sticking to bottled water from the Alps or from the rockies. Water is life, water is health. and so, our water resources are getting shorter and people are not getting enough oxigen in their water. and when we do, we get water with Salt, or some chemical added to it and it's not even on the labels. We haven't had rain here in San Diego, for what feels like forever. What I'm trying to say, I think there will come a time when we wont have anymore clean water to drink. it will look something like H2O3PZTPDYW3ENS6DTRW7A! water with dirt.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Easy explained; if you drink more than a liter of pure H20 without any minerals, you die.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I'm sticking to bottled water from the Alps or from the rockies.

You do realize that bottled water from the Alps or whatever mountain you choose contains dissolved minerals, right? If you want absolutely pure H2O with no added preservatives, you look for distilled water.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
H2O3PZTPDYW3ENS6DTRW7A! water with dirt.

Now H2O3PZTPDYW3ENS6DTRW7A I can handle, but I won't stand for dirt!

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Evian has lingering amounts of radiation from a certain nuclear disaster in the 80's.
Also, I have always wondered if you couldn't just get a tank of O2 and a tank of H and mix them together. Expensive and not good at all for mass prodution, but would it work?
Thain Esh Kelch, why would you die if you drank more than 1L of H2O?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I thought bottled water from the alps and such
was just a fancy name for bottled tap water.

I read in the paper that pepsi has to put that on the label now
because of what it really is.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Also, I have always wondered if you couldn't just get a tank of O2 and a tank of H and mix them together. Expensive and not good at all for mass prodution, but would it work?

It would work, but it's also dangerously explosive. Cheaper and safer to just boil water and condense the vapour.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

yeah alot of the bottled water is just tap water like dassani and aquafina, but some does come from natural springs and other sources that sound healthy.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Beware of water filtration as well, yes it gets rid of bad things, but also filters out all thats good in water.

Spring water unfiltered is best.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Distilled water is no good if the source contains chemicals that vaporize @ or below 212F.
For best taste ( no taste actually ) I like distilled water run through a carbon filtration system.
But I only waste the time if I am making very expensive coffee.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
it's been a while since I took chemistry in HS. That was like 15 years ago I think. but hey, I heard that water now lacks oxigen and that could be due to the process and water with not enough oxigen drags you down and that could be why today people have depression and lack of interests. because they are not getting enough natural water and water is so important.

but good news today in san diego it rained! hadn't for about 6 months or so..so that's good news, odd that I started this thread today and it rained isn't?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I’ll tell you something about bottled water. A lot of us who dive here in Florida refuse to drink it because Zephyrhills and other bottled water companies are pumping out our aquifer and destroying our natural springs. The citizens of this area are under constant water restrictions and drought conditions, yet we are sending our water all over the world in little plastic bottles. Then you have Coke, who got caught pumping water out of the Thames River, which is about the most polluted water on the planet, then filtering it to make Avion.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   

The point is that there's no real H2O out there. The water we are drinking comes with many other minerals and metals, chlorine or other additives like salt or something else.

There is plenty of H2O out there. No matter what rubbish is dissolved in water, it remains H2O.

I'm sticking to bottled water from the Alps or from the rockies. Water is life, water is health. and so, our water resources are getting shorter and people are not getting enough oxigen in their water. and when we do, we get water with Salt

All water on earth always has and always will contain impurities, unless distilled.

That "pure" water you hark on about from the mountains has tons of minerals in it. Your body needs them to live.

Then you have Coke, who got caught pumping water out of the Thames River, which is about the most polluted water on the planet, then filtering it to make Avion.

Quite incorrect, on several points.

Firstly, Coca-Cola were caught using tap water supplied by Thames Water, which is not the same as getting water from the Thames itself.

Aside from the fact that as tap water it would have been cleansed, Thames Water draw much of their supply from standing reservoirs.

Also, the product in question that Coca-Cola were making was called Dasani, not Avion.

that said, what Coke did was not illegal, as if people want to pay 100 times more than necessary for tap water, they can. What caused the problem was coke added chemicals for "taste profile". These included calcium chloride, containing bromide, which is a carcinogen.

And your comment about the Thames itself being the most polluted water on the planet is utter rubbish. the river itself is remarkably clean, even as it passes through London. I really wish people would learn to think before opening their mouths and spouting off rubbish like this. It just displays complete ignorance.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Can you make the water the same way as it was originally developed on Earth?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Can you make the water the same way as it was originally developed on Earth?

Eh?

Elaborate please.....

All water is composed of is 2 hydrogen atoms and a single oxygen atom.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I have tried free water and 9dollar per bottle water and they all taste the same

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I prefer water that's been stained brown by peat

It's a falacy that 'water' is the same as H2O. Whilst H2O is the main component of water, it always contains of a myriad of trace elements and minerals - many of which we need to live. The exception, as already noted, being distilled water which, if properly distilled under lab conditions, will be pure H2O. Wouldn't want to drink it though .....

I'd never buy bottled water - why pay for what is free? In the UK, a popular bottle water is Malvern Spring Water. Guess what? If you visit the Malverns you can drink the water straight out of the springs for free (as I've often done)

As for Highland Spring Water - if you live in the Scottish Highlands chances are that's what comes out of your tap (albeit stained brown by peat in some areas).

Bottle water is just a big scam.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Aside from the fact that as tap water it would have been cleansed, Thames Water draw much of their supply from standing reservoirs.

Also, the product in question that Coca-Cola were making was called Dasani, not Avion.

that said, what Coke did was not illegal, as if people want to pay 100 times more than necessary for tap water, they can. What caused the problem was coke added chemicals for "taste profile". These included calcium chloride, containing bromide, which is a carcinogen.

And your comment about the Thames itself being the most polluted water on the planet is utter rubbish. the river itself is remarkably clean, even as it passes through London. I really wish people would learn to think before opening their mouths and spouting off rubbish like this. It just displays complete ignorance.

Yeah I learned all of that in a thread on this site called ATS….
(well, minus the Avion-desani thing which was just me not caring enough to look it up)
Maybe I should have considered the source first.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
It's a falacy that 'water' is the same as H2O. Whilst H2O is the main component of water, it always contains of a myriad of trace elements and minerals - many of which we need to live. The exception, as already noted, being distilled water which, if properly distilled under lab conditions, will be pure H2O. Wouldn't want to drink it though .....

Quite the contrary. It is a fallacy to think Water is anything but H2O. Anything else that is dissolved within it is impurities. It isn't an actual part of the water though, just suspended in it.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Well, I know some people think bottled water is a scam..but you wouldn't see me drinking from tap anymore. I used to do that and it got me sick. Also here in san diego, there was a case where people in a business park were drinking water that said it was ok, but was really sewage water, a recycled from crap and the city found the error. they got sued and the tenants always complained of being sick.

I pay $1.50 for a bottle a day here at work. but sometimes we get lots of waltons or arrowhead water from walmart, but I would prefer to drink Avian or something more french. it would be different if I lived by a fresh stream river, but unfortunaly in the city water is not healthy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join