It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS election how to proceeded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have touched on this on a couple of other threads but I think that the topic rates its own thread. So without further a do here is the xpert11 plan to make the ATS election a worthy excise(SP?) . The good news is that it is not to late to salvage the ship.

1. Start the process afresh
  2. The forum must be immune from changes to the T&C
  3. Two FSME who are not mods need to appointed to run the show
  4. Implement the electoral process properly

Given the amount of time that has passed the only sensible thing to do is to start afresh and give anyone a crack who wants to have a go. Yes the staff may baulk at the forum being immune to T&C changes well that's just tough. You cant have the T&C wiping out elements of a candidates platforms and call it a fair election.

There is no point in having the powers that be run the show because they will just get caught up in other matters again. So appoint a couple of FSME to run the ATS election. It is only reasonable that those who are running the show are able to give out applause to those members who make them think or just contribute to the high quality nature of the discussions.

The election process has to be run properly this time around people candidates were choosing there VP before the primary's took place all of which makes the political process self defeating. So either can the primary's or take a stand on this issue.

So if a task isnt going to be done properly why do it at all ?
I would be quiet happy to be one of the FSME . For a number of reasons I wouldn't be able to host podcast debates but that is something that ATS Mix could do a lot better anyway.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The process is being revamped...

New dates, opportunity for new candidates, a debate forum, and the election themselves are all in the works.

We wanted to get past the "Revolution" as it was time intensive for SkepticOverlord and since some of what we will do will require coding, it was not feasible to try and force the revival of campaign 2007.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Will the members who withdrew or were withdrawn have the chance to re enter the race ?
How do we know that the election wont be cast aside again the next time some other event comes along ?

What is the point in holding primary's if candidates have already chosen there VP ?

The powers that be could have delegated to running over the election befire they got caught up in other stuff.
The T&C leaves no other option but to withdraw from the race . I have said my piece and there nothing else I can do or say. I wish those who are still taking part well.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Members that have withdrawn of their own accord, can reinstate their candidacy, those who had their candidacy removed for them, can't.

I'm not sure what a primary has to do with Vice Presidents, but we need to have a primary election to narrow the field (we don't want a President who won with 12% of the vote).

As far as seeing this election through, I'm taking the lead with a few of our other stalwart staff members who will see this through. Real life got in the way of this election, and it sort of fell through the cracks (no excuses being made, just an explanation); I've been tasked with seeing it through, and I shall... The banana stops here...

Truman Monkeys, not just for beating the poo out of Dewey anymore...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I'm not sure what a primary has to do with Vice Presidents, but we need to have a primary election to narrow the field (we don't want a President who won with 12% of the vote).

I apologise in advance if I am wrong in this case.
Doesn't a candidate formal choose there VP after winning there party primary's ?
Back room deals aside that is. See this post for where I am coming from.

Real life got in the way of this election, and it sort of fell through the cracks (no excuses being made, just an explanation); I've been tasked with seeing it through, and I shall... The banana stops here...

Well I accept the explanation and it reinforces my view about AP but that is for another thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

You are assuming a mirror image of the U.S. election process, for the purpose of ATS we've allowed non U.S. citizens, people under the age of 35, and a whole host of political parties that would be on the outside looking in. The selection of Vice Presidents is just another "deviance" from the real world.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I think the idea should be scraped and a completely new campaign begun since the first one was disrupted, lost and forgotten and then brought back into light. Seems like a fresh start would be best, imo.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Mirthful Me thanks for clearing that up I knew that people who aren't Americans could take part because I am one of them but I thought that the political process wasn't going to be differnt.
Rockpuck I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Excellent, I'm excited to get this going again.

I hesitated and missed out on declaring originally, but I won't do that this time. I'm ready to throw my hat into the ring and get started with this.

When do you think this will get geared up?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I think the idea should be scraped and a completely new campaign begun

Seems wise considering the circumstances. Let's reboot.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

the revolution has long Passed,
and still nothing,

just noticed this topic
and i have to agree with xpert on this

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I would enjoy a new election. Here in England we have the ability to create a political party at a whim. For example we have Labour, Conserv; lib dem, cannibis and the monster raving loney party, as well as many many more. In the 2008 election would it be possible to create your own party?

Dorion Gray

new topics

top topics

join