It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT!!! 2008 Defense Authorization Bill authorizes use of US military for domestic purposes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, well, wait and see what will happen on US streets once the dollar will collapes even further... no big houses anymore, no extra cup of ice cream, no new car, no new LCD to watch Britey a bit larger on TV, no this and that anymore...

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Terrapop]

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Terrapop]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Rest asure my fellow patriots all the events that we all predict in regards to the NWO and the end of our freedoms are happening, its just a slow process,They do have a master plan, and it is in motion.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You're right in inferring bad intentions. But, thankfully these characters don't pack the gear.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
reply to post by SevenThunders

Republican, Democrat its all the same, Those who really run this BS control our media, our leaders, our money, everything... They are setting this country up for a Dictatorship and a police state.

How can you people not see it?

We can see it all right. Now, what can we do about it? And is there enough time left to make changes, i.e. has the tipping point passed yet?

Somehow, I'd have trouble entrusting any establishment member with making any real changes...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

The Secretary of Defense shall determine the military-unique capabilities needed to be provided by the Department of Defense to support civil authorities in an incident of national significance.

Any additional capabilities determined by the Secretary to be necessary to support the use of the active components and the reserve components of the armed forces for providing military support to civil authorities.

This goes well beyond the Warner Act. The Secretary of State, not just the Commander in Chief will now be able to use any branch of the military in any manner deemed necessary for any event or situation that could be argued in front of an appointed judge to be "significant". It seems from this language that it does not need to be a national emergency or even an issue of national security.

This seems more than a small power shift, and IMO due to the ease with which this power can be wielded by the Secretary of State, basically guarantees military use in many parts of the country sooner or later. Since people with little time left in office feel it is important to pass this now, I suspect it will mean sooner.

I do not intend to alarm anyone, just might as well paint a picture of a reality we likely face, something we should accept or change as a nation of citizens.

Imagine leaving your house in the morning, and in place of or in addition to seeing neighborhood police every once in a while, you see military units from nearby forts, equipment and technology, stationed in your neighborhood whenever there is an "event of national significance".

I have talked to a fair number of people to get their opinions on this. It seems pretty clear...

All experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

The words of The Declaration of Independence, endorsed by all of the United States' Founding Fathers, the very people responsible for creating our great country seem to be true.

From what I have gathered, almost all people I've talked to would likely act in whatever way they believed would help if they truly believed we were headed for the eventual human suffering of a true police state. Most either seem not to consider the idea as possible, despite the unprecedented expansion of power in the executive branch, or do not want to believe because of the required change in their world view and potential responsibility to add more to their already full plate that it would require.

I have personally seen and known innocent people minding their own business on their way to work subjected to tear gas by choosing the wrong route. That hasn't been common while we've had respected, constitutional checks and balances in place.

I suspect people will wake up when the first humvees roll into their town for some significant event, sporting the new 95GHz microwave "non-lethal", cooks 1/64th inch of skin causing searing pain and an uncontrollable desire to duck and cover, wide-beam crowd dispersion devices already developed and now approved for use in Iraq.

While we're on the subject, just some advice in case that does happen and you end up exposed to it -- close your eyes. You don't want to cook the top layer of tissue on your eyes. There are debates on whether or not the devices can easily blind people, but no need to find out. The good news is that if these preferred new military crowd dispersion devices do come to your neighborhood, good sunglasses will probably prevent anything more than temporary searing flesh on all of your nerve endings and maybe slightly burned skin when it's over.

It'll heal.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by lifestudent]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
looks like microwave deflector dishes are gonna be on for christmas

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ok there was also an executive order awhile back less than a year though that in some terms as I read it, will allow for the executive to over see all of the branches, except unchecked and with sole power, can someone find that, it was on the main whitehouse page circa July I think, but many people are forgetting about the executive orders and things that are getting by without a lot of scrutiny that once all put into play nothing will be able to stop actions.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

will allow for the executive to over see all of the branches, except unchecked and with sole power

I've never heard of this. Can you please provide a source?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Here's a source: www.roguegovernment.com...

HR 1585 which is the 2008 Defense Authorization Bill is an evil piece of legislation that actually gives authorization to the U.S. military to plan a future merger with the police that will be used during a catastrophic emergency. This bill authorizes the Department of Defense to design a plan for a martial law apparatus.

Plus, there's some controversy over the 'public version' not including certain aspects of this, check the Rogue Gov't article for a full understanding..... still, seems like bad news, considering the amount of bills/laws that exist without public review....

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
...signed this bill into law today.... allows the military to assist in civilian affairs, further gutting the federal laws for *their* agenda.

Signing of
www.govexec.com...

NWO implications
mparent7777-2.blogspot.com...

Posse Comitatus Act
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Its OK, I'm sticking with Jessica Simpson.

This may be the force the invades the Bush White House.

Bin Laden: Bush has escaped.

Bin Laden took over the Airplane industry, he could take over the
domestic army.

What is the secret government programming next.
These are exciting times.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

I don't think CX gave an example of the military being used against US citizens. The examples were in humanitarian emergencies. There's a big difference in airlifting folks to safety, and conducting raids/ambushes/laying seige.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It seems like this would be a good time to bring this thread back up. Especially seeing the other thread regarding FEMA saying they are staging for martial law.

Here's what I wonder about martial law. If you are an honest and law abiding citizen, is this really going to affect us negatively? Yes, I know that sounds very naive, but seriously, will this just prevent me from being mugged by a homeless thug while I'm on my way to work.

Maybe it is time something is done about our world. Just read the "fake news" everyday about the real stuff that is happening around us. People killing and abusing others (including children) Thugs killing, robbing, torturing good people.

I think a eutopia wouldn't be such a bad thing. I would like to live only with others that are willing to work, take care of themselves, be thoughtful and considerate of others, and obey any laws which result in personal injury or death or loss of property.

No, I don't want to live in concentration camps, but let's face it, our society (or a good number of them) have lost control. But are these concentration camps for people that just refuse to obey laws. If so, they are needed. I personally don't believe I should have to pay taxes which are for providing clean jail cells, TVs, Exercise Equipment, etc... for people that have broken laws.

Oops, my intent was just to bump this thread, but I'm afraid I've probably opened a huge can of worms. Oh well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join