It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC interviews insurgents. Video report.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Are we safer?
NBC news asks this question in a good report from Iraq.
They interview Iraqi men in prison who openly admit to attacking American forces and then go on to interview the director of the center for counterterrorism here in the U.S. in an effort to tell us if we are indeed any safer after 6 full years of a never-ending war.

I cant get the youtube embed to work, but here is a hotlink...
www.youtube.com...

What inspires these people to fight and kill Americans?
Watch and find out, straight from the horses mouth.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by 11Bravo]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Are we safer?

UHHH? Maybe, the fact that they invaded "ILLEGALLY" their country, aim to "ILLEGALLY" remove and control their oil, and slaughter "ILLEGALLY" vast numbers of Iraqi civilians.......Hmmmm,
let me see, wouldn't that make you just a little bit mad, huh?

what if China and Russia combined to invade the USA in a theoretical invasion and began mowing down the suburbs around your cities and patrolling the streets under a martial law scenario......would you sit in your home studying up on how to read chinese and russian and become a good citizen of these new rulers.......or would you attempt to hit them and run at every opportunity you got, hoping to take down as many "invaders" as you could to do your bit, however little for the greater cause of "US Insurgency" ?

Many people do not want to sit back and think for a second, what if? The shoe was on the other foot? Yeah its all good and well being safe at home back in the US and watching "what they show you" on Fox News and the like and thinking, "Hmm, I wonder what posseses these people to fight us?"

Dont take Einstein to work it out mate!

[edit on 10/11/07 by Melbourne_Militia]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Um, no, it doesnt take Einstein to work it out.

This is just a video of those doing the attacking speaking for themselves.... for whatever thats worth.

Did you even watch the video?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Defending their homeland from an invading army. If China invaded the USA, would you NOT pick up a gun?

I will be honest, no I did not. The TRUTHFUL answer to the question is so obvious, the video is irrelevant.
I presume that the video details the opinions of people who have been tortured for many years are therefore very likely to be full of hatred and anger, the precise IMPRESSION certain people want the public to have of these people.

[edit on 10/11/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Are we safer?

UHHH? Maybe, the fact that they invaded "ILLEGALLY" their country, aim to "ILLEGALLY" remove and control their oil, and slaughter "ILLEGALLY" vast numbers of Iraqi civilians.......Hmmmm,
let me see, wouldn't that make you just a little bit mad, huh?

Wow, I could of sworn I've heard TERRORISTS say the same thing before... makes me WONDER?

Okay the ignorance needs to stop. I am a soldier in the U.S. army and have been deployed to Iraq twice. We dont shoot civilians EVER! Matter a fact we go so far out of the way not to shoot civilians sometimes we get killed. We're using iraqs oil to fund the war which will help stop sectarian violence and the insurgency from Iran. If we just took there oil I'm pretty sure gas prices would go down.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by nated]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I didn't watch the video but being videod is enough propaganda for the prisoner to no-doubt involve the words : 'Religion' 'War' 'Jihad' 'Pride' and such.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by amanbuthimself

Wow, nobody wants to watch a 3 minute video.
Anyway, the prisoners they interview all say "we are attacking an invading army" or "we are attacking occupiers of our land".
Not one word of religion or jihad there 'amanbuthimself'.

And they interview the head of the Center for Counter-Terrorism and he says that 'no, we are NOT safer now then before we started this 'War of Terror''.

You really should watch the video and learn something, but I guess if you already know all about 'propaganda' and 'religion' and 'jihad' then a silly little interview with the actual insurgents and the head of our counter-terrorism center isnt going to educate you much huh.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Um, no, it doesnt take Einstein to work it out.
This is just a video of those doing the attacking speaking for themselves.... for whatever thats worth.

Speaking for themselves from the safety of a prison with an interrogator behind the camera holding a inclined board, a rag, and a bucket of water.

Although it is interesting, I might have to wonder if these people are coached at all before the interview.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
excellent report; Americans should understand it is every man's (and some women lol) duty to defend his/her country from imperialism.

The US policy in raq is so blatently imperialist- a puppet govt that they installed whic has no real power, no real iraqi army with a central chain of command-just local lightly armed iraqi militias that work for money, or mercinary, corruption.. virtually no iraqi artilery, air force, armoured units; because the Americans think they will turn on them. defacto administration of the countries infrastructure and natural resources by america and a few other forigners. no way to change that situation because american policies are totally distrusted..

only option is total American withdrawel from the country.

new topics

top topics

join