It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon conspiracies - Chang'e 1 Mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Before we start: I know there is another similar thread to this already on this board, but it's 118 pages long! I thought it would be nice to have a discussion specifically on this mission and peoples views on what the mission may bring
. If this is posted in the wrong place then please move it!

Reason for posting:

Well I have been reading a lot about the whole Moon Civilization thing recently, both of views of Alien Civilization and others views on NASA having stations on the moon. Also ideas that the US have been warned to stay off the moon. Recent topics have brought up (in general) the idea of things being visible on satellite photos of the moon.

Chang'e 1 Mission:

As we all (probably all!) know, China has sent the Chang'e 1 Satellite out which will have a lot better image technology on it, they plan to get a full picture of the moons surface over the next year (much like Google Earth?). The Japanese mission LUNAR-A failed to go ahead due to potential faults in its thrusters, of which some of the points are going to be used on a Russian mission (Luna-Glob) which is due to be launched in 2012.

Ext Link: Chang'e 1

The first pictures of the Moon will be relayed in late November. The mission is scheduled to continue for a year.

The "Orbiting (Chang’e-1)" phase of the program has four major goals:

1. Drawing "pictures" of the Moon and obtaining three-dimensional images of the lunar surface. Dividing the basic landforms and structures of the lunar surface and initially making outline graphs of lunar geology and structures, so as to provide a reference and basis for later soft landings. The orbit of Chang'e 1 around the Moon will provide complete coverage, including areas near the north and south poles not covered by previous missions.
2. Probing useful elements on the Moon surface and analyzing the elements and materials, primarily making maps of the distribution of various elements on the Moon's surface. China hopes to expand the number of the useful elements to 14 (potassium (K), thorium (Th), uranium (U), oxygen (O), silicon (Si), magnesium (Mg), aluminum (Al), calcium (Ca), tellurium (Te), titanium (Ti), sodium (Na), manganese (Mn), chromium (Cr), and lanthanum (La)),[4] compared with the 10 elements (K, U, Th, Fe (iron), Ti, O, Si, Al, Mg, and Ca)[5] previously probed by the NASA's Lunar Prospector, and will conduct an overall prospect evaluation on some useful resources on the Moon's surface.
3. Probing the features of lunar soil and evaluating its depth, as well as the amount of helium-3 (³He) resources.[citation needed]
4. Probing the space environment between 40,000 km and 400,000 km from the Earth, recording data on the primitive solar wind and studying the impact of solar activity on the Earth and the Moon.

Will this mission rid this conspiracy over civilization on the moon, also the conspiracy that the US has been warned off the moon. I find it really interesting that other countries are interested in finding out more things for themselves, especially where space is concerned. This mission will help both for scientific views but also will (or may!) resolve current conspiracies being talked about right now. I thought now would be a good time to post this as it's getting towards some type of Image relaying. I would guess if they find anything significant it will be shown more so earlier than later (near the end of the mission).

Interesting CNSA Link: here

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Right now, politically, China is mildly threatening the US in various ways. It's in their best interest to make America look bad or less than competent. I think if they found anything at all that could make it look like NASA did a cover up, they would trumpet it long and loud.

And because of this, we have a window of opportunity to gain useful information, if it's there.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zemouk
... China has sent the Chang'e 1 Satellite out which will have a lot better image technology on it, they plan to get a full picture of the moons surface over the next year (much like Google Earth?)....

The camera's resolution on Chang'e 1 will not produce pictures as Google Earth's HI-res pictures. The resolution of the Chinese Probe's camera is about 100 meters. Google Earth achieves much higher resoultions (less than a few meters in some cases) by using pictures taken from airplanes, not only satellite imagery.

Having said that, the photos from Chang'e should be some of the best we ever got from orbit. The Apollo missions got some great photo's too, but Chang'e should be able to provide some Hi-Res pictures from orbit that will add context to the Apollo photos.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Thanks for putting what we can expect, at least in the area of quality, into context. Now we can sit back and see if the pictures deliver.

This may be one of our better chances to see something worthwhile, at least as far as "disclosure" material goes. I'm sure we will see images of great scientific iinterest.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, I found a interesting video too

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Right now, politically, China is mildly threatening the US in various ways. It's in their best interest to make America look bad or less than competent. I think if they found anything at all that could make it look like NASA did a cover up, they would trumpet it long and loud.

And because of this, we have a window of opportunity to gain useful information, if it's there.
Threatening US in various ways.. care to elaborate, how ? Is China not allowed to defend herself ? Why is the United States of America, claiming military dominance in China's door step, and says that China is a threat and destablising her own region. Even flying Spy planes off the 12 mile line (They still does it today), and saying it is a peaceful transit thru their EEZ. All US allies in the region, have better and more sophisticated arms, AC and ships, and has a higher defense budget for decades than China... and military bases ? Only in this couple of years did China increased her Budget to upgrade and replace vastly out-dated equipment and vehicles. Financing insurgency in XinJiang and seperatist in Tibet.

As far as I understand, it's the other way round. US, has of far, has been trying to make China looked bad, every chance she got, for as long as I can remember.

And about the Chang'E 1,

The Chinese has been shrewed merchant for thousands of years. If the Chinese found that the Apollo landing is fraud.. they will use it to pressure the US to ease off their everlasting 'China Threat' propaganda sting. And it's already showing signs..

First.. this curious news

Pictures by Chang'e-1 not to show U.S. astronauts' footprints on moon.
news.xinhuanet.com...

But, why just the foot print.. how about the flag that was planted? The entire landing site - The rover, the landing/launching platform left behind or the tracks the lunar rover made ? These things can be taken and seen.. resolution not withstanding.

Wonder whether Gen. Gates recent China visits with all smiles and fake friendship has anything to do with it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
mobydog I think you took way too much from to NGC2736's post. And I'm no expert on the matter but I'm not sure the probe can even resolve the things you mentioned.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mobydog

Without getting too far off topic, I meant that China is Talking of dropping a lot of US dollars, which is threatening economically to the US. But really, China and the US need each other too much for one to harm the other too bad, IMO.

But, giving the US a black eye by releasing something that NASA either missed or covered up, would be a big point for China. And we would really be the winners here.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by mobydog

Without getting too far off topic, I meant that China is Talking of dropping a lot of US dollars, which is threatening economically to the US. But really, China and the US need each other too much for one to harm the other too bad, IMO.

But, giving the US a black eye by releasing something that NASA either missed or covered up, would be a big point for China. And we would really be the winners here.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by NGC2736]
While I agree that US and China economy is interwined, but in a business point of view. Why would China hold on to the huge and ever increasing amt of depreciating fiat dollar in their reserve? Many countries are doing/thinking of doing the same thing ? I would too. Euro is the in-thing these days.

16kram,

One of Chang'e 1 mission is to map the moon surface.. I'll be surprise if they couldn't pick out past human activities on a patch of moon's real estate, not just the flag, rover or lander... resolution not withstanding.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

16kram,

One of Chang'e 1 mission is to map the moon surface.. I'll be surprise if they couldn't pick out past human activities on a patch of moon's real estate, not just the flag, rover or lander... resolution not withstanding.

Well I guess we will have to see but I have my doubts that the imager is better than for example the Japanese probe's Terrain Imager - could be but the Chinese probably won't disclose what the resolution is. From what I understand it would need to be able to resolve at least at 4 meters to be able to see even the long shadows of the lander.

top topics

join