It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Conspiracy - what is this picture?

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Sometime back I bought the Rainbow Conspiracy by Brad and Sherry Steiger. It actually turned out to be one of my favorite UFO reads. It had a few pictures in it but it had particular photograph in it that really could not be explained. When I bought the book, it was before I had full time access to the internet. So me doing a search for it didnt really happen. After awhile I forgot about it, but I did try did try later and came up nil. Perhaps, I wasnt searching correctly or there was still no updated information regarding the picture. Even before I set out to do this post I did a little search (google/ATS) and came up with nothing. I saw Steiger was discussed in some threads, but it mostly pertained to his study of Ghosts. I am putting this thread into Alien/UFO board because this book is in regards to UFO's. Maybe, I'm too late and this pic has been explained, but I'm hoping someone knows that answer or has heard something. Even some new speculation might be fun. When I look at the object, my first thought is either Stargate or $2.00 ride at the state fair (ya know that gyroscope thingy) - I know someone is gonna be thinking it.

I left the caption on so you get word for word what is right out of the book. And that book again is : "The Rainbow Conspiracy" by Brad Steiger and Sherry Hansen Steiger

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
thats a strange picture...im not sure what it is but it kinda looks like a giant stone gyroscope.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Doesn't look like it couldn't've been made by people. Until we get more detail we just don't have enough to go off of.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mentalempire
Doesn't look like it couldn't've been made by people.

Why do you say that? Looks like some form of minig equipment
at first glance.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Spikedmilk, now this is interesting

It's appearance is the one of some mining gear, maybe?
First time that i see it.
Star and flag for you and thank you for sharing it

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
No, THANK YOU! You, made the pic all better and presentable like.

I wonder if theres any way we can blow up the sticker on the side of that dumpster and maybe get a location?
And then we go get ourselves some shovels and commence to some digging. Which brings me to this..why did they re-bury it? My first thought way back when was that perhaps it was radioactive. Food for thought. Thanks again Internos!

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Is that a sticker? I think it might be one of those old-timey voltage meters.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
that thing just screams stargate!
why do you suppose they re-buried it?
where was it found?
i wonder if they built a damm around it.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
it looks like the I-beams and two pipes on either sides have been added for support by the people that dug it up. but what are those counterweight looking things on the sides and under it?
dang this is the best thread i've seen since the miss teen beauty pageant tried to tell us about maps and poor people.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Judging by the size of the jaws in relation to the dumpster, if it is a dumpster, then this thing doesn't have a really wide span. Yet it's built to lift/carry a lot bigger load than there is volume under the arch for.

I don't see alien in this, but I do see strange. What were they trying to move, a mini-black hole?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Now this might raise question, its referencing a dumpster on the left side. What looks to me like a dumpster is on the right of the object, am I mistaken? Thats where I'm seeing the sticker. But I agree, it does look like a voltage meter...

Am I retarded and the dumpster really is the smaller object on the actual left side?
that'd be really intersting cuz then this thing is reallllly huge then.
I's alright, I do laugh at myself sometimes.........

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It looks like some old-type voltmeter or some other measurement device to me too.

And yes, at the both sides, they looks to be modular counterweights, of those in which you can add-remove modules...

+28 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Here we are

Brad And Sherry's
Mystery Machine Identified!
By Jeff Rense
10-27-2

Well, the mystery is solved!
(Or 'sol-ved' as Inspector Clouseau would say.)

Some weeks ago, Brad and Sherry Steiger agreed to allow posting of a strange photo of a mysterious machine or device on the Steiger website at Rense.com. The announcement was made during one of Brad's regular guest appearances on the program and an appeal went out for help in trying to identify the device...if it could be identified at all. Webmaster James Neff did a brilliant job of presenting the image including zooming close-up of four key visible sections of is and a colorized version which added startling depth and dimension to it.

Brad received a number of email from people, offering their view as to what the device might be or where it might have come from. But none were correct.

First, let's take a look at the James Neff's colorized version of the mystery photo...

