It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for Raw vegan recipes

page: 1

join
share:
Al

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Anyone have their own recipes they would like to share? I was thinking of cooking for my friend something for his birthday, but something special, not just any old generic Raw Vegan recipe you can find anywhere. Anyone have ideas?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
How to feed a vegan.

+ classic humour!

Enjoy

MonKey

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Thing is, most vegetarian fare that I've tried is pretty bland. The only vegetable-only dishes that I've had that are actually quite nice are from Southeast Asia, mainly because we use a hell lot of different herbs and spices.

Here's a recipe for something in called 'Nasi Kerabu'.

Nasi means cooked rice, and kerabu means vegetable mixture, so this dish means herbed rice salad. It's very good, and would make a nice dish for a potluck or a picnic. We find the original version a little dry, so we've added 4 Tbsp. of vegetable oil to keep the salad nice and moist. You want to serve this at room temperature, so make sure that you leave enough time for the rice, coconut, and fish to cool down completely before mixing everything together.

We should admit that this is a Westernized version of the herb mixture. The herbs that we use are crazy and probably not available in the US. They included long-stemmed mint (daun kesum), Asian pennywort (daun pegaga), aromatic ginger leaf (daun cekur), and wild pepper leaf (daun keduk).

Follow the link for the rest: Nasi Kerabu

The recipe calls for dried fish, but it's not really necessary. I have mine without it, still tastes excellent.

Edit to add second dish:

Here's another local fare called 'Tahu Sumbat' which means "Stuffed Bean Curd"

The recipe can be found here: Stuffed Bean Curd (Tahu Sumbat) with Hot House Cucumber & Organic Lettuce

Delicious! You can serve this as an appetizer to the nasi kerabu main course

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
You can do all sorts of stuff. Raw is a little more difficult, but you aquire a whole new respect for doing things the raw way. I literally live off just plain fruits and vegetables or huge leafy salads with almonds and berries, but there I know a lot of Vegan recipes if you'd want to cook something. I have a few staple recipes as far as raw, if you're curious, throw me a U2U.

Al

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for the interest in my post guys. Southeast asia... ill try some of that sometime, and that Nasi Kerabu actually looks pretty good... but you gotta cook it so it wont do good for him =\

new topics

top topics

join