It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Tea Party - Global Donathon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So I made up my mind to throw $100 into the Ron Paul coffer for better or worse. I don't like all his policies per se, but he's like your only chance to get rid of the Fed, the IRS, and allow medicinal weed, plus he's not a sell-out CFR prick, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

You see, a lot of people around the world still remember what the united states was set up to be. We want the united states to get back on track, (and lose some weight lol). Coincidentally, our dollar is approaching par with yours... ouch. So @ www.ronpaul2008.com... I found out I can't donate to Ron Paul anyway...

Here's why not:

2. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident. If a foreign national, I have permanent resident status and hold a green card.

Negatory. And don't be offended, but I'm bloody glad I'm living here & not there. So I was thinking hmm, how about someone sets up a group whereby ppl from around the world can send their donations in an unprecedented show of support...

Here's why not:

5. This contribution is not made from the funds of a political action committee. This contribution is not made from the funds of an individual registered as a federal lobbyist or a foreign agent, or an entity that is a federally registered lobbying firm or foreign agent.

So if goddamned corporations (who can be foreign owned anyway - hello Murdoch @ News Ltd) can buy off (and / or replace) your politicians, why can't a concerned world citizen pitch in a few dollars? After all when you sneeze, we catch the cold.

In retaliation, I propose a dollar for dollar Global Donathon on December 16, 2007. People from around the world can donate to their charity of choice and be sponsored by a Ron Paul supporter over your side of the fence. You simply line up a sponsor and attach your confirmation email or jpg or whatever right here.

Irregardless if you think it's a good idea or not, I'm giving $100 to an Aussie animal welfare group (specifically, WIRES www.wires.org.au... who look after injured native wildlife) on December 16. Why WIRES? Because I know for fact they do a great job, and one day if we don't blow ourselves up, we may get around to helping other species too & I'm a sucker for futile causes. And the poor Aussie animals need all the help they can get, thanks to all the deliberately lit bushfires and whatnot.

So would someone over your side of the pond kindly pledge to donate $100 to Ron Paul's Tea Party for me in return on Dec 16? Any takers?

PS Feel free to spread this idea to other sites around the net. This could be a way to let the Ron Paul momentum grow into a worldwide thingie

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Im in for the tea party as well

I think the first thing people will say seeing this thread is it is not a conspiracy.

If you have been following the Ron Paul campaign at all you will see there is a definite conspiracy to block him at every turn. So I think this thread is appropriate in so far as to say we are standing up against the conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
lol looks like you're the only taker... so do we got a deal?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Shar_Chi,

I will now speak for all RP supporters (unofficially) when I say Cheers Mate!
And thank you for the idea and thought put into it.
I think the lack of response is due to the fact that pts is not seen on the 'recent posts' page which is where I always go 1st.
However your good wishes for a crumbling AmeriKa are heartwarming.
I wish there was a way to make this work. Maybe you could list a bunch of charities / causes over there that would have a broader appeal to the kinds of people who would vote for RP?

If there were a 'Hot topless Aussie Babe Fund' I'd want you to give to that

Also, you'd need to line up some other guys/babes to help you out, in case this idea does take off!
And I'd think you have more takers if you made it say, a $10-$20 donation.
A great idea from our friends down South!

To those who are not convinced yet. How would you like to have to look at this every night on the evening 'news' :

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
OOPS!
Forgot to star you, and flag it...

Done!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Money is really short and i won't be able to donate until just before December 20, but i'll probably give $100 at that point. It won't make it in time for the Boston Tea Party anniversary, but oh well. $100 is $100 is just fine with Ron i'm sure.

I agree with the limitations on fund raising, that foreign nations should not be allowed to donate. I'd like to let YOU donate, of course, because you seem like a pretty good person. I think the rule is put in place to stop foreign entities from buying out our political system. Of course that doesn't stop global corporations from doing it in roundabout sorts of ways, but oh well.

On a side note, i've been trying to convince my wife to move to Australia for about three years now. I wish she'd just say yes already.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Thanks guys we'll see if it picks up a little steam as the date gets nearer.

new topics

top topics

join