It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alledged Ufo Crash Brighton, UK. May 5th 1955

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Does anybody have any more details of a UFO crash in Brighton on May 5th 1955? Apparently, there were bodies recovered. There varying reports of this stating that there were 3-8 bodies retrieved.

The crash is listed in various listings of aledged ufo crashes wordwide, but I have never read any further reports or witness sightings on this matter.

The reason why I am interested is because I am researching this matter...ANY information regarding this case, such as the source of the case would be much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Some report 4 bodies recovered, some report 5?

Try here
www.mod.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Report

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
hey man,

Ive heard of a ufo crash in which 5 supposed alien bodies where recovered in 1955.

To be honest, i heard about this long long ago and found nothing on it.

Ive been into ufology for the past 15 years, studying mainly british sightings but moving onto A51, roswell, pheonix lights and just about any other ufo sighting taking place worldwide in the past 15 years.

If heard nothing of this crash, and i left it at a MOD request to release disclosure on the 1955 crash.

I got the reply from the MOD that they didnt know what i was talking about, fair enough as id had 6th /7th hand testimonies on the subject and the MOD where not gonna play into my hands.

If youve got dates, locations, speculation etc on this case let me know as ive delved into this in the past and got no where.

If true then yep, youve got a uk roswell here.. I still stick with investigating the dechmont law sighting as its still one of the only uk sightings that the MOD / Police have laid as unexplained and the landing site is literally 100 metres from my house.

www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk...'s/dechmont.htlm (copy from 's to get the link, just wont work on ats)

Ive still got sightings going on now for dechmont, and ive seen two craft at that location making headways for the stars.

Ive now got the latest infra red / UV photography equipment at hand so if anything passes dechmont law ill catch it..

( ps the last sighting i had was at a cell site - Mobile phone site, 2 miles from dechmont law... thing was just hovering, then took off like a bat out of hell )..

so im saying cell sites might be some kind of re-charge, who knows.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by zeetroyman]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by christian952
The reason why I am interested is because I am researching this matter...ANY information regarding this case, such as the source of the case would be much appreciated.

Hi Christian952,

I'll check my notes tomorrow, but in the meantime I thought I'd mention that this webpage gives the source of the Brighton "UFO crash" report as being "MARCEN".

"MARCEN" stands for "Maryland Center for Investigation of Unconventional Phenomena".

The same website that gives MARCEN as the source of the Brighton UFO crash information refers to a list of UFO crashes "apparently compiled shortly after [MARCEN's] inception in 1978; they're source: Col. Gernod Darnbyl".

Hope this helps.

It is worth noting that I've come across MARCEN in connection with at least another one or two incidents that are now widely regarded as hoaxes.

I'm not sure if any of MARCEN's publications are available online. This may be worth looking into.

By the way, I've previously come across some discussions that link the Brighton "crash" with Dorothy Kilgallen's well known articles about a ufo crash (but her articles have also been linked with various other crashes/hoaxes).

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Thank You Isaac.

I will look into "MARCEN". This is a great lead. It is inspiring to know that there are other people interested in these subjects, and to such a high level. It is up to people like us to un-earth this information and to bring it to the forefront of public knowledge. Let's not forget that it was the work of such investiigators in the 90's that bought the whole Roswell case to the fore-front of public knowledge.

I live in London (about 18 miles away from the aledged UFO crash site in Brighton). Given the right resources and leads, I am very interested (and adamant) that I can unearth some useful information regarding this matter.

What I am really looking for is a witness, or a family of a witness. I have found information that this crash happened near "Chantonbury ring", which is an ancient site of stone rings and a raised hill in a few acres of grassland/park just north of the Brighton area. The English are a cynical lot - I have a feeling that if this did happen, that the black operations/MOD used this as a cover and debunked this as folklore or mythical. However, quite interestingly enough, there have been several reports of UFO's in the Brighton area, may of them documented on video

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I was just talking with my girlfriend this morning about why I've been a long time reader of the site but never felt the need to post anything. I have alot of interest in most of the topics being discussed but dont really have any valuble information to contribute to the threads. Unfortunatly, nothings changed in regards to information but when I see that there was a possible crash site near to my place of residence, I had to sign up and continue monitoring every speck of information thats found. (The giddy schoolkid in me also wants to visit the location.
)
SO good luck with finding information on this one and although I have no experience in the matter, if theres anything I could help with then just let me know.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disposable_hero
I was just talking with my girlfriend this morning about why I've been a long time reader of the site but never felt the need to post anything. I have alot of interest in most of the topics being discussed but dont really have any valuble information to contribute to the threads. Unfortunatly, nothings changed in regards to information but when I see that there was a possible crash site near to my place of residence, I had to sign up and continue monitoring every speck of information thats found. (The giddy schoolkid in me also wants to visit the location.
)
SO good luck with finding information on this one and although I have no experience in the matter, if theres anything I could help with then just let me know.

