It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Topping Nixon, Bush disapproval soars to highest level ever recorded in Gallup poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

For the first time, George W. Bush has surpassed Richard M. Nixon in unpopularity in the Gallup Poll, receiving the highest "strongly disapprove" rating for a president in Gallup's history.

Source

Is this a shock to anyone? While I personally feel that Bush is nothing but a puppet (like several of his predecessors), perhaps this is a sign that the American people are ready to wake up to the B.S. that's been going on here for far too long.

Now, the problem is; Do those Americans that are ready to wake up and change things have the get up and go to do so?

Jasn

[edit on 9-11-2007 by SimiusDei]

ape

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Makes sense, Bush is a clown.

Let's see what we've gotten since the republicans gained the majority, and Bush took office. Hmm, The largest expansion of government not seen since LBJ, and spending that's totaled up to more than the next 41 presidents combined. A never ending war against a tactic, record high gas / oil prices and a record low dollar against the euro. I could go on forever, don't even get me started on medicare part D.

I think it's time real conservatives took back our party from the liberal republican chickenhawks who just love the police state, big government, and teh 'war on terra'.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by ape]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
We're in a war.

Half the US population is a bunch whiny, fruitcake cowards.

The president has taken a leadership stance and has refused to be swayed by the lily-livered, weak-kneed scoundrels who have the majority in Congress.

Of course he's unpopular.

He was unpopular on the day he was elected.

He was so unpopular that the Democrats descended on Florida to see if they could somehow steal the election by examining every ballot for dimpled chads, dangling chads, and any evidence they could find that their huckster candidate might have won.

He didn't.

Doing the right thing often makes one unpopular, especially among the immoral.

Thank God for GW Bush.

[edit on 2007/11/10 by GradyPhilpott]

ape

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
We're in a war.

The president has taken a leadership stance and has refused to be swayed by the lily-livered, weak-kneed scoundrels who have the majority in Congress.

He was so unpopular that the Democrats descended on Florida to see if they could somehow steal the election by examining every ballot for dimpled chads, dangling chads, and any evidence they could find that their huckster candidate might have won.

He didn't.

Thank God for GW Bush.

[edit on 2007/11/10 by GradyPhilpott]

This is a joke of a post that just reeks of hannity-ish partisanship. He's unpopular for a reason, that reason is he's a complete fool. The only fruitcakes are the poopypants bedwetters who are willing to accept everything that chimp in office says without question. He can't even guard the borders, even after 9/11, and we're supposed to be in a war on terror? Wide open borders during a war on terror? Why are all you warhawks so anxious to bankrupt this country? We can't even run this 'war' and even our own government without having to borrow billions from china and japan daily.

Let's see, a 9 trillion dollar national debt, a record low dollar, a war approaching a trillion dollars and estimated to cost 2.1 trillion, wide open borders along with a huge illegal immigrant problem, record deficits. The democrats have been in office for over a year, the republicans gained the majority in 2000 and then proceeded to BORROW BORROW BORROW, SPEND SPEND SPEND. Of course the libs went along with it, it was like they had the majority on everything but social issues. You really need to turn off hannity and rush, they aren't even conservatives.

also, are you in love the U.N. or sumthin? We shouldn't invade and occupy a country to enforce U.N. resolutions, only liberals are down for that garbage and it's anti-american. Also, the real 'war' in Iraq is over, we are now in the middle of a police action in that country. Our troops are not police officers, they have no business policing Iraqi affairs.

If this war on an idea/tactic is such a threat to our existence, why don't we start a draft? I would love to see this country start a draft, maybe all of the bedwetters will hush up.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by ape]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Do Surveys Reflect the Truth? Critics of the surveys are quick to note that such rankings are biased, depending on who is doing the ranking. And how exactly is greatness defined?

www.infoplease.com...

The above says it all. It all depends on you ask in the survey questions to. If you poll 100 Republicans there approval rating is bound to be highing than 100 Democrates, etc.

