It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im tired of everyone saying Humans are so bad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
OK im tired of everyone at ATS saying how humans are skum, savages, evil beings etc etc..

I sit and think about it, the majority of people i have met in my life were not evil but good people. Yes ive met my share of trash in our species but ive met more good people than evil ones.

Out of a 6 billion earth population How many people, politicians, inmates, etc etc do you think are generally evil?

Id say 1 billion people are bad TOPS and the number is probably alot lower than that. And alot of them are in power so they can do evil things more easily and make the rest of the human civilization look bad.

So would you throw away a entire dozen eggs if one or two where rotten?

I just think humans get a bad rap esp here on ATS. Most of the general population are good people who cant help what our governments fight over.

If i were a alien looking down on us i would not judge a species on what its governments and certain individuals do. I would look at the general population as a whole and form my opinion on that not just the people in power.

Point is their are way more good humans than bad ones imo so why does everyone here dog humans out?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
you are very very very right!!!

later i will contribute to your post.
it is good to see some people rising up for humanity.

Kacou

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
100% of Adult humans on planet Earth, have the capability for the most enduring love, the most promising assistance and the deepest of respect for their fellow humans and other species.
Those same humans have within them the ability to be the most vile, evil, despicable pieces of filth to ever be seen on any planet.

It is all in the decisions we make.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
lol I would have to agree with you on this one. But one thing you CAN'T deny is that the majority of people are stupid. The may be good people...but the ARE stupid

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ncuncfan2006

If i were a alien looking down on us i would not judge a species on what its governments and certain individuals do. I would look at the general population as a whole and form my opinion on that not just the people in power.

Now an alien would not think as a lowly human thinks. And to think we can think like them is a weakness humans possess when trying to reason there purpose. The alien clearly is superior in technology and knowledge of the mortal properties we humans are so chained down by. With there qualities over ours, we humans are dirt just like the patriarch of dirt in genesis and our creator claimed to be the origin for good and evil.

Humans maybe not whats bad, but unseen forces controlling the human could be.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The fact is that too many people use "the aliens" as a metric for the kind of society they would like us to have. The aliens have found great technology, someone thinks, therefore they must have an advanced society, and therefore they must have embraced my personal policy preferences to get there.

Why can't alien societies be filled with as many scumbags and foibles as ours? In fact, a docile society that has achieved some universal level of peace probably would have never been able to make it into space in the first place because they would have lacked the survival instincts necessary to survive being eaten.

There is no solid proof to posit the type of society that an alien civilization would have.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm reminded of the saying by Jonathan Swift (Gulliver's Travels, etc.) who said, "I hate and detest the animal called Man, but I dearly love John, Paul, etc." I may have mixed the proper names there, but the rest of the quote is accurate. I'm tired of that expression, too. It's almost as if everyone just has to say how bad humans are before they enlighten us with their wisdom. It's right up there with "It's arrogant to think we are the only intelligent species. Most people think this (but, of course, I don't because I'm enlightened.)"

These are 'straw men' and the statements are inaccurate. MOST people do NOT believe we are the only intelligent species. MOST people believe there probably are other intelligent species. They may part company with people here on whether or not those other species have managed to get here, but the basic sentiment is still there. Here's the proof from kleverone on the Larry King thread. This is a cnn poll. So much for MOST people not believeing. It simply is not true.

Do you believe there is extra terrestrial life?
Yes 83% 3913
No 17% 797
Total Votes: 4710

In my opinion, people express these sentiments vociferously because they believe the sentiments are unassailable. We are enlightened; others are not. This is more a political issue than anything, and were the tables turned and these folks were actually in charge, I guarantee you a substantial number of people thinking otherwise would be calling these folks stupid. When a post starts out with "It's arrogant" you know the post itself is.

It's ironic that those sentiments are expressed so often on a board like this, where every unexplained light in the sky is surely an alien spacecraft from another galaxy, where balloons exhibit intelligent control, where garbage can lids become UFOs and moths become alien anchor beings and reptilian shapeshifters have taken over every newsworthy person with a vid on YouTube. To someone else looking in here to see what is going on, the overall sentiment may very well be, "No intelligent life here."

So you might want to use the 'we're all bad, why would aliens..." statement as kind of a marker denoting a post, or even a thread, that may be safely skipped. You've only got so much time, so you need to spend it on threads that are worthwhile.

Good post by togetic--another side of this coin.

edit to add stats.