You DO have something of much valuable: your OPINION, that you can share with the others here, and which could be precious for someone else.

About the crash, i hope to know more, because it seems to be really interesting....

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Never heard of a Brighton crash. You'd think all the old dears and Gay's there would have noticed something! j/k!

On a side note, just why do these Aliens seem to have a propensity to crash their craft? Are they drunk?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by christian952

Hi Christian952,

I'll check my notes tomorrow, but in the meantime I thought I'd mention that this webpage gives the source of the Brighton "UFO crash" report as being "MARCEN".

"MARCEN" stands for "Maryland Center for Investigation of Unconventional Phenomena".

The same website that gives MARCEN as the source of the Brighton UFO crash information refers to a list of UFO crashes "apparently compiled shortly after [MARCEN's] inception in 1978; they're source: Col. Gernod Darnbyl".

Hope this helps.

It is worth noting that I've come across MARCEN in connection with at least another one or two incidents that are now widely regarded as hoaxes.

I'm not sure if any of MARCEN's publications are available online. This may be worth looking into.

By the way, I've previously come across some discussions that link the Brighton "crash" with Dorothy Kilgallen's well known articles about a ufo crash (but her articles have also been linked with various other crashes/hoaxes).

Kind Regards,

Isaac

I originally posted and started this thread.

Thank you Isaac for your valuable information.

I have been investigating this case for the past few months now and have drawn upon the conclusion that this UFO crash did nothappen in Brighton in 1955.

FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS-

1) I researched "MARCEN". It was dis-banded in the early 90's. They do seem to be the only source of this information. However, there is no back-up/evidence or indeed any source for this information.
With any UFO case, there is usually a source, witness or lead to any case. This case of the alledged Ufo crash has none of these. For example, in the Roswell case, there were so many leads to follow up.
2) There have been cases from "MARCEN" from elsewhere that have been deemed as a hoax or made-up.
3) I have been in touch with a guy called Charles Walker. He has been wandering this area for 21 years now. Chantconbury ring and Clapham Woods are indeed a source of local folklore and strange happenings. There have been at least 6 missing people in the area over the years with some of the bodies being found mutilated. The area is also associated with devil worshipping and animal sacrifices.
Charles investigates ghosts, strange occurrences etc in the area. He knows most of the villagers that reside nearby.
He is an expert in all of these events and has featured in the local and national media concerning events in the area.
Check his links and reports

He assures me that he knows of the longest residing residents of the area. They were living near the woods in 1955 and they know nothing at all about the crash. They do however have several sightings and know of local disapearnaces very well. They do however, seem to remain open-minded as to strange happenings in the area, but they do not know anything of a crash in 1955 - Not even a mention!
It seems that there have been several credible witness sightings of many, many UFO's in this area over the past years- BUT NO CRASH!
With the local, and longest residing family living nearby, and NEVER hearing anything about this, it seems strange that such an alledged occurrence would have bought around some local rumour or knowledge of such an incident.
4) The alleged crash was supossed to be on May 5th 1955 and 5 bodies were recovered (as reported by MARCEN) This gives the numbers ....5-5-55-5 !! All the figures arrive at 5...were they simply adding to an already existent list of apparent other ufo crashes to bulk it out a bit and were going a bit crazy pressing the "5" button on the keyboard? mmm

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by christian952

The UFO crashed in the sea off Brighton, not in Brighton itself.

The craft was recovered by a British aircraft carrier and later transferred to an American ship, both of which were taking part in a NATO exercise in the area.

There is no reason anyone in Brighton would know about it.

Talk to sailors who were serving in the British Navy at the time.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Call local papers in the area. If the old locals are defunct, talk to journalists on existing papers for contacts who might know. Go to the area and knock on doors. Find old people. If they don't remember anything, I'd say it's myth.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So let me get this this straight, there was a possible find of 5 alien bodies found on 05.05.55?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I am remaining annonymous for fear that the aliens will come back and abduct me again. I was taken to their mothership, and observed many smaller craft flying down to Earth.
I heard the aliens talking about one of their ships crashing near Brighton. Five aliens lost their lives - I know this as I attended their funeral on the moon.
The ship crashed in St Nicholas Church Yard, and was quickly covered up by the police, with the help of the vicar and his dog.