As many of you know, the photo was given to Brad and Sherry by an acquaintance. Reportedly, this 'machine' was unearthed in the Western US...and then re-buried. The source told Brad and Sherry it was understood there had been several of these 'machines' - perhaps six - all buried at the same general location. From the photo, it appears the area is arid and sandy.

Interestingly, it is said there are strange glyphs over much of the object. Here is a photo of a rubbing of a few of these alleged symbols that Brad and Sherry also posted on their site (most people who view these glyphs recognize many of the characters to be arabic)...

The Sleuth Who Solved The Mystery

Regular rense.com visitor James Carmody saw the picture and heard Brad issue an appeal for help in trying to identify the 'machine' ... is it a human-made object or is it a piece of equipment from elsewhere...or another time, long ago?

Jim has some brilliant friends in the scientific community and sent the link of the picture to them with the challenge:

"So, you engineering guys, what the hell is this??"

In short order, Jim received the following reply from one of his engineer friends:

To: James Carmody
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002

Jim -

Below is copied out of a response from a friend of mine who works at one of the national labs. I have asked if there is any more detail info available. Will let you know if I get more.

(here is what the 'friend' said

"Well, I just happen to know what this is, I look at it every day. It is part of a failed science project LLNL (Lawrence Livermore National Lab) did, called the Magnetic Fusion Project. Your tax payer dollars at work."
____

He "looks at it every day." Hmm...is he seeing the mystery machine itself? Or, perhaps a photo of it?

Jim took went to the LLNL site and found an entry for 'MFE Magnet' on the Lawrence Livermore Timeline page of past projects from the 1980s. www.llnl.gov...

If you click on 'MFE Magnet', the following remarkable answer to the mystery appears...

MFE Magnet

"The Magnetic Fusion Energy Program's huge Yin-Yang magnet was installed in 1981 to produce the strong magnetic field needed for fusion experiments. The fusion reaction releases a large amount of energy that would be used to heat steam and turn conventional electrical generators."

So, Brad and Sherry's mystery machine was a failed, secret program to develop magnetic fusion as alternative energy technology!

Here is the full page explanation of this formerly secret MFE Magnet project:

www.llnl.gov...

Lawrence Livermore Timeline-1980s

MFE Magnet
(Excerpted from: "Swords into Plowshares and Beyond," Science & Technology Review, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, January 2001.)

Another early energy effort was research on magnetic fusion energy. This research had been part of the Laboratory since its founding in 1952 and grew under Director Batzel's directorship. In the magnetic confinement concept, the fuel is trapped in a magnetic force field long enough to achieve fusion. These systems use large electric currents traveling through huge magnet coils to produce the immensely strong magnetic fields needed. The Laboratory experimented with confining the fuel with giant magnets in experiments such as Levitron, Baseball I and II, TMX (Tandem Mirror Experiment), 2XIIB, and MFTF (Mirror Fusion Test Facility), culminating in the MFTF-B, initiated in 1981. The magnet system for MFTF-B was the largest superconducting system ever built. Shortly after the system was completed in 1986, DOE, faced with budget reductions, decided to focus its magnetic fusion energies on a different technology--the tokamak. The Laboratory then became a contributor to the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) project to design and build the world's first full-scale magnetic fusion reactor.

More recently, Livermore fusion energy scientists are revisiting the spheromak concept. A tokamak's magnetic fields are generated by large, external magnetic coils surrounding a doughnut-shaped reactor, with other magnets in the hole in the donut. In the spheromak configuration, the plasma fuel produces some of its own confining magnetic fields, requiring only an external set of coils and making for a much more compact machine capable of producing a higher-temperature and higher-density plasma.

I received this final comment from James Carmody...

"Apparently, it may have been buried to cover up a multi-billion dollar failure..."

Buried in the Western US. Perhaps with several other prototypes.

So, the mystery is no more. The bizarre 'machine' is a perfect example of an exotic, declassified so-called secret 'black' scientific program.

Fascinating to think about the ramifications had the MFE Magnet project been a success. Magnetic Fusion Energy.

