It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A re-introduction, maybe?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Hey everyone. I used to be pretty active on the site, but had a falling out with some of the management. Hopefully history is history and I can work on rebuilding some bridges I burned down long ago.

Yes, the man from Ypsilanti, I do remember! Welcome back.

I heard you drove SkepticOverlord's Mercedes into the East River after a joyride.

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Not from Ypsilanti, though I did live there for a couple years. I'm from Detroit proper, and I take pride in my city!

Yeah I did take his Mercedes for a joyride, but the bit about driving it into the East River is a fallacy. And that was only after burning down Springer's ranch house and kicking SimonGray in the shins repeatedly. I was a bad kid when I was here last.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Yeah I did take his Mercedes for a joyride, but the bit about driving it into the East River is a fallacy. And that was only after burning down Springer's ranch house and kicking SimonGray in the shins repeatedly. I was a bad kid when I was here last.

Dude, that was totally the night we lost the plans for the Deathstar! Boy was Vader pissed!
I still can't believe you passed it off on the fourth amigo and we got off scot free. Man, that was a night to remember, at least in patches...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Good to see you again, this time maybe you can stick around for a bit longer.

Looking forward to catching you on the boards.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Has anyone seen said Fourth Amigo since that fateful night, anyway? Or is that one of the questions that falls along the lines of "Don't ask, don't tell?"

reply to post by ADVISOR

I'll do my best to stick around. You still living in Michigan, pal?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I figured a re-re-introduction thread would be rather blasé, so why not bump this one up? I've been tooling around the boards a bit the past few days. It's been nice to see some new ideas and familiar faces. The boards really have grown! It's pretty intense to see how it is now.

I've had a lot of time on my hands lately (despite the awesome jobs numbers I found myself in that stinking 7.8%!
), so I've found my way back to familiar places. I got married just over two years ago. We bought a house, not the greatest, but it serves us well. Paid off a lot of bills, finished my BS in Physics, and generally have gotten my financial, personal, and philosophical ducks in a row. I'm actually beginning to feel like a real adult. It's something I never thought would happen, and despite the scariness of it, it's pretty awesome. We somehow got into breeding chinchillas, and now have a thriving home business that we're looking to expand out of the house. I'm still flying, though not as much as I'd like. If you think car gas is expensive look up av gas prices! Also still into amateur astronomy. Haven't bought any new scopes, but still have all the old ones.

That sums up the past couple years, I suppose.

So... Hi, again!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

Welcome back

It was nice seeing you posting in the Detroit thread....brought back memories.

Congrats on being married and a home-owner......and being an adult...although I find it an over-rated state of being

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

Welcome back.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Yeah, I still love this city. We might be moving next year, but this will always be home. My wife is almost done with grad school and Colorado is looking like the best bet for employment for the both of us.

The home ownership has been quite interesting. We bought the house for cash for under $5,000 in mid-2009. We didn't have much money saved up at the time, and both of our credit scores were pretty dismal at the time. The house has definitely been a fixer-upper, and with being on a lower income we (mostly me) have had to learn to fix things on our own. It's been an adventure, that's for sure!

I've redone most of the plumbing and gas lines, finished the basement, upgraded fuses to circuit breakers and run a whole lot of new wiring, replaced the main sewer and storm drains that were buried six feet below the basement and installed a sump pump, pulled up carpet and finished the hardwood floors on the main floor, plumbed a bathroom into the basement, replaced the furnace, water heater and installed central air, built a deck, put up a privacy fence, replaced a few windows... And the list can go on and on and on.

But we've done it for a fraction of the cost of paying for it to be done. So that's a plus! And I can honestly say it felt pretty darned awesome to do these things on my own. It really pushed me to my limits and I learned some new skills. It's kept me pretty occupied for the last couple years!

reply to post by seagull

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join