I am glad that I have been able to clear up this story for you, and I hope I have ended the rumours.

This is what the aliens looked like.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My family are local and this report is considered to be a FAKE!

www.ufologie.net...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Bump,

Anyhow found it on another site here, apparently listing all the UFO crashes known as such:

1939-46 Spitzenbergen, NORWAY ?
4 July 1947 Roswell, NEW MEXICO 4 Bodies
13 Feb 1948 Aztec, NEW MEXICO 12 Bodies
7 July 1948 MEXICO So.of LAREDO TX 1 Body
1949 Roswell, NEW MEXICO 1 ET Living
1952 Spitzenbergen, NORWAY 2 Bodies
14 Aug 1952 Ely, NEVADA 16 Bodies
10 Sep 1950 Albuquerque, NEW MEXICO 3 Bodies
18 Apr 1953 S.W. ARIZONA No Bodies
20 May 1953 Kingman, ARIZONA 1 Body
19 June 1953 Laredo, TEXAS 4 Bodies
10 July 1953 Johofnisburg S.AFRICA 5 Bodies
13 Oct 1953 Dutton, MONTANA 4 Bodies
5 May 1955 Brighton, ENGLAND 4 Bodies
18 July 1957 Carlsbad, NEW MEXICO 4 Bodies
1961 Timmensdorfer, GERMANY 12 Bodies
12 June 1962 Holloman AFB, NEW MEXICO 2 Bodies
10 Nov 1964 Ft.Riley, KANSAS 9 Bodies
27 Oct 1966 N.W. ARIZONA 1 Body
1966-1968 5 CRASHES IN/KY/OH AREA 3 Bodies Disk Intact
18 July 1972 MORROCO SAHARA DESERT 3 Bodies
10 July 1973 NW ARIZONA 5 Bodies
25 Aug 1974 CHIHUAHUA MEXICO ? Bodies
Disk Intact
12 May 1976 AUSTRALIAN DESERT 4 Bodies
22 June 1977 NW ARIZONA 5 Bodies
5 Apr 1977 SW OHIO 11 Bodies
17 Aug 1977 TOBASCO MEXICO 2 Bodies
May 1978 BOLIVIA No Bodies
Nov 1988 AFGHANISTAN 7 Bodies
May 1989 SOUTH AFRICA 2 ET Living
June 1989 SOUTH AFRICA 2 ET Disk Intact
July 1989 SIBERIA 9 ET Living
2 Sept 1990 Megas Platanos, GREECE ?
Nov 1992 Long Island NY, NEW YORK ?
Worldwide UFO crashes

However Not on that list and another example is "The Welsh Roswell"

UFO enthusiasts called it the "Welsh Roswell" and insisted that one evening in 1974 an alien craft crashed in north Wales and the government secretly removed dead extraterrestrial bodies, the latest files from the National Archives reveal today.
Gaurdian - UFO Files show MOD explanation impossible.

I have never seen very much on the Brighton incident above, though I feel maybe the Anom post may hold some clues as to the locals not seeing it on the land if it "Crashed"

Kind Regards,

Elf

edit on 22-11-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have to admit that I've not heard of this event.. and nor has anyone I know..

Firstly Brighton is more than a seaside resort with many families having strong links with the Seas and I've spoken to many (fishermen/merchantmen and navy guys) and no one from the Adur to the Ouse has heard anything of this event and these are all guys who a) believe with certainty that Aliens exist and b) most have their own Alien encounters to report so I am sure they would devour anything like this and turn it into folklore.

And fishermen/merchantmen really do have a habit of turning anything and everything into folklore.. there is even a ghost fisherman ("Old Strike-a-Light") who comes ashore in Brighton to have a pint

As for Chanctonbury Ring.. there have been a number UFO reports from the area from the 60s to the 80s but nothing I know even in folklore from the 50s.. but it is a known haunt of the pharisees
and said to be the haunt of the old Astologer, Prince Agasicles Syennesis the Carian.. it is said the Prince died in the Ring after tracing on a chart in charcoal the words "Sepeli, ubi cecidi" ("Bury me where I have fallen").

Have spent many a day/night there and to be honest I could believe anything of the site.. spooky indeed

Sorry I couldn't help.. but if anything comes up in conversation (honestly you can't get these guys away from the super natural or UFOs) I'll pass the information over

edit on 22/11/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join