It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush and Rice both cast doubt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Now they're all starting to back off of their WMD claims.
I think they're all beginning to realize they had no justification for this war. I'm still surprised they haven't planted any. I really thought that would've happened already. Of course, that might be tough to do right now, without letting any troops (or anyone, for that matter) find out.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Now Bush is playing stupid like he had no idea that the weapons didnt exist in the first place...

Who will he try to shift the blame to next?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
no justification? try all the innocents killed by saddam. you think its so great there why not live there

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Intelligence, of course. It's all their fault.
I think they all realize that, if they don't admit they were wrong, they will be facing some serious charges. At least, this way, it appears that they just made a mistake, instead of actually lying to America.

Man, innocent people are killed every single day in many countries. Don't give me that BS excuse. You don't base wars on that kind of bull#.

[Edited on 1-30-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
There has never been a war in the history of the world that did not have justification to someone. Nor has any war ever been won by a fool.

Who said that everyone had to understand what was going on.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Generally, that's how we Americans do things, or used to. It's a republic, by the people, of the people, and for the people...or it used to be. Unfortunately, the very basis of our governing methods has been perverted beyond recognition. Is that a good enough answer for you, Canadian?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
no justification? try all the innocents killed by saddam. you think its so great there why not live there

Sure it is justification.

Was it the reason the Bush Oligarchy used? NO.

Their justification was that Iraq had WMD, was "a grave and growing threat" to America, and was "a mortal threat" to America.

The simple fact is that our Intel Agencies probally failed us. Either intellegence was flawed, or plain outright wrong.

It is deplorable that a man could commit the atrocities that Saddam commited.

BUT that wasn't the reason given for going to war.

Truth be told, I think that this administration thought of it as a fu*king multiple choice quiz. They picked D when the answer was A and they don't get a chance to change their answer now. Regardless of what excuses Bush and Co. can think of. They've already turned in the test, and it's being graded as we speak.

And it isn't suprising that NOW our "great leader" is wanting the truth. The man had his finger on the trigger, and the FBI/CIA, etc. was feeding him false intel and he was none the wiser.

I would like to think the American People deserve better that that load of horseshyt.

Apparently our president doesn't.

[Edited on 1/30/2004 by JuanBond]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Who said that everyone had to understand what was going on.

I still think we have a right to know why we went to war. The American citizens decide what's next not one single man. The President told us that we were going to war because Iraq/Saddam was posing as a threat to Americans. He based this on intellegence and now that intellegence seems flawed and the American citizens were blatanly lied to. I think everybody wants to know why and we have a right to know why. Bush said that he wants to know the facts, I think he knows the facts already, and I think he knows he screwed up big time and he's still trying to find a way out of it.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
We have to have a right to know why. Otherwise, war really could become big business. This is what I feel has already happened. Bush knew the "intelligence" was not conclusive, and he took an educated guess that they'd find WMD. They all did. Unfortunately, that guess wasn't too educated, and no matter how educated a guess is, it's still a hunch.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Getting rid of that mad man was a good thing to do but EVERYONE knows that if he had remained our allie we would still be selling him the weapons to murder them with

new topics

top topics

join