It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking through the Atheist eye

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think it's cool that you wanted to experience what someone different might go through in that situation.

It's important to have respect for the beliefs of others, but so many (like the woman you encountered) seem to have forgotten that.

I was raised Catholic, and went to Catholic schools, and never was I told that I was going to hell, or anything like that. I was pretty open about the things I didn't agree with, too. We had students of all faiths attend the school, and nobody was treated any differently.

I find it truly appalling when I hear stories like the one you shared. If only everyone would be willing to spend a little bit of time walking in someone else's shoes like you did.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
And now for something completely different,ah!
Are you 'Dorksided'?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
i see what you mean about her being a christian and yet using the hellfire and damnation technique. i have spent my life in church since the moment i was born, though am not a christian. but yes, i see what you mean. if people would actually read what they believe and find enlightenment in it, then you would have more new christians, because god gives chances, not judges, like that lady did.

<< 1   >>

join