It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSN headline (11/07) - "How to profit from a police state"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Have to admit, even I was kind of surprised to see this headline today. Seems like *they* like bragging about their modern SA/SS, also known as -- the Dept of Homeland Security.... now, w/ this, the stats are amazing, 'private contractors' (rent-a-cop), even private firefighters.

articles.moneycentral.msn.com...

In the midst of a six-year war on terrorism, widening income inequality and a growing fear of immigrants, America has become something of a police state, according to a new study, with as much as 25% of our entire labor force focused on protection rather than production.

The article mentions that there was a 47% increase in "security" hirings since 2002 and has a chart showing the U.S. second to Greece in this category.

I read recently about the U.S. economy being 70% consumer-spending driven; combine that w/ these police state numbers -- to me, seems like the PS is already here.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by anhinga]

[edit on 10-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
jobs in security will be sought after in the coming years. wealthy people will want their assets protected, and these are not "cops" who will read you your rights first IMO.

I think alot of service related jobs will be in JEOPARDY within 18 months, others much sooner.

The economy is hollowed out and doesn't produce "squat" we exported financial mortgage "subprime crap" to the world and exported inflation abroad as well thanks to the oil dollar. Now our Currency is being flushed down the TOILET. and the FIRE economy finance, insurance, and real estate fuels our consumption, devaluing the dollar cripples the fire economy and along with raising fuel costs will increase the prices of goods for imports (think walmart goods) especially when china lets it's currency rise.

If the FED. does not raise rates the dollar crisis in the world and oil shock will cause a world wide recession along with wars, and political upheavel, the effects at home will be bad to potentially that of the great depression. If OPEC switches to Euro's for oil, and other currencys rise , the cost of imports will be so great in america at the same time unemployment and other costs of living (oil, food) rise that their will be blood in the streets. PERIOD

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
During the California fires, one of the news networks did a piece on privately contracted firefighters.

With the slow train wreck that is the U.S. economy, I fear citizens will definitely have to fend for themsleves. Lower rates of consumer spending will translate to less tax dollars for maintaining local, state and federal services as well as infrastructures.

Everything has the potential to be privatized and, with a deflated economy, only the wealthy elite will be able to afford basics that were once considered a standard of civilized societies.

Use the search function to read an excellnt thread:The Shock Doctrine: Disaster Capitalism

It seems we have become a country of mercenaries.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Glad that other are taking notice to this, especially on a popular site like MSN, where there's probably millions of users -- seems like simple indoctrination into acceptance of such a change.

join