It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. police plan to map Muslim areas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

L.A. police plan to map Muslim areas

www.msnbc.msn.com

Civil rights advocates criticized plans by the Los Angeles Police Department to map the city's Muslim communities, calling it racial profiling.

The LAPD's counterterrorism bureau plans to identify Muslim enclaves in order to determine which might be likely to become isolated and susceptible to "violent, ideologically based extremism," said Deputy Chief Michael P. Downing on Thursday.

"We want to know where the Pakistanis, Iranians and Chechens are so we can reach out to those communities," said Downing, who heads the counterterrorism bureau.
Downing said the plan is still in its early stages, but the LAPD wants to work with a Muslim partner and intends to have the data assembled by the University of Southern California's Center for Risk and Economic Analysis.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.xinhuanet.com

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
When I read this, I knew I had to post it on ATS. The plan basically would put LA muslims on 24/7 police watch, like martial law. Do they know something that we don't know? Just today, the LAPD played down a terror threat against shoppping malls during the Christmas season. Once again, a prominent example of Americans losing their civil liberties.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I thought this was pretty big news. Oh well, go ahead and worry about Yellowstone blowing up. I'll be focused on the important issues.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^^
Give us a chance to formulate an opinion.
Not every post gets a reply in the first hour it's posted.

I'm calling Shenanigans !!! on this story........

The police have all this information already through the very fact that they patrol the entire city on a daily basis. They know the neighborhoods that are Jewish, Muslim, Catholic, etc... because they deal with these people every day. It's the same way they see racial differences in the communities and economic differences in various parts of a town or city.
As a member of ATS I could probably even profile forums from just reading the input. Like I'd say the "Aircraft Forum" is predominantly middle aged white males, but there are exceptions. A black guy or a woman could be posting there, but not in the same numbers.

Hell, anyone with a phone book and a map could profile a city pretty fast just using a box of stick pins. If you want to know where any particular ethnic group is in this day and age, Google Earth will show you all the churches & shops that are associated to that ethnic group.

You don't think the Germans had to go looking for the Jews, do you ?

(image is open source)

On Kristallnacht they just marched into known areas of the cities and towns.

I think someone is just stirring the pot with a story like this. :shk:

Edit:pic

[edit on 9/11/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ayup, the LAPD is showing no interest in losing their well-deserved jackbooted fascist reputation. This is *no* different to the runup to anti-Jewish discrimination in Nazi Germany.

P.S.

Yellowstone is not going to blow up anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Makes perfect sense, these are the communities most likely to have and be suscetible to muslim extremists within them. WHat's the problem ? There is none. YAWN.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

TROLL.

What proof is there that they are susceptible to terror?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mentalempire

Well for one I'll bet 99% of all terrorist acts are committed by Muslims. Moreover it is a fact that as soon as the Muslim population reaches some 10% or so in any country, violent jihadi activity disrupts that society. You can look at India or Thailand or the Philippines or any other number of countries for examples. As for majority Muslim countries, I'm afraid they all appear to be violent third world cesspools as well. Therefore a sane society would deploy extra law enforcement in Muslim communities.

By the way racial profiling would have stoppped 911. Some security personal thought the muslims who boarded the planes in Boston were very suspicious. Unfortunately airline policy prevented them from acting due to fear of lawsuits. That's what political correctness will buy you.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

You do have to consider all the false flag attacks there've been over the years, and also the role of the United States and other Western powers in creating conditions in Muslim countries so intolerable that people felt they had no other choice but to rise up.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Let's see... how many white Christian males do you see blowing themselves up?

Not all Muslims are terrorist but it sure seems to me that all of the ones killing themselves are.

And who is "trolling" now?

[edit on 10-11-2007 by -Reason-]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by -Reason-

Apparently you don't know much about the false flag phenomenon. Look into it.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mentalempire
reply to post by SevenThunders

You do have to consider all the false flag attacks there've been over the years, and also the role of the United States and other Western powers in creating conditions in Muslim countries so intolerable that people felt they had no other choice but to rise up.

Hmm I would say you are far more a troll than me. I speak the truth and history backs me up. I suggest you oull your head out of your *$$. Educate yourself before calling people names.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mentalempire
reply to post by -Reason-

Apparently you don't know much about the false flag phenomenon. Look into it.

LOL, why don't you post hen you are prepared to deal with reality, rather than rely on imaginary events. You have no credibility.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Honestly, I'm getting a little sick of people pussyfooting around certain issues because they're not "P.C." As long as the police aren't arresting people solely based on their ethnicity or religion, what's the problem if they want to patrol areas that are suspected of breeding violence? If more violent crimes are committed by a certain people, patrol that area more. It's what police have been doing forever.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This is a geat idea, the police over here in the UK wouldnt do it thought because they'd be called racist by The Muslim Leaders of Britain.

top topics

join