According to the survey at infoplease, Truman and Nixon still have lower ratings than Bush.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

It's time for an angry mob to descend upon the White House, and get rid of this guy once and for all. If millions marched it could easily be done.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

We're in a war.

Yeah, he took a leadership stance, drive up the price of oil; fleece the American people, and pay back all his buddies from the days when he did nothing but drill dry holes in Texas.

Yeah but his approval was above 50%, particularly after 9/11.

Where's your facts Jack? B/c from what I've seen every Florida recount had Gore as the winner. The Supreme Court in a partisan 5-4 decision ruled to stop the recounting of votes. If the State of Florida had decided Gore would have been the president.

He didn't.

Unfortunately frat boy, champagne brigade draft dodger has rarely in his life done right.

Thank God for GW Bush.

You should say thank Satan, this is George Bush's inspiration.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Unfortunately frat boy, champagne brigade draft dodger has rarely in his life done right.

With whom did you serve?

GW Bush served as a fighter pilot in the Air National Guard.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

With whom did you serve?

GW Bush served as a fighter pilot in the Air National Guard.

I didn't serve, but my father is a Vietnam combat veteran, messed him up real bad too. I would serve in a war for freedom or something decent, not just wars for commodities like oil. Sorry I'm not going to die for Shell or ExxonMobil.

p.s. Plus there hasn't been a recent draft, if I had dodged a draft maybe you'd have something on me. Also I consider myself a peacenik, I really have a problem with these chickenhawks who never met a war they didn't like, but when it was time for them to serve got every deferment possible. So, I don't really have a problem with draft dodgers per se, just hypocritical ones. George W. Bush has said he supported the Vietnam War, but he 'fought' it in Texas (if even that we know he missed a great many commitments).

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Raoul Duke]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I didn't serve....

That's all I need to know.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Thanks.

Well that seems kind of obtuse of you, but you're entitled to your opinion.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Grady,

Have you ever noticed how when a Conservative uses "Majority anything" as an example, the "SoLibs" just dismiss it as the populace being "Sheeple" and yet when that same "Majority anything" is in their favor, it is perfectly acceptable proof?

Some really interesting psychology there...

Semper

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Exactly...

Nuff said...

Semper

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well as I have pointed out in the past on AP Truman left office with 22% approval ratings and is now remembered has one of the better presidents. Now that we have to wait for history to tell us the rest about the CIA leak scandal criticizing Bush has gone back to flogging a dead horse. Having said that I stand by everything that I have said about Bush my point is that no matter how criticism he faces he isnt going suddenly wake up one day and be a half decent president.

ape

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I didn't serve....

Thanks.

What does it matter if he served or not? It still doesn't change the fact that our current foreign policy is unsustainable.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ape
What does it matter if he served or not? It still doesn't change the fact that our current foreign policy is unsustainable.

It's just machismo ape, it's like joining a frat without going through the ridiculous hazing. We're not part of, not welcome, and not invited to the club.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

so?
again, i'm going to have to agree with duke here that this is a stupid machismo thing that has absolutely nothing to do with foreign policy and plenty to do with the type of ignorance that prevents good foreign policy.

a military man is no better or worse than a civilian man.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What is really important to note is that the congresses approval rating is crap-low too, and the opposition is in power.

Lower 20s

What America is finally realizing is that the Dems and the Reps are both horrible policy makers. Now if we can only DO something about it.

ape

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
What America is finally realizing is that the Dems and the Reps are both horrible policy makers. Now if we can only DO something about it.

We are. We're currently in the process of rebuilding the Republican party and taking it back to it's old conservative roots, small government & balanced budgets etc... Crazy how one of the original founders of the Reagan coalition is having to fight tooth and nail within his own party in order to rebuild a movement that he helped start.

Fact is Ron Paul attracts conservative republicans, independents, Libertarians, Democrats etc.. this is exactly what you want when rebuilding a party that's been destroyed by big spending, bedwetting nanny staters. I feel like i'm living proof of him growing the republican base. Because of him I went from independent voter to now registered GOP.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by ape]

new topics

top topics

join