It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What UFO Hoax Would You Like To Devise?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I thought of one a while back when I lived in a city close to NORAD. It goes like this...

I am playing with my video camera and step out on my balcony which faces Cheyenne Mountain about 1 mile away and catch some vapor trails moving quickly out from behind the mountain and then the object stops. Moves to the left and right a few times and then returns back to dissappear behind the mountain. Of course, I would sound shocked.

Then, I would be on a mission to find out what that was and later, camera in hand, sneak on the mountain and catch secret work on a UFO with a shot of one moving out of a hangar door built into the backside of the mountain.

I figure, the story would go like this: The government moved the UFO research from Area 51 to inside Cheyenne Mountain, which also happens to have rumors that the insides of the mountain has been vastly extended and has tramways to other underground complexes throughout the nation.

I figure there wasn't any big conspiracy theory about NORAD yet and it was ripe for the picking

Then annonymously, but for a price, release it to some desperate jounalist and wait for everyone's imagination to fill in the blanks and watch the theories fly.

I think with all the special effects software today, we are in for the hoax of the century. Of course, something bigger than I just described.

jats

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I remember an Alan Moore comic where a super"hero" faked an alien invasion (and killed three million people in the process), just to fulfill his dreams of world unification. It's totally perverse, but morbidly fascinating.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ohn without doubt we'll see alot more hoaxes and they will keep stepping up a gear each time. As a side effect of the Chad drone and Haiti stuff alot of young 3d guys see it as a way to get 'known' and make an impact now I'm afraid. The change came when posts were made on a couple of 3d forums by people here in hope of getting proof one way or another. All it did was say 'Hey if you do a fake this good people take notice!' So now its started a self perpetuating loop.

Some of them will do it for a 'laugh' or to see if they could do it, while others will do it for more financal motives. You can't belive anything you see in a video or still now as the tech is just to good to all but a trained eye. (and by trained eye I don't mean someone with just a few years experience gdoing game models etc....)

The bigger the whole UFO video thing becomes the more people will find it attractive in one way or another to make a fake video or still. There have been some big updates to what is possible in 3D applications in the last 12 months, and once your typical guy in the street hoaxer learns who to use them correctly (because you can bet as sure as god made little apples that it will happen), things wil get 'interesting.

Thankfully many of us in the field still have enough braincells to realize that makeing fakes would be a bad idea. especially if a person was 'lucky' enough to hit on with something big that later got exposed. My bet is we'll see another one around or before xmas.

Wayne...

[edit on 10/11/2007 by the secret web]

[edit on 10/11/2007 by the secret web]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
To me a hoax is breaking the law and ATS T&C's. I would never hoax a story or video/picture just to get attention. I have six kids and a wife so I get enough attention already. It's wrong, deceitful and only denies yourself to be the real you.

[edit on 11/10/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
To me a hoax is breaking the law and ATS T&C's. I would never hoax a story or video/picture just to get attention. I have six kids and a wife so I get enough attention already. It's wrong, deceitful and only denies yourself to be the real you.

[edit on 11/10/2007 by Solarskye]

Of course. But, it's important to talk about it ahead of time to be prepared. For instance, could the government or a secret society pull a UFO hoax for some purpose? If it's true that the government want's us to fear aliens as an excuse to build space weapons for instance, then it's important to contemplate what your enemy could do to take advantage of the sheep.

You can't fight evil if you refuse to even look at what they can do and get into their mind. It's just a mental exercise and you can stay detached without fear of getting seduced into joining the "dark side".

imo,
jats

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A girl gets abdupted...abdukted...abduckted...oh, forget it!

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Solarskye, discussing possible hoaxes that have yet to occur is not contrary to the ATC Terms and Conditions. I don't see why it would be anyways.

Ideally, there would be a forum dedicated to discussing them, lest you think hearing no evil, seeing no evil, and speaking no evil is the best strategery.

jats

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Other big hoax scenarios:

The Anti-Christ Lives!
Christ Returns!
The Rapture Has Begun!
Alien Invasion!

....and scariest of all:

Muhammed Returns!

jats

new topics