[edit on 11/10/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
you must look at the natural history of the world,and the countless species man has needlessly destroyed.

need i remind you of the story of the buffalo in early america?

or the dodo?,wiped out to fulfil primitive vanity?

do you know thousands of tigers are being killed just to satisfy fashion for their skins in china!?,we are at the gates of a mass extinction of our own design.

and dont even get me started on the continuously decrepit performance of our governments throughout history,

or how we continuously allow it to happen through apathy and bickering.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by wierdalienshiznit]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I watched a movie the other day called The Man from Earth and found it profound. I don't want to give too much of the movie away.

How you feel about the human animal is the main key. You can only be a good person to those you meet. Loving your fellow man can be contagious, pay it forward is always in my mind. I like your whether you like it or not.

It starts with me.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Around 188 million humans have died because of war.
Government killings.
611,911,000 Murdered: by The Soviet Gulag State
35,236,000 Murdered: by The Comunist Chinese Ant Hill
20,946,000 Murdered: by The Nazi Genocide State
10,214,000 Murdered: by The Depraved Nationlist Regime
5,964,000 Murdered: by Japan's Savage Military
2,035,000 Murdered: by The Khmar Rouge Hell State
1,883,000 Murdered: by Turkey Genocidal Purges
1,670,000 Murdered: by The Vietamese War State
1,585,000 Murdered: by Poland's Ethnic Cleansing
1,503,000 Murdered: by The Pakistani Cutthroat State
1,072,000 Murdered: by Tito's Slaughterhouse
1,663,000 Murdered: by Orwellian North Korea
1,417,000 Murdered: by Barbarous Mexico
1,066,000 Murdered: by Feudal Russia

201,140 Murdered: by United States ( Murder & drunk driving)
( from 2001 to 2007 )

Yeah I'd say because of governments, Regimes and leaders on this earth are pretty evil and humans have killed each other from the beginning to get what they want.

But as far as regular citizens of all the countries in the world, I'd have to say that out weighs the leaders of governments, terrorists, cults, regimes etc.... This is why these people use fear tactics on us good people so they can do their evil deeds. If all these people of the good in this world would stand up from all around the world we could take these bad people down and make this a better world. So the answer to the op's question in my opinion is yes there are people all over this earth that are good and only want peace

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What can you do about it?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's not that we were born evil or bad. We've just been taught that violence is a way of life. If you look at history, those were our most horrific times. People used to gather around to watch someone be executed, it's disgusting. I remember when Saddam Hussein was executed, and I felt as if it was the middle ages all over again with all that cheering.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well I'm sorry but Sadam deserved it. He was given more chances then you would give your own child and he still didn't comply. Like you said though, humans have been trained whether we know it or not. Just do your job and have your so called freedom to watch tv, go to the movies and play your video games and the government will take care of the rest. But if you show up at a government speaking and speak your piece you will get tasered. And the speaker will answer your question while you get halled off to jail. But you still have freedom of speech. Bullsh*t!!!!!

I still believe in humans making a difference and doing good things. I hope the good wins over the bad in the long run.

[edit on 11/10/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Well I'm sorry but Saddam deserved it.

Oh don't get me wrong, he definitely deserved it, but that doesn't mean you should gather around like a group of barbarians and cheer it on.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Wow, I finally meet an optimist. Let me guess... athiest? I am and I think that atheism makes you care more about this life and find that goodness in yourself. If there is no God, then if I believe that I am good, I should find it, and I did.

I was thinking today because of my semi religious thread, that one thing bad with religion is that it is a crutch. If you are constantly brainwashed into thinking that you are scum and the only way you can do good is through a god, then you are not taught how to tap that goodness within yourself. You become weak in this area and thus underdeveloped.

Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

A couple of friends that I don't get to see much said they watched it on the internet, but to this day I still haven't seen it. The Iraq people did what they think he deserved and I agree with them.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

and they are only from the major conflicts of the 20th century.

its been going on since day one,

its basically tribal warfare,its in our d.n.a,like lust.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wierdalienshiznit

Well it must not be in mine.

It's one thing to watch UFC fighting but another thing to watch someone being killed. I just don't get it I guess. My dna must not apply to that kind of entertainment.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

that is true,we are not slaves to our d.n.a but its there as a potential.you have learned to associate violence with bad feelings through your experience.

i see alot of glorification of violence ,and people wonder why our kids are shooting each other up.

ever tried to watch a horror movie lately?,its pretty much people hacking each other to pieces....

top topics

join