But what about those strange 'glyphs' reportedly scrawled on it? Graffiti of some sort? A prank? Time may tell...

My thanks to Brad and Sherry for releasing their photo for posting.

And to Jim Carmody for solving the enigma.

-- Jeff Rense

Sources:
www.rense.com...
www.llnl.gov...

[edit on 10/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This has been a heck of a thread. A crackpot failed government project attached to one of those old-timey voltage meters being passed off as an alien artifact. I can hear the "Dr. Weird" theme music in my head from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

INTERNOS! You ROCK! Thank you! No more night sweats, sleepless nights, daytripping.
All kidding aside, for real - thank you. Your kung fu is .... off the charts. Another scooby mystery solved. I dont even care thats its not alien or weird or whatever. Its figured out and thats cool by me. Now lets get back on that Mars thing right? From now on, I aint googling nothing, I'm Internosizing.
ATS should be proud to have you. Much thanks again!

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mentalempire

Dude, you get a star just making me laugh

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
So this is why our deficit is $10 trillion. If it was for alternative energy, why was it such a secret?

Debunkers, debunkers. Always an answer for everything.

Why on earth would they bury it??

This picture shows up,

and suddenly there is clear picture of it on the internet,

with a comfortable explanation.

I'm not convinced.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
if it was for alternative energy, then thats the reason it was kept secret lol. would the government give up info on sources of energy that would eliminate gasoline??? nooo waayy, they would be out of money. we wont see many energy sources until the current sources we use every day are used up and gone.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
yeah i'm more concerned with the writing on it.

Ancient civ's man! You know like all those 15 000 year old screws and even old metal spheres they find africa? I don't have a link, but its been on this board before, so look it up.

In that same thread someone made mention of some ancient indian text that told of a great indian civilization that explained things like laser, anti-gravity, nuclear bombs and even how a tv works. The guy who posted that information i think even said they quoted from this ancient text when they created the nuclear bomb.

It could be a very modern, magnetic reactor... or remants of a past civilization with technology greater then our own. Given the nature of human beings, I don't find it a stretch to believe we may have gotten very technologically advanced, then annihilated ourselves.

I just find it interesting that it's arabic, hebrew and sanskrit writing, it just reminds me of that ancient artifacts thread.

I really don't know, but that thing looks really cool, whatever it is.

But I think it's a cover-up too. If they were done with it, they should take it apart and make some of their money back by selling it for scrap, or put in a bunker somewhere, not bury it in the dirt. If it is ancient human technology, then they probably have one already, know exactly what is does, and are trying to cover-up the evidence.

The idea of previous human civilizations seriously conflicts with the religious beliefs of a lot of people so I could see why they would bury it, if this were teh case.

Well like I said I don't know what it is, but ancient human artifacts comes to mind. Try to find that thread if you can, better yet i will.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE THREAD

I don't know if that link was the same one I was referring to but it has the same information at first glance.

Oh this interesting.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm going to argue both sides here..

First, that thing on the side of the "dumpster" doesn't look like a meter. Why put a meter there? Also, are we just assuming it's a dumpster? I don't think there's a clear indication that it is one. Not that it really matters, though.

Second, how in the hell was that thing buried? Look at the dirt piled up next to it. That little bit of dirt buried that huge thing? Or is that just dirt from something else?

Third, to me, that looks nothing like the MFE magnet. Look how huge that thing is (the MFE Magnet), then look how small and simple the 'mystery object' is. The mystery object is big, yes. But THAT big? No way.

Fourth, if that's alien technology, I'm not impressed. It looks like a mangled old piece of crap to me. I would think if it was a stargate, they'd do a better job of at least making it look half way decent.

Conclusion: I don't see a stargate here, nor do I see a MFE Magnet here. Yeah, a guy that's a scientist that says he sees this everyday identified it (allegedly), but the size comparisons just don't match up for me. I have no idea what it is or what it's purpose is, but it looks really insignificant to me. I think the grainy black and white and bad color photos are giving it more of a spooky dark evil appearance than there really is.

Just my opinion, though. No facts here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join