It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI: Is it Worth It? -- A Nice Little Article You Might Enjoy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

It's a risky long shot that burns up money and might never, ever pay off. So is searching for intelligent creatures on unseen worlds worth the candle? After all, aren't there better ways to use our monies and technical talents than trying to find something that's only posited to exist: sentient beings in the dark depths of space?

This is a question that surfaces more often than dead fish. "Why should my precious dollars be used for SETI when there's so much suffering in the world?"

Source

This was a nice little article I ran across over at the Coast to Coast website. I thought some of you guys might enjoy the read.

I'll add my 2 pennies later.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I think SETI idea is good, the bad is that i think aliens if they can run across the vast disant of space will not use radio waves for their communications (if they are more advance and everything points that way) so radio waves for them should be like burn signs to us that we use modder technology.

So SETI is a good idea..bad impemented. I just hpe they find something but i think that actually they will not find anything.

join