It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where do you think A-Rod will go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am going to say the Angels... as much as i would like him to be a Met, there are just too many other positions the Mets need to fill, and spending $35 million a year on one player doesn't make sense.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Anybody but the Mets. Or anywhere in the NL East for that matter.(Phillies Phan!!)
I think he might follow Joe Torre to La. Or the angels.
Anybody but the Mets.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jtb2008

Yeah, if i was a phillies fan, i wouldn't want A-rod to go to the mets either.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Red Sox - Dodgers - Angels - Cubs

My question is:

• Why has nobody considered moving him back to short stop?

Red Sox nation is going on about how they don't want him because they want to resign Mike Lowell. True, I'd want to resign Lowell too. But last time I checked, Julio Lugo is not the caliber of short stop that A-Rod is.

So why not use Lugo as trade bait to bolster the bullpen, and bump A-Rod to short stop?

Time will tell. But I'd like to see him in Boston.

• posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:50 PM
    link   
    reply to post by chissler

That is true. I haven't thought about that. Every time i hear about a team interested in him, I check to see if they even need a 3rd baseman

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:38 PM
    link   
    Dodgers, Angels, Boston. THey all have the $$$ to pick him up. I'm thinking BoSox just to spite the Yanks and they need a SS bad.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:44 PM
    link   
    reply to post by chissler

I think, but don't hold me to it, but most teams don't want to move him back to short because of a higher injury risk than 3rd. I can understand this thinking because if I'm going to pay him 300+ million over 10 or so years, I want him to play 155+ games a year, not spend 1/4 of the year on the DL with a busted wrist or something.
    I think I read that somewhere. MLB.com maybe.

If the BoSox don't resign Lowell (say, maybe he decides to sign with the Phils?) they should make a run at him. They have the dollars, and Boston is my AL team.

Like I said before, anyone but the Mets.

top topics

join