It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Religion, or lack there of, do you beleive in and why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
the term for me is Humanist Agnostic

I like to say i am spritual but not religious

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think that was Blackjackals point. He said that he looked into many religions and found Christianity to be for him. Just curious Jackel, did you mean religions other than Christianity or facets of it? There are many, Cath., Prot., Morman, J.W., Fundament., etc.

I meant both....

I have been to many different dominations of christianity from the almost ritual like catholics to the rip roaring pentacostals. I have also read about most of the other religions througout my life and even visited with a few of them. Everything seems to share one thing in common however it all seems to be a roadmap to how you are supposed to live your life.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
the Path, which includes elements of Wicca, Shaman, Pagan ROMUVA are my ->Religion

[As a 4 year old, I knew my place in the world, when I became known as the 'mushroom hunter' among the extended family, for my 'gift/natural bent' of finding the right kind...]

While forging ahead in life i use some elements of Christianity,
Hindu, Vedics, Yoga, Spiritualism, Sufi, Majick...
well, anything that results in experiencing more and varied life experiences in this mortal body.
yes....even those wild, convoluted, esoteric beliefs & myths known as organized religion, are part of the Never Ending Story, and meant to be enjoyed & experienced...much like any novel or book or movie or adventure or quest or initiation

enjoy your journey...

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I believe in God, but believe that most of the guidelines or "rules" in the bible are man-made. Some of them are ridiculous. I do, however, attend a Free-Methodist church and pray alot.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was raised Roman Catholic, but I've since broken free of my brainwa... I mean.... I've moved away from that school of thought. A little too restrictive in thought and behavior for me. No offense intended to those of you who feel otherwise....

I have a healthy belief and respect for the supernatural and paranormal, and consider myself to be a spiritual person, but not religious. I believe in re-incarnation, and I believe that we have spirits, good and bad, around us always.

I have no specific religious or spiritual doctrine that I adhere to however, as I have not found one that is right for my open-minded thoughts and questions, as well as my own experiences. Life's a journey though, and as I pass through this life, I'll hopefully continue to accumulate knowledge and perhaps find the path that speaks to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that religions evolved for the people for whom it was pertinent to at that time. Unfortunately, religion merely became another form of politics.
In all probabililty, there was a time when there was only one religion but it didn't suit everyone so offshoots were created. These offshoots developed into what we see today - as man has evolved he has taken his god/s and adapted them to his needs.
There are literally hundreds of clear connections between Christianity, Judaism and Islam and the ancient religions of paganism and solar worship. Whether these connections were made on the basis of truth or just to keep the religion in question popular is very questionable at times - after all, it's no secret that various churches and religions have lied to their followers and treated them as pawns merely to retain power.

I believe in a God, but I don't believe in religion.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't believe in just one religion. I was raised roman catholic, I agree and disagree with some things, but I do believe in god, I believe there was a jesus.
All religions have their similarities, so some kind of higher being is around us.

I believe in spiritual entities, angels, god, cosmic stuff.
I think there are different dimesions we are unable to reach in this life. I think that our grandparents or parents are waiting for us on the other side and watch over us. I also think there are ghosts roaming the earth, due to some unfinished business or simply not being able to move on.

And I believe Sylvia Brown is a shyster.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Whatever does not instill hatred and intolerance is OK by me. Which leaves out 95% of the predominantly marketed flavors of religion on the planet.

Religion is less the opiate of the masses and more the tool of fear and repression in our "new" millennium. The Aquarian Age ain't starting for a wee while yet. Any politician who ever claims closeness to God in order to justify any action or policy is your enemy, to be overcome but not